Offseason rumors/discussion thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But is it collusion if it just something that every team is just looking around at what's been happening with long term deals and learning from the mistakes of the past?

Good question honestly. The data supports the position of ownership but the union will go to war over this regarding team control.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think what could happen is changing minor league control.

Take a HS player. Give it a 4 year window. If he is not developing as intended leave a cut clause. If he is being stalled due to a lack of opertunity have a trade to a opertunity or minor league F/A opt. Some of these kids that are a cut under Major league talent then can go-to Japan or Korea to make money on their talent vs get vastly under paid for their time spent.

So that would to be age of 22 as a avg cut off for HS drafts. 26 for college talent. Which is fair honestly. The upwelling talent is never going away.

After that on the major league level. Sept call up should I be counted as service. They are paid as major league players so this loop hole is bull shit. The delay is bull shit. You play it counts.

That should counter this killing of the mega deal. If teams are playing for 4-6 year contracts that is fine

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Good question honestly. The data supports the position of ownership but the union will go to war over this regarding team control.

I think team control should be cut by at least a year but preferably 2.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nico top 100 was expected.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I think one of the big battles in the next CBA is going to be between the owners and getting payrolls closer together. When you have some teams spending only a third of others, there can't be true competition. Which will of course lead to the argument of revenue sharing. Fun fun fun,

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Marlins are a train wreck. Trade everything and have the league worst system still. Ass clowns running the show there.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Top 100 Prospect List. Cubs have someone at 94. Nice job Theo!!!!!!!!!

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019

03subcubswin-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Would need more details to really have an opinion but i will say this.... tampa has a crazy deep farm system. Fangraphs rated 31 cubs prospects in a fairly deep albeit not high end system. They rated 54 rays prospects.

Like anything, it would depend first upon the return and then what the Cubs could/would do with the money. I've felt from the beginning if the 2019 season doesn't go well, they'd sell off and Zo would be on the list.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That trade doesn't sit well with me. I get it if they are planning a Mulligan but after committing to Cole it implies that they are aiming to win. Trading a top 4 hitter on your roster is 100% against that.
I'm good with it...
Guy 38 yo

Might as well get some prospects for him to strengthen the system...

I'm sure trading him would mean freeing up money to add somewhere else ..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm good with it...
Guy 38 yo

Might as well get some prospects for him to strengthen the system...

I'm sure trading him would mean freeing up money to add somewhere else ..

I agree if we were talking about this in June and the Cubs were hanging around .500.

But going into the season the line up is suspect. Bryant coming off injury. Rizzo off a down year. Baez suspect on continuing that level. Schwarber suspect vs LHP. Almora a meh hitter. Happ being a incomplete talent. Heyward being a failure.

Losing a solid producer just to open some resource for pitching makes the team worse.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I agree if we were talking about this in June and the Cubs were hanging around .500.

But going into the season the line up is suspect. Bryant coming off injury. Rizzo off a down year. Baez suspect on continuing that level. Schwarber suspect vs LHP. Almora a meh hitter. Happ being a incomplete talent. Heyward being a failure.

Losing a solid producer just to open some resource for pitching makes the team worse.
Why you trade him now while he has some value coming off the season he had..
You wait til June/July and he struggles some, then their not getting shit for him

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Two in the top 100. Get new glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont need to get the abacus out to figure 30 teams, each one should have 3.

Without the quintana trade, you are looking at 4, without the injury to Alzolay maybe 5

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why you trade him now while he has some value coming off the season he had..
You wait til June/July and he struggles some, then their not getting shit for him

Because trading him is the same as giving up this year.