1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Jim Hendry's peers recently told ESPN that the Cubs GM is an easy person to make trades with. If the 36-47 Cubs decide to sell, Hendry's phone could be ringing non-stop, but the Cubs aren't there quite yet. Here's the latest on the North Siders:

* A few weeks ago Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News heard that the Giants could have interest in Ryan Theriot, but the Giants now say Theriot's name hasn't come up in trade talks.
* Hendry may not have committed to selling, but manager Lou Piniella thinks the Cubs will get younger this month. ''We probably will be sellers,'' Piniella told the Chicago Sun-Times.
* Piniella told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that he will finish managing this season, but won't take another managerial job afterwards. "I know that this will be my last managing job," Piniella said. "I do know that for a fact."

Not really a quote, but information nonetheless, so I put it in as a quote. Hendry doesn't like the terms "buyers" and "sellers", and apparently, any moves he makes will be made for next year's team to be better. That tells me that: Byrd won't be traded, Lilly may, but could be resigned, thus helping next year, Lee may be traded, Nady could be traded, and Gorzelanny is probably safe.

Thoughts:
1. Waldo's happy about Piniella
2. Glad Byrd should stay, based on Hendry looking to make moves that would be selling for this year, but also building for next year.
3. See, Hendry is smart (or smarter than you guys think), his idea of selling and building at the same time is what I suggested too.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a Pinella hater but he has not been good this year and I don't know why.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^maybe because the vets are underperforming and some of our aces have been well erratic?

no it must be pinella

honestly i think he had a little bit to do with our situation but you cant use him as the scapegoat here

its not his fault that a ram and lee and fukudome have not performed well

we do have some good young talent to work with however

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya i took him off

he has put up some alright numbers

but its painful when you cant get run support

the cubs seem to have trouble consistently getting more than 3 runs a game

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
They do and there offense is not bad but very inconsistent. I really don't get it like many other people but I love what I'm seeing from Marmol right now.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the average run support for the cubs isnt enough to have a winning record

i will say that much

marmol is iffy with the BB's but he is becoming a solid closer imo

has an ERA right under 2 and 16 saves so far

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep era 1.99. Marmol has not walk a runner is some time, well is his time.

gocubsgo

Liked Posts:
South Bend, but lived in Chicago for years
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a Pinella hater but he has not been good this year and I don't know why.

I like Lou, but he needs to go. I think Ryno would be good for the Cubs. Thoughts?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^ya the BBs are a little bit of a problem

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
its only 2.2 innings

but ya he had a good outing recently

however he could throw tomorrow or some other day and miss the strike zone badly

im just looking at marmol's history with BBs

i just dont think that he has improved alot on throwing in the strike zone atleast not yet

also take into consideration the team that marmol was facing...the diamondbacks

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
its only 2.2 innings

but ya he had a good outing recently

however he could throw tomorrow or some other day and miss the strike zone badly

im just looking at marmol's history with BBs

i just dont think that he has improved alot on throwing in the strike zone atleast not yet

also take into consideration the team that marmol was facing...the diamondbacks

I know it was the D'backs but he threw strikes and that does not matter what team you face. Marmol needs to take his time and he can throw strikes but he loses paitence.

gocubsgo

Liked Posts:
South Bend, but lived in Chicago for years
Ryno as the next Cubs manager can go either way.

Yeah, but that's the same with anyone else. I think he would be a perfect fit and could really get this team to play.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so if the cubs faced a team like say the red sox, who have one of the best offensives in all of baseball,would we see the exact same result if marmol threw the exact same?

i dont think so buts that jmo

diamond backs just dont have great hitters

but i do admit that marmol had a good outting

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The D'backs do have good hitters but also strike out hitters. I was saying that he might not get the K's like what he is dong now but I think he will still theow strikes.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
I didn't say that. He has not walk a batter in 2.2 innings and that is good for him like I said. At least he is better than Jenks.

I'd rather have Jenks over Marmol. Jenks get's the job done better, isn't as erratic, doesn't give you as much of a heart attack when he pitches, etc.