***OFFICIAL*** Langford watch thread, #calledit edition

Langford?

• Total voters

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So, it's clear the Howard experiment has run its course, with the rookie "workhorse" being bottled up for 2.3 ypc on 15 carries, along with a couple costly drops. Naturally, the fine folks here at CCS were ready to induct him into the HOF after his performance against possibly the worst run defense of all time in the 2016 Colts. Over reactive, but not entirely surprising. The lack of brains around here is pretty well known, with the more prolific of bears fans/message boarders posting on the chibears subreddit. But I digress...

When will we get our starting RB back? Our true #1 Langford was solely missed in this game, specifically his home run ability and improved pass catching in year 2. His pass pro is missed as well (Howard got Hoyer REKT on one play). Langford really can't return soon enough IMO.

I'd love to see what he can do with an improved passing game, o line gelling, and against some of these easier defenses (Packers are over rated). Anyone have a time table for his return? Wikipedia has nothing on the matter..

Thanks

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
raw

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm almost hoping Hoyer throws a pick @Lambeau. The pining for Cutler that will result is going to be comedy gold.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So, it's clear the Howard experiment has run its course, with the rookie "workhorse" being bottled up for 2.3 ypc on 15 carries, along with a couple costly drops. Naturally, the fine folks here at CCS were ready to induct him into the HOF after his performance against possibly the worst run defense of all time in the 2016 Colts. Over reactive, but not entirely surprising. The lack of brains around here is pretty well known, with the more prolific of bears fans/message boarders posting on the chibears subreddit. But I digress...

When will we get our starting RB back? Our true #1 Langford was solely missed in this game, specifically his home run ability and improved pass catching in year 2. His pass pro is missed as well (Howard got Hoyer REKT on one play). Langford really can't return soon enough IMO.

I'd love to see what he can do with an improved passing game, o line gelling, and against some of these easier defenses (Packers are over rated). Anyone have a time table for his return? Wikipedia has nothing on the matter..

Thanks

Oh good another thread that you forgot the green font on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Carey did pretty well.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's almost unbelievable that people don't want to talk about this.

The entire premise for winning games around here has been running the ball effectively, to take the pressure of the passing game/defense. Carey was the only one able to do that Sunday, as Howard "rumbled" for 1-3 yard carries all afternoon. Are we giving him a pass? If so, why?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's almost unbelievable that people don't want to talk about this.

The entire premise for winning games around here has been running the ball effectively, to take the pressure of the passing game/defense. Carey was the only one able to do that Sunday, as Howard "rumbled" for 1-3 yard carries all afternoon. Are we giving him a pass? If so, why?

Just imagine how excited we'll all be if we get Langford and Cutler back at the same time........this could actually happen.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Every week it gets worse.

No Cutler to bag on and this place really starts grasping for anything to le epic trole.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought we decided that 1-15 would be good this year? Play whoever sucks the most. We need a high draft pick even though said pick will probably have injury problems.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Use RBBC for the rest of the season. See what you have and go with the hot hand. Howard is the better back, more patient, hits the right holes (lol), can break tackles etc, but there's really no reason to leave Langford on the bench. Use the rest of the season to evaluate him and see what you have moving forward between the two of them.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Just like the Bears organization so goes the fans. All both ever do is pick on the productive players and give all the non producing scrubs a pass. Next up Howard, the only guy to score a TD yesterday, he is the problem! Go join Marshall, Bennett, Forte, soon Jeffery.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just like the Bears organization so goes the fans. All both ever do is pick on the productive players and give all the non producing scrubs a pass. Next up Howard, the only guy to score a TD yesterday, he is the problem! Go join Marshall, Bennett, Forte, soon Jeffery.

What? Did you just compare a rookie back to well established vets?!?

Surely you jest.

Rise

Liked Posts:
What? Did you just compare a rookie back to well established vets?!?

Surely you jest.

No I compared how so many Bears fans want to fix what isn't broken, or in this case is not as broken. Howard might not be Walter Payton but he has done a damn good job taking over for the injured Langford. To hate on him right now with the abundance of problems with this team is, in my opinion, absurd.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard is averaging 5.0 YPC on the season and you want to replace him with a guy who fails to average 4?

Howard deserves to be the starter with Langford providing a change of pace from here on out.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard is averaging 5.0 YPC on the season and you want to replace him with a guy who fails to average 4?

Howard deserves to be the starter with Langford providing a change of pace from here on out.

you'll have to forgive him. he's a bit of a Douche.