Donator
Liked Posts:
Is It Too Early To Say "Fire Ozzie"

Is It Too Early To Say "Fire Ozzie"

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
its way too early, the bats arent swing good, but we got a glimpse of what this offense can be in the first week of play,... just hope we turn it around sooner than later, before its too late

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
If one wants to overlook his failures over the past few seasons and consider each season comes with a tabula rasa, then I could understand the yes point of view.

Otherwise, hell no.

I'm in the "hell no" category. Each season does not come with a clean slate - the entire body of work must be considered. And, with that, not only does that come a World Series Championship, but also better assets (in terms of talent) and the failures that accompanied those improved assets.

Last edited:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Ozzie has lost the team.

Fire Ozzie.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
My question for three days now is will the White Sox be over .500 ever again this season? I say no

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not like the direction of this team, nor do I like Ozzie's attitude. He seems to think he is invincible at times.

But yes, it is too early. This season is his to win or fail.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought Ozzie should've been fired before last season started, and I was amazed to see him still on the team this year...

but that being said, if the Cubs ever decide to win another championship, that coach will be immediately enshrined and given a 30 year contract, so I guess I gotta be careful about what I say.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Ozzie should've been fired before last season started, and I was amazed to see him still on the team this year...

but that being said, if the Cubs ever decide to win another championship, that coach will be immediately enshrined and given a 30 year contract, so I guess I gotta be careful about what I say.

I hear what you are saying but post-2005-championship-honeymoon has worn thin with Ozzie. IMO he is skating on very thin ice.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Guillen's act is getting old, much like Ditka's did in the early 90's...

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a parallel... both won as young coaches... and it seems that both might end up being total losers who were lucky to be in the position they were at a young age.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Rongey today speak of how managers dont win and dont lose baseball games. So you know I am fired up right now.

Anyway, the talent is there, the lineup is nasty, the SP is fine, sure we need a closer but so do alot of teams right now.

like 901 said, ozzie lost this team. this is a simple fact.

Sure ozzie won a WS, ok, great. But it is so typical of chicago and their fans to let things go easily, and some who worship mediocrity.

I see the division is upside down, I see how most of the BP for the twins are gone, nathan isnt closing, their 2nd basemen has a broken leg, mourneau is ehh, mauer is hurt, they have no SP at all, I look at similar issues with Detroit and now they lost Vmart and we cannot take advantage. its 1:30 am and im just really fucking pissed.

Ozzie needs to go. end of story. no more excuses.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Rongey today speak of how managers dont win and dont lose baseball games. So you know I am fired up right now.

I really take anything said about the Sox on the score with a grain of salt. They broadcast Sox games so they will always take it light on them.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:

Anyway, the talent is there, the lineup is nasty, the SP is fine, sure we need a closer but so do alot of teams right now.

like 901 said, ozzie lost this team. this is a simple fact.

Sure ozzie won a WS, ok, great. But it is so typical of chicago and their fans to let things go easily, and some who worship mediocrity.

I see the division is upside down, I see how most of the BP for the twins are gone, nathan isnt closing, their 2nd basemen has a broken leg, mourneau is ehh, mauer is hurt, they have no SP at all, I look at similar issues with Detroit and now they lost Vmart and we cannot take advantage. its 1:30 am and im just really fucking pissed.

Ozzie needs to go. end of story. no more excuses.

That is not a fact because to be a fact you would need info backing it up, which you cannot provide, unless you have a couple players saying that they have stopped listening to him.

If the hitters arent hitting how is that Ozzies fault? Managers get to much credit when things are going well and to much blame when things are going bad. Its early and people are freaking out.

does it suck that the Sox suck right now, yeah, of course. Its early and the Sox have just completed a little over 10% of the schedule, as we have seen last year the Sox started slow and picked it up and took the division lead, they are still in it, CLE is not this good neither is KC

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where's the hate for Greg Walker?

Can't leave him out.

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with Pale Hose... and Joe is right too. Has it really been shown to be all that successful to replace the manager in-season? Who is the amazing unemployed manager out there that could take this team to the playoffs?

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
I agree with Pale Hose... and Joe is right too. Has it really been shown to be all that successful to replace the manager in-season? Who is the amazing unemployed manager out there that could take this team to the playoffs?

Very often a team that switches managers mid-season will do well for a short stretch and then will go back to where they started.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozzie aint the problem, if guys in the clubhouse have a problem with Ozzie, need to get rid of the players. U tellin me Pauly, Dunn, AJ, Gordon, Burhle, Floyd, Danks, and even the guys in the bullpen dont wanna win?,... cuz of Ozzie? i have a hard time believeing that. Were slumping!! That it, thats all.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes:

ok, it isnt a "simple fact" that ozzie lost the team, ok i dont have proof you are right.

Still does not change the fact that he is a horrible in game manager, if you think he is, than you are delusional.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes:

ok, it isnt a "simple fact" that ozzie lost the team, ok i dont have proof you are right.

Still does not change the fact that he is a horrible in game manager, if you think he is, than you are delusional.

the only knock i have on Ozzie, is how he manages the Bullpen, when to go to it, when to pull the starter, ive said that before, but hes gotten better at it. I think he learned alot from that week that the bullpen imploded, and the bullpen hasnt performed as bad in th elast 2,3 games. we just havent been hittin. You dont think that the bats seein that bullpen implode for a week straight might have damaged their psyche, and killed all the mojo they had? I do.

Last edited:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozzie aint the problem, if guys in the clubhouse have a problem with Ozzie, need to get rid of the players. U tellin me Pauly, Dunn, AJ, Gordon, Burhle, Floyd, Danks, and even the guys in the bullpen dont wanna win?,... cuz of Ozzie? i have a hard time believeing that. Were slumping!! That it, thats all.

None of the starting pitchers are the problem.