***OFFICIAL USMNT Thread*** (Vol. 2022 WC Qualifying)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for USMNT, my preferred line-up is
Turner
Yedlin-Zimmerman-Brooks-Dest
McKennie-Adams-Busio
Pulisic
Weah-Reyna

Pepi, Aaronson, Accosta, Arreola should all see action, but that’s my favored 11. 4-3-1-2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why we shouldn’t panic.

Wales is in bad form. England is lost. And Iran isn’t too much better than us, we can any given Sunday this group.
Reyna needs bubble wrap, hot yoga 3 times per week, a sports psychologist, a massage before games and absolutely, listen carefully Berhalter…he doesn’t train hard the day before matches or warm-ups, and is now a super-substitute.

Better a sub than nothing and if you try to play him three hard games I fear you get nothing.

I would start games (5 subs)

Yedlin-Zimmerman-Dest
Sweeper. Acosta
McKennie-Adams-Musah (Tillman70-75m )
Centrally Pulisic
Weah(Reyna 55-65m)-Aaronson (Pepi 80m)

Other subs can be acasio or a defender situationally, Ferraria the other situation.

We defend well as an 11 man unit so I’m not worried about the 3 defenders. Don’t play a weak link at the back just hybrid Acosta who is one of the best shot blockers I have ever seen in the world. He gets the Bradley role behind the midfield.

This team will be stacked in 4 more years, right now they only bring hope and must turn that into belief while riding out a tough group.

It could be worse but it won’t be easy.

I truly have not seen the sum of our parts show up on the field yet, they can be much better if they stick together and play a wicked counter attack.

Once in the open field they are an offensive team…but they need to pick their spots and defend together, strike in unison together. Conserve energy with possession. Take their time. Hold back…and learn when to send all the wolves full steam ahead.

We have never had this quality. Please don’t forget Weah is your most important player…don’t laugh, nobody else besides Pulisic is as surprising in their movements. He has a nose for goals even if they have been close calls to this point..the guy presents danger and makes dangerous runs. He will attract attention others can capitalize.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robinson-Zimmerman-Dest(Yedlin)
Sweeper. Acosta(Ream)
McKennie-Adams-Musah (Tillman70-75m or Acasio )
Centrally Pulisic
Weah(Reyna 55-65m)-Aaronson (Pepi 80m)

I’m fucked for forgetting Robinson. Great young player. Leaving Yedlin as a tactical sub or to get some rest if a game gets out of hand.

My point is the US never plays their best 11. This is the only way we will start to link up and possess, there can be no weak links. You must trust every player on every side of you and it makes decisions easier.

Don’t put an extra center back on the field because he has the title you need. Zimmerman and Acosta can do all the dirty work you need. Just ask.

If you must play a center back, play Ream next to Robinson as they play together at club.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are we married to Long?

Robinson-Ream-Zimmerman-Dest
McKennie-Adams-Musah
Pulisic-Weah-Reyna

Is our best 11 in the system we have been playing.
But Aaronson can give Reyna a manageable workload or replace him if necessary.

I’ve never seen a player so emotional about a single event as Reyna. He had been crying for two years at every set-back leading up to this.

But fuck…can you imagine his bedtime stories with both parents playing for USA?

This is everything for him…I hope he finds hot yoga for multiple reasons.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little on the USWNT, as America has descended into over sexualized predators who can’t coach, manage, or own a women’s soccer team without lewd abuses of power, Europe had bettered title IX by miles, getting women’s teams across Europe run by the biggest clubs with the best facilities and rabid fans.

Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, man city…

They are running real training programs for women and paying them so they don’t have to be baristas on the side like USWNT.

Good ole America..only some of our women will finally get paid from the past because of a lawsuit.

England dominated our women today. Ran them ragged and if they had needed a goal late it would have been theirs.

The European leagues have led a half dozen nations across womens soccer far past the state of US.

It’s interesting to me that we started ahead there, but in 20 years it’s become a gap just like the men face.

It may be a long time before we see a competitive USWNT again at the highest level.