OT: Dash for the Gold

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...l-players-to-race-in-40-yard-dash-tournament/

Bunch of players competing in tourney style 40 yard dash.

Place your bets, place your bets.

Kamara and Ginn in it for Saints.

Cohen in it for Bears.
I would rather Cohen skip the 40 yard dash so close to the start of the preseason. Just look at all the combine participants that come up lame every year. If they want to do a 40 yard dash, do it during pro bowl week. That way, if anyone comes up lame, he has months to heal, not weeks.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
40? Let's see for the Bears, Cohen, E. Hall, M. Hall, Taylor Gabriel, Kerrith Whyte could all rep for the team. Heck I'd love to see that race by itself.
Didn't Tay Gab and Cohen race last year? They were always going back and forth on social media on who the fastest was

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I always wondered how NFL players perform on the 40 after years after being drafted...did underperformers get faster and adjust to NFL? Do most players slow down and average lower than draft test results? Etc.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always wondered how NFL players perform on the 40 after years after being drafted...did underperformers get faster and adjust to NFL? Do most players slow down and average lower than draft test results? Etc.
Reports were that Randy Moss ran a sub 4.3 when he was traded to the Patriots.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is cohen in it? We all know he will start running straight ahead and before the finish, run out of bounds

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
40? Let's see for the Bears, Cohen, E. Hall, M. Hall, Taylor Gabriel..
Didn't Tay Gab and Cohen race last year? They were always going back and forth on social media on who the fastest was
They talked about it; it's unclear if they ever did though. Honestly I think Gabriel smokes him in the 100 or 60, but Cohen might take him in the 40.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They talked about it; it's unclear if they ever did though. Honestly I think Gabriel smokes him in the 100 or 60, but Cohen might take him in the 40.

I think Cohen smokes him in the 20-30 yd range after that Gabriel's sprinter strides will most likely takeover.

Sprinters have like an Extra gear.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
somebody will pull a hamstring :oops:

Bort

Liked Posts:
I'd take Trae Waynes out of that group.

Also, like I said in the other thread, Mark Ingram is going to get smoked by those other guys.

Bort

Liked Posts:

They get slower. The NFL tried to start doing a veteran combine in 2015 for free agents, but it only lasted 1 year, and every single player ran a much worse 40 time than they did before the draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless they're in pads. I don't think Gabriel ever takes him with the extra weight etc.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless they're in pads. I don't think Gabriel ever takes him with the extra weight etc.
Maybe. Gabriel flashed at times last year but disappeared for long stretches. I'm not sure if it was due to injury or whatever. Speed-wise, I'd like to see more of his off-the-field speed translate to on-the-field speed. I don't know if that was due to play-calling or durability, or lack of speed with the pads on as you suggest.

Regardless, he certainly won't be the only blazing guy on the team anymore, which makes his position on the team probable, but certainly not a given.

(Edited for grammar)

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he's here this year at least. He does seem like he's becoming more of a football player than track guy.