****OFFICIAL Jon Gruden GIFT BASKET Donation Thread : SHIPPED!!!!!! ARRIVES FRIDAY***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
But he was the missing piece if Pace and Navy were good at their jobs.

You are basically saying Pace and Nagy should have assumed they were a terrible GM and coach and realized they fucked up with 4M.

No I’m not. I’m saying that, after the 2017 season, it was obvious this team wasn’t ready for a gigantic investment into a guy who doesn’t touch the ball. They had many pieces to fill. I’m sure you agree that it wasn’t a team build for long term success.
You say out of picks but Mack and Kmet have provided more value IMO than Jacobs and Arnette. You are pretending the lost picks woukd have provided more value which is likely false.

See above. Those draft picks would likely provide less value than Mack and Kmet so what is your point?

Are you building a team around Jacobs and Arnette? Or are you pretending Pace magically drafts 2 studs with those picks when he has largely failed with 1st round picks thus far.

Who are the 2 players we could have reasonably taken that provide more value?

Lol no. You have completely missed the point. You and I have no idea who would have been drafted. You and I have no idea the value of those picks if Mack isn’t on the team. The point, the Bears needed those (4 )picks (Net 3, not counting the 7th) and the savings of the HIGHEST PAID DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF ALL-TIME, for a team that wasn’t ready to win long term after the 2017 season. It’s been now proven. Mack did nothing for the long term success of this team because they were not built to be success long term.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Not really. I still take Mack and Kmet over Jacobs, Austin, Arnette and Edwards. Jacobs is a decent RB. Arnette has a 50 grade at CB. Austin has 51 grade and Edwards has 131 yards on the year.

But you've been saying Kmet was a bad draft pick by R.Pace so which is it? I guess you like staying in the middle so you can always say i knew it....LOL

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This team wasn’t ready for Mack. It was a premature transaction. It’s been proven now.
Hindsight shows us this to be correct, however, at the time I don't think it was proven. Coming off a 12-4 year the expectation would be that the team would take that next step. However, you saw regression from a ton of players - most significantly at the QB position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And then you claimed you were fine with it once you saw the cost so which is it?

Mack is the 2nd highest graded Edge in the entire NFL. I make that trade all day everyday. Mack is not responsible for Pace, Nagy, 4M and Foles being ass.

The biggest issue with Mack is Pagano and the O

It's real simple.....well for most of it is that is.

I thought we were giving up too much to get K.Mack when it first happened but did i become a huge K.Mack fan when he started playing games for us? Hell yes i did. The guy is, or was, an absolute beats and still is a top 5 OLB/DE in the NFL but as i said when we first made the trade, we gave up too much for him and really for any OLB. The guy is still a beast and i'm still glad we have him but was just too much to give up but now that part is done.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Not really. I still take Mack and Kmet over Jacobs, Austin, Arnette and Edwards. Jacobs is a decent RB. Arnette has a 50 grade at CB. Austin has 51 grade and Edwards has 131 yards on the year.

Also you can't go by the players the Raiders drafted cause they aren't gonna be the same players we would of drafted. There were plenty of great players on the board when those picks came up and the Raiders did some moving around.

Who knows maybe Pace would of blown a couple of those picks or maybe he would of hit even bigger then the Raiders did.

Status
Not open for further replies.