Official CCS Grillmasters thread

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to do a sirachi/honey glaze with a little sesame oil and spices mixed in. Garlic/parm is always good.

Also, if I do wings in oven. I season them well then toss in a light coating of corn starch. Place them on a rack and turn half way through. Nice and crispy wings.

I also do a hot/sweet/soy type sauce...garlic, ginger, all kinds of recipes on the web. Never tried the cornstarch but will next time around.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also do a hot/sweet/soy type sauce...garlic, ginger, all kinds of recipes on the web. Never tried the cornstarch but will next time around.
Its a must for the oven. Make sure you put them on a rack to get all that nice air flow and you will think you had some deep fried wings.

Plenty of recipes but I am from the South. Im heavy on the seasoning. The north recipes keeps that shit tame on the interwebs

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I would also like to add that when I grill, I fully utilize the top tray of my grill with foil + butter/spices + veggies or potatoes, etc.

I love buttery, grilled side items with my grilled meat :)

Butter and a grill should never be combined. If you have quality produce the last thing you need to do is fuck it up with butter.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butter and a grill should never be combined. If you have quality produce the last thing you need to do is fuck it up with butter.

I don’t know, finishing a nice piece of fish with lightly brushing it with butter & lemon is pretty good.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I don’t know, finishing a nice piece of fish with lightly brushing it with butter & lemon is pretty good.

EVOO is far superior in that circumstance. I’m also dairy-intolerant so that skews my views.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just did a brisket last night....

Started it at about 3pm and it finished around 11 at 190F.

Pellet grill set on smoke.....temps around 200.....put KC dry rub on it, smoked fat side up.......it was ridiculously good.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I forgot to post in here.

I did 3 racks of ribs and 1 pork butt over the weekend.

Saturday (yes raining snowing Saturday) I did 2 racks of ribs.

They came out decent, but not quite as tender as I prefer.

Sunday (chilly, but much better weather) I did 1 rack of ribs and the pork butt.

These both came out great.

The pork butt was a great cut, I kept it middle-left closer to the firebox, and once wrapped it powered thru the stall and my cook time to hit 200+ on the internal temp was exactly where I was shooting.

The ribs I put on later and kept on the right side where the temps would be lower.... the chamber moved from 220-280 often settling for 1-2 hours in the 260 range, but the pork butt can handle that... on the right side it was probably hitting ranges of like 200-260.

I did ribs for 3 hours no foil, then I wrapped the ribs and pork butt when the stall hit which was right on the nose of the 3 hours for the ribs... I said this cook went well, didn't I?

Then I put them both in foil, ribs for 1 hr 40 mins, took it out and tested it and it was perfectly tender, so I wrapped it and tossed it in the cooler.

Pork butt powered up to 203 by 5:50pm, and I had the meat shredded and ribs cut to portions right at 6pm.

I got pictures I will append on to this post.... unfortunately I didn't get all the cuts at every stage, especially the last 2 when done lol I was so hungry.

jwQn8D3.jpg
MGHrETH.jpg
Nb8THnS.jpg
bonkCro.jpg
FW97pxB.jpg

8znjVG5.jpg

ZoPZfcW.jpg

Last edited:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to do ribs this weekend on BGE.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those look great Ares, how many people are you cooking for? Or do you save or freeze some of it? That's a lot of food.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Those look great Ares, how many people are you cooking for? Or do you save or freeze some of it? That's a lot of food.

I did two cooks.

Saturday the two racks of ribs for me and my two buddies, we ate most of it...

Sunday one rack of ribs and the pork butt for me and my cousin and one of my buddies.... we ate alot of it, but I divied up the remainder into leftovers.

Worst case if you cook too much, you wind up with leftovers.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I did two cooks.

Saturday the two racks of ribs for me and my two buddies, we ate most of it...

Sunday one rack of ribs and the pork butt for me and my cousin and one of my buddies.... we ate alot of it, but I divied up the remainder into leftovers.

Worst case if you cook too much, you wind up with leftovers.
Ares, I now know why you and your buddies and cousin are diabetic! :)

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
@Ares Any update on the attempted Ribeye yet? or are you still recovering from your pork butt meat sweats?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Ares Any update on the attempted Ribeye yet? or are you still recovering from your pork butt meat sweats?

Still working thru all the meat I have leftover from the weekend.

I'll post when I buy/cook the ribeye.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Still working thru all the meat I have leftover from the weekend.

I'll post when I buy/cook the ribeye.

Make sure to get your prostate checked when you hit your mid 30s. Good thing you don't smoke (cigarettes, not meat)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've got a solid recipe for breading and baking them, but want to grill them. I'm a bit tired of the usual buffalo wing sauce. Any recommendations?

I have a recipe from Southern Living that has Franks Hot Sauce, Dry Italian Dressing and Basil. It still has heat,but a different flavor and is very good. I will look it up and post it. I know the ingredients, just don't recall the amounts to post it (though I can do it in my sleep)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Raining here. I am cooking inside. Italian Beef.
But I need to get grilling way more than I have been lately. With my kids working evenings all the time, grilling isn't getting the attention it deserves.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s a hot lazy Sunday so I decided to smoke some ribs. Anyone else firing up the grill today?

Raining here today. Yesterday did a turkey breast on BGE. Just a bit of smoking chips, grilled on 350 or a bit less. We’ll eat that for a good part of this week.