CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Some of you meatballs may finally get Ryan as a defensive coach.

"A source said the rumor making the rounds in league circles is that Rob Ryan, the son of Buddy Ryan, architect of the 1985 Bears defense, could be hired as the replacement for Staley."

And

"the Bears informed outside linebackers coach Brandon Staley he will not return"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...s-brandon-staley-rob-ryan-20190113-story.html

You couldn't have posted this in the Rob Ryan thread?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It was more a comment of how his Indy personnel was trash.

How was fangio defense when Smith, Willis, McDonald etc retired or flamed our? I think we overate and underrate many coordinators and underestimate the talent factor

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just read that Pagano could bring in Ed Reed as an assistant. Don’t have a problem with that at all.

Out of all the great bear defenders from the lovie era I always thought mike brown would make an excellent coach.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you meatballs may finally get Ryan as a defensive coach.

"A source said the rumor making the rounds in league circles is that Rob Ryan, the son of Buddy Ryan, architect of the 1985 Bears defense, could be hired as the replacement for Staley."

And

"the Bears informed outside linebackers coach Brandon Staley he will not return"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...s-brandon-staley-rob-ryan-20190113-story.html

I read this as a replacement for Staley Da Bear, now that I could see.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The Athletic article spends a lot of time talking about Pagano's influence on Reed as Pagano was Reed's position coach in college at Miami for 4 years and then also for the 4 years in Baltimore. It notes that Reed was an assistant DB coach with Buffalo in 2016 and then it had this line: "Reed said he would welcome an offer from the Bears." Reed mentions some ties to Chicago and really liking their defense. That's it. There is nothing in the article to indicate that the Bears have approached Reed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sportsmockery is basically a review of articles written by others who have actual access. Erik Lambert, their Bears "insider" wasn't even at training camp this year, and the rest of Bears Twitter was killing him for it.
and the reason I made this gif a while back.
giphy.gif

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, thats it?

I go looking for the start of the big cancer joke drama and this is it?

Fucking hell, some pussy bitch get mad at the internet bitches in here.

More cancer jokes. AIDS jokes, rabies jokes, plague jokes, keep 'em coming.

Fred had not been feeling well, so he went to his long time doctor.
The doctor did some tests and walked back into the room.
"Fred, I have some bad news for you, and I really don't know how to tell you. I've rerun all the tests and double checked the results. You are going to die of cancer. There is no cure for what you have. You have about 6 to 8 weeks to live."
"Well Doc, I am glad you told me straight out though. Now I can get all my personal affairs in order."
The doctor felt badly about Fred and the next day was at the gym when he heard two guys talking. "Did you hear about Fred?" "Yeah, I heard that he is dying of AIDS!"
This really upset the doctor and he rushed over to a telephone to call Fred.
"Hello Fred? Did you understand what I told you yesterday?"
"Of course Doc. I am dying of cancer and have 6 to 8 weeks to live."
"But I just heard two of your friends say you were dying of AIDS."
"Yeah Doc, I know. You see, after I am gone, I don't want anyone screwing my wife!"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If he stays true to his past style he will be a bit more aggressive than Vic, which I think the D can use. Vic obviously did a great job but I think everyone will agree that he stepped off the gas at the end of games.
This aged well.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve said that it’s the worst defense that I’ve seen the Colts have, and Mike Chappell did the work to dig up the worst defenses in the history of the Colts franchise. And in terms of yards per game allowed, the 2016 unit ranked as the second-worst in team history. The 1981 defense gave up 424.6 yards per game, and the 2016 defense was next by giving up 382.9 yards per game. To put things in perspective, that means that this year’s defense was the worst since the Colts moved to Indianapolis, at least in terms of yards per game.

Furthermore, three of the four worst defenses in Colts franchise history in terms of yards per game have come under Chuck Pagano!

So basically, the Colts’ defenses under Chuck Pagano have really stunk. But I don’t need to tell you that, because anybody watching this team play knows that. This year, this defense was horrendously bad, and while the team will surely blame some of that on injuries, that’s not the sole reason. The talent is bad, the play is bad, and the coaching is bad. That’s not a good combination. And ever since hiring a supposedly great defensive coach in Chuck Pagano in 2012, three of his five seasons have produced three of the worst four defensive seasons in Colts history in terms of yards per game.

Pagano's defenses with Colts have been really bad

Or am I too late?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like maybe a younger, unknown guy who has higher potential? I can see the appeal but I don’t think that would be the right play for this team at this time. They need Nagy focused on offensive development, and honestly his own development as a head coach. Pagano in terms of experience in theory should allow Nagy to stay focused on those two tasks while trusting Pagano with the defense. He can also be someone to lean on for advice at a hc level that even Fangio could not provide.

I think if all goes well the next dc could be that type of guy, as Nagy would be a seasoned hc by then with an offense that is humming along, with multiple players years into the system. They could then get a young dc with bold ideas and a new crop of young players naive enough to buy in and go for it.

:) way to go Nostradamus

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Someone: (Makes honest assessment on a message board where that's what you do)

People 2 years later: "FOOL!"

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone: (Makes honest assessment on a message board where that's what you do)

People 2 years later: "FOOL!"

AGH , lighten up Francis, just joking around for shits and giggles, it's a message board, it's what we do !!!