2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don't start a thread about Favre and Packers if you don't want this topic discussed on bears message board, whether its by packer fans or not.

I didn't start the thread and packer fans are idiots to be hanging on a Bears forum. It's one thing to go on a rival's board during game week or something, but to be posting during offseason. lmao

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't start the thread and packer fans are idiots to be hanging on a Bears forum. It's one thing to go on a rival's board during game week or something, but to be posting during offseason. lmao

I have explained my reasons many times. I have been on Bears boards since 1999. Why are you here?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Lol....

drama-queen-brett-favre.jpg

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your a fucking moron. You can't deny the truth cause you don't like it. TT agreed to fly him out to GB twice to work out a deal, and he changed his mind last minute both times. No speculation involved. The third time he asked to come back, they offered him a chance to come back and compete with Rodgers for the starting spot, an offer he also declined. Your buying into Favres bullshit if you truly believe we just jettisoned him for Rodgers, he had the chance, bit he kept waffling and lost that chance. Sorry that you don't like the truth. Alot with very little?? Are you serious? Those 90s Packers teams were fucking great.

I never had the chance to see Favre when he was great, unfortunately. I only saw the washed up choker that single handedly threw away playoff games for the Packers from 2000-2007.

And yea dude, anyone with a brain can see that Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning are all superior players to Favre. There is no fucking way Favre is top 5 all time. Hell, hes not even top two in Packers history.

That right there explains a lot.
Not seeing him play when he was great pretty much disqualifies you from having a valid opinion.

The mid 90's- when Favre led the league in TD passes 3 years straight from 95-97- was all Favre.. no greatness around him.

Leading the league with td passes in 95, his top target was Robert brooks. 8 year career, zero pro bowls. The rusher was edgar bennett... 7 year career, zero pro bowls.

Leading the league in td passes in 96, His top target was antonio freeman- 1 prowbowl, all Favres doing. Top rusher- Edgar Bennett.
They won the super bowl that year, and the pro bowl talent on that team aside from favre was TE Kieth Jackson in his final year, SS Leroy Butler, And the center Frank Winters. Yeah- that is a loaded team....

Leading the league in 97- He had Freeman again, and Dorsey levens in his single pro bowl year.

You are talking out of your ass.
If you didn't see Favre taking a largely mediocre team to the playoffs year after year, then you really dont have the background to be making educated statements about the player Favre was.
In the 90's, Favre was the packers entirely.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not seeing him play when he was great pretty much disqualifies you from having a valid opinion.

The mid 90's- when Favre led the league in TD passes 3 years straight from 95-97- was all Favre.. no greatness around him.

Leading the league with td passes in 95, his top target was Robert brooks. 8 year career, zero pro bowls. The rusher was edgar bennett... 7 year career, zero pro bowls.

Leading the league in td passes in 96, His top target was antonio freeman- 1 prowbowl, all Favres doing. Top rusher- Edgar Bennett.
They won the super bowl that year, and the pro bowl talent on that team aside from favre was TE Kieth Jackson in his final year, SS Leroy Butler, And the center Frank Winters. Yeah- that is a loaded team....

Leading the league in 97- He had Freeman again, and Dorsey levens in his single pro bowl year.

If you didn't see Favre taking a largely mediocre team to the playoffs year after year, then you really dont have the background to be making educated statements about the player Favre was.

3 time MVP Favre was not the same as regular Favre. But back then and shortly after, you could argue that Favre made his receivers in the sense that Freeman and Billy Schroeder both did well with Favre and moved onto nothing. Don Beebe would be the best example. There was a game both Freeman and Brooks were out. Don Beebe had 220 yards. That's nearly half of a good season for Buffalo Bill Don Beebe.

But Favre's greatness is somewhat overblown by those MVP years, and his streak, and his personality.

That 1996 team had offensive weapons though. Rison was playing well, Freeman, Keith Jackson, Chmura, Bennett/Levens and Levens was playing great in those playoffs. It also had the best defense and the best return man.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
3 time MVP Favre was not the same as regular Favre. But back then and shortly after, you could argue that Favre made his receivers in the sense that Freeman and Billy Schroeder both did well with Favre and moved onto nothing. Don Beebe would be the best example. There was a game both Freeman and Brooks were out. Don Beebe had 220 yards. That's nearly half of a good season for Buffalo Bill Don Beebe.

But Favre's greatness is somewhat overblown by those MVP years, and his streak, and his personality.

That 1996 team had offensive weapons though. Rison was playing well, Freeman, Keith Jackson, Chmura, Bennett/Levens and Levens was playing great in those playoffs. It also had the best defense and the best return man.

I will grant you every single one of those points, I don't take issue with any of them.

Favre was the best for a select period, was pretty damn good for an extended period, and he was always ready to play. that counts for a lot.

The dependability and longevity of Favre didnt cause his greatness to be overblown.... it was a significant part of his greatness.

People in chicago should understand that point.
Walter Payton is a shining example of what longevity and dependability contributes to greatness.
Payton led the league only once in rushing, only once in touchdowns in a 12 year career.
He was never the best bruiser, he was never the quickest or flashiest runner.
But the guy was there game after game, racking up the yards and catches.
He had an unheard of amount of games played at the position, and that is a significant part of his legacy.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who didn't know Favre was that jacked. That's insane.

TheRivalry

Liked Posts:
You could say that about anything, had we not sucked for 20 years straight, would the course of history have still given us Rodgers? Probably not, so your point is moot.

Sorry dude, I don't respect whiny little cunts who scorn the entire fan base that supported him through his drug addiction and his wives bout with breast cancer. Packers fans constantly worshiped the ground he walked on and made excuses for him, choke after choke, simply for him to try his damnest to stick it to them, all because he didn't want to go to training camp.

I grew up watching Favre thinking I would one day watch him win a SB, and ride off into the sunset, but year after year after year that overrated fuck would go out of his way to completely blow a great season in the playoffs. I mean really, what other HOF QB choked away as many playoff games as Favre?

Let me guess, you actually believe Favre is a top 5 QB of all time, don't you? You seem like part of the "Don't bench a Legend." crowd.

How you can respect him after going out of his way to stick it to the Packers, because he wanted the starting job handed to him without attending training camp is beyond me. Not to mention the Packers gave him, not one, but TWO chances to fly out to GB and work out a contract after that 07 season, both of which he declined last minute, after initially accepting.

Face it, the guy was an immature, selfish, choker. I know he was the 3rd best QB are franchise has ever seen but holy fuck, he couldn't possibly care about anything outside of his massive ego.
Lighten up Francis- a massive ego goes hand in hand with being a great QB. When Favre went to the Jets I cheered him on, but when he decided to put on a purple uni I could have shared a beer with you and celebrated his inevitable cross his body,into the center of the field, sure to be intercepted pass that at one time stuck a dagger in the hearts of Packer fans……but this time he did it to the vikes!!!! How the hell could you not let that be your lasting impression of Favre's brief career in Minn? Instant Karma for Favre AND the queens !!! I had supported him right up until the OT pick he threw that cost us a trip to the SB in 08. There was nothing personal about it for me, just the realization that a veteran QB in that particular situation(OT, on that part of the field, and that particular throw in sub zero conditions) was all I needed to see to realize that a #4 had run his course in GB and that the organization had to move on. That pick clearly demonstrated that he was unwilling to accept the fact that his gunslinger mentality and/or his physical skills no longer got it done in crunch time. for 15 yrs Favre gave the Packers their identity and the guy played through some horrific injuries. He was one of the deciding factors in White's decision to come to GB and he lead us to 2 SB's and many divisional championships. If you think he should have accomplished more, fine, that's your opinion. But the guy gave GB a helluva lot more than 95% of all the NFL QB's that have ever lived.

10veitout

Liked Posts:

No talent around him in the 90s? You do realize his lone SB the Packers had the 1 D, as well as 1 O, and his Defense only allowed 19 TDs all year? Those Holmgren teams were fucking loaded. Levens probably would have done more if they didn't also have Edgar Bennet, and Chmura and Jackson duo was fierce. You have zero clue what you are talking about.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No talent around him in the 90s? You do realize his lone SB the Packers had the 1 D, as well as 1 O, and his Defense only allowed 19 TDs all year? Those Holmgren teams were fucking loaded. Levens probably would have done more if they didn't also have Edgar Bennet, and Chmura and Jackson duo was fierce. You have zero clue what you are talking about.

I don't like to agree with you aaronitout, but those were good times even if you weren't around to see them. A short period when I was as excited to see the Packer defense on the field as I was the offense.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm skimming through this thread still and amazed some are still arguin bout Favre.

If you like football as a sport and see past a jersey color, Brett Favre should be one of your fav QBs of all time. It was like watching a kid play for the absolute joy. 41 years old retiring; my god that's insane, especially the iron man punishment he received on his body. I can only imagine how it's gotta be for him waking up in the morning. Fuck I bet that's a lot of pain. Still read some parts of him being an attention whore drama queen. LOL, yeah.. Obviously. He's hangin out with Deion and Irvin, right? Dudes coaching a highschool in some hick Missispi town as offensive coordinator. LOL that's so Favre. Admire the man that he loves the spot. How can you not love that about him?

Remarkable talent, too. Watch the documentary about Favre with Billy Bob Thorton as commentary. It's awesome. Ole would appreciate me and my bros had some brews over the show and high fived n laughed at some Favre moments.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm skimming through this thread still and amazed some are still arguin bout Favre.

If you like football as a sport and see past a jersey color, Brett Favre should be one of your fav QBs of all time. It was like watching a kid play for the absolute joy. 41 years old retiring; my god that's insane, especially the iron man punishment he received on his body. I can only imagine how it's gotta be for him waking up in the morning. Fuck I bet that's a lot of pain. Still read some parts of him being an attention whore drama queen. LOL, yeah.. Obviously. He's hangin out with Deion and Irvin, right? Dudes coaching a highschool in some hick Missispi town as offensive coordinator. LOL that's so Favre. Admire the man that he loves the spot. How can you not love that about him?

Remarkable talent, too. Watch the documentary about Favre with Billy Bob Thorton as commentary. It's awesome. Ole would appreciate me and my bros had some brews over the show and high fived n laughed at some Favre moments.

I wouldn't pass on the Favre years by any means but you took the good with the bad. And while you like to refer to him as playing like a kid you seem to gloss over all of the times he was playing like a dumbass. Favre was a frustrating quarterback.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Damn.....

Farvra looks like he is in his 60s in that pic....

BEARS

10veitout

Liked Posts:

Lol he was a drama queen, its indisputable. Players that retire, ask to come back, get invited back to GB to work out a deal, change there mind last second, then ask to comeback again, to once again be accepted and then change his mind last second, and then ask to come back again, but decline last second because he doesn't want to go to training camp and earn his spot. And then go on to hold two more teams hostage with his incessant waffling.... You have to be damn near Special person to not see him as a drama queen.

Deion may have liked to showboat, but he was far less of a whiny bitch then Favre. And choker..

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol he was a drama queen, its indisputable. Players that retire, ask to come back, get invited back to GB to work out a deal, change there mind last second, then ask to comeback again, to once again be accepted and then change his mind last second, and then ask to come back again, but decline last second because he doesn't want to go to training camp and earn his spot. And then go on to hold two more teams hostage with his incessant waffling.... You have to be damn near Special person to not see him as a drama queen.

Deion may have liked to showboat, but he was far less of a whiny bitch then Favre. And choker..

He was awesome, and an all time great and you are a little bitch that has a very low football IQ and appreciation for the game.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
He was awesome, and an all time great and you are a little bitch that has a very low football IQ and appreciation for the game.

He was an all time great QB you are correct.

But he is not top 5, that is ridiculous, and he was also one of the most prominent chokers to ever play the game. Can you really not see how much of an overdramatic choker he was?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Aaronitout is right on him being a drama queen. In addition to what he mentioned, he didn't mention the waffling about retirement years before Rodgers was drafted. Or Favre allegedly talking to Matt Millen about tips to beat GB. Or his tearful press conferences. All of his family struggles. But yeah, now he's just a country boy coaching high school. Finally out of the spotlight. Yet he still shows up. I don't blame him for that, I would too. But with all of his drama you have to wonder how seriously you can take Brett Favre about anything. I think half of his awesomeness was an act the entire time. And still is. I look forward to his tearful number retirement in the near future.