***OFFICIAL Draft Thread***

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Bears OLine is clearly better when Kyle Long plays.

Long plays hard, plays hurt, and puts his body on the line for the good of the team.

On a team that had an unbelievably bad OL in recent years, and still has one that is only average to good, not great, he is totally unappreciated by many Bears fans.

Many fans have been discussing trading or cutting him for three years now.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears OLine is clearly better when Kyle Long plays.

Long plays hard, plays hurt, and puts his body on the line for the good of the team.

On a team that had an unbelievably bad OL in recent years, and still has one that is only average to good, not great, he is totally unappreciated by many Bears fans.

Many fans have been discussing trading or cutting him for three years now.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Makes sense to want a guy to not be injured every year. I don't believe anyone wants to cut him because of his grit, talent, or determination

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Makes sense to want a guy to not be injured every year. I don't believe anyone wants to cut him because of his grit, talent, or determination
It makes sense to want him to play instead of being out with an injury.
It doesn't make sense to want him cut - and thus play zero games - because he may otherwise only play 14.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears
Draft pick:
Iowa State RB David Montgomery; Georgia WR Riley Ridley(No. 126); Kansas State CB Duke Shelley (No. 205); Florida Atlantic RB Kerrith White (No. 222); Valdosta State CB Stephen Denmark (No. 238)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A-
Day 3 grade: A
Overall grade: A
Draft analysis: Khalil Mack was 100 percent worthy of the Bears' interest. He played lights-out in 2018 and I suspect will be a force over the next few seasons, barring injury (which was a bit of a concern last year). There's no question he was worth giving up their 2019 first- and sixth-round picks, as well as the 2020 third-round pick as a sweetener. And parting with a 2020 first-round pick and swapping second-round picks with the Raiders next year may only be a minimal loss for the Bears if they are a playoff team and Oakland does not greatly exceed its win total from last season.

When they were finally on the clock Friday night (they dealt away their second-rounder this year in a draft day trade last year to land WR Anthony Miller), the Bears found their new running back in Montgomery, who can carry a heavy workload. They had to give up a 2020 fourth-round pick as part of the deal, though.

Getting Ridley in the fourth round was an absolute steal. I thought he was a second-round value. Shelley could be a nice slot corner. He hid behind Devin Singletary at FAU, but the Bears thought enough of White to pair him with Montgomery at RB in their draft class.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes sense to want him to play instead of being out with an injury.
It doesn't make sense to want him cut - and thus play zero games - because he may otherwise only play 14.
Not talking about cutting him (especially after he signed a cap friendly extension). Only talking about drafting for depth.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: