Official: Tank for Garrett Thread

Liked Posts:
Bears fans: Hopefully, we''l have a top-3 pick, so we can finally get a franchise defensive end!!!

He's been compared to Peppers, and edge rusher, thanks to our superior drafting skills, is still a need position long-term.

I'll take that over quarterbacks that aren't clear franchise players any day.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Garrett is a special talent.

You would have to have very strong feelings in the QB to pass on Garrett. I think a lot would depend on how deep the QB class ends up being once guys declare or go back to school.

If a bunch of guys declare, then the chance to get back into the 1st round and draft one would make me more comfortable with passing on the top guy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would rather have Garrett than Kizer. Watson? Still for debate.

Watson is an interesting player, because he is getting picked apart this season. But this is a guy that hung 40 points on an NFL defense at Alabama on the biggest stage possible.

That type of moxie is special.

I wonder if he is becoming a product of being in the spotlight for too long and people expecting every game to be his National Championship game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I want them to have the sheer scope of their failure grinder into their faces.

Yes, what an awful view.

dd03.jpg

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy, WTF man? Last year you were stumping for Fox and telling us he was a great hire. This year you are talking like he stole the Lindbergh baby and want him executed. Stop being a bandwagon jumper

I'm not trying to stand up for windy because that guy does do quite a bit of flip-flopping *cough* Shea McClelin *cough* but… everyone is entitled to change their minds.

I remember early April in say 2009 when the entire CBMB was all a glow with Jay-stakes winners happiness.

I also remember a late April in 2012 when a certain egg product trousers poster stood up for the McClelin pick and the Evan Rodrigues pick. Hmmmm…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Garrett is a beast but I am personally taking Deshaun Watson if he is available and not looking back.

Watson has all the physical tools to be special. He has the mental toughness required at the position. He has that "it" factor. He wins games. He has been in big games before and the stage has never been too much. He is still raw but has so much potential. He is having a "down year" compared to last season yet still has a completion percentage of 63, 1950 yards passing and 20 TDs to 8 picks and has led his team to an undefeated record.

It should also be noted that his numbers to this point are right around if not better what they were last season. The only number that has taken a slight dip is completion percentage, rush TDs and rush yards and all are minor drops.

Last year through 7 games Watson had 1553 yards passing, 15 TDs to 7 INTs and a completion percentage of 69. He had 303 yards rushing and 3 rush TDs.

This year he has 1950 yards passing, 20 TDs to 9 INTs and a completion percentasge of 63. He has 279 yards rushing and 1 rush td.

Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with either Garrett or Watson. Not so sure about Kizer.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Garrett is a beast but I am personally taking Deshaun Watson if he is available and not looking back.

Watson has all the physical tools to be special. He has the mental toughness required at the position. He has that "it" factor. He wins games. He has been in big games before and the stage has never been too much. He is still raw but has so much potential. He is having a "down year" compared to last season yet still has a completion percentage of 63, 1950 yards passing and 20 TDs to 8 picks and has led his team to an undefeated record.

It should also be noted that his numbers to this point are right around if not better what they were last season. The only number that has taken a slight dip is completion percentage, rush TDs and rush yards and all are minor drops.

Last year through 7 games Watson had 1553 yards passing, 15 TDs to 7 INTs and a completion percentage of 69. He had 303 yards rushing and 3 rush TDs.

This year he has 1950 yards passing, 20 TDs to 9 INTs and a completion percentasge of 63. He has 279 yards rushing and 1 rush td.

He plays in a derpy scheme with easy concepts/reads. Some of those games wouldn't have been as big as nailbiters had he made the throws he was supposed to make. 63% is not that big of a deal in that context. Mason Rudolph for example is in that ballpark and what they do vertically at OK State is a bit more complicated than what goes on at Clemson. Wouldn't be mad with Watson, but I seriously doubt his accuracy in the NFL where he's gonna have to hit players that are "covered" often instead of just hitting guys in open space most of the time.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
He plays in a derpy scheme with easy concepts/reads. Some of those games wouldn't have been as big as nailbiters had he made the throws he was supposed to make. 63% is not that big of a deal in that context. Mason Rudolph for example is in that ballpark and what they do vertically at OK State is a bit more complicated than what goes on at Clemson. Wouldn't be mad with Watson, but I seriously doubt his accuracy in the NFL where he's gonna have to hit players that are "covered" often instead of just hitting guys in open space most of the time.

Lol Clemson runs a "derpy scheme" and Oklahoma State does not? OK then. Got it. Watson makes NFL throws every week despite his "derpy scheme".

Reactions: WCL

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Lol Clemson runs a "derpy scheme" and Oklahoma State does not? OK then. Got it. Watson makes NFL throws every week despite his "derpy scheme".

OK State definitely does not. They run way more advanced concepts than Clemson, especially in the deep passing passing game. They really push the ball. I coudn't imagine Watson with a 63 completion percentage if he had to play in that offense. And again these guys are top QB's for a reason. Even Chad Kelly makes a couple good throws a week.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK State definitely does not. They run way more advanced concepts than Clemson, especially in the deep passing passing game. They really push the ball. I coudn't imagine Watson with a 63 completion percentage if he had to play in that offense. And again these guys are top QB's for a reason. Even Chad Kelly makes a couple good throws a week.

It is the Big 12.

I would expect Watson to complete 80% of his passes against those pathetic defenses.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
It is the Big 12.

I would expect Watson to complete 80% of his passes against those pathetic defenses.

Troy, South Carolina State, NC State, BC, and GT are hardly a bunch of killers though in comparison to Clemson.

Pick any random tape. You guys tell me the difference

[video=youtube;WcoEqRY4iqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcoEqRY4iqk[/video]

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;0id_X7BJqVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0id_X7BJqVE[/video]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Troy, South Carolina State, NC State, BC, and GT are hardly a bunch of killers though.

You guys tell me

[video=youtube;WcoEqRY4iqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcoEqRY4iqk[/video]

Boston College 4th ranked defense
Louisville 11th ranked defense
Miami 14th ranked defense
NC State 16th ranked defense
Auburn 30th ranked defense
Goergia Tech 32nd ranked defense

How many big 12 defenses make the top 32?

Baylor 19

Not to mention last season

BC-1
Alabama-3
Lousville-14
Florida St-16
NC State-19

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts: