bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
https://www.apnews.com/27d7520db8684cedabf9fe02abb55382

What a bum.

"The thought of Jacksonville parting ways with running back Leonard Fournette would have been unimaginable a few months ago.

It’s much more plausible now.

The Jaguars have notified Fournette that his suspension late last month voided the remaining guarantees in his four-year rookie contract, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Sunday night. The person said the Jaguars notified Fournette of the action weeks ago. Fournette could challenge the decision."

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
they could be firing a shot over his bow but Coughlin doesn't play

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Is this the type of thing Roquan fought to avoid with his contract holdout?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yep. Can't blame Roquan for holding out when BS like this happens.

Except for Leonard milking his injuries and being a giant locker room cancer. Leonard sucks. He deserves every bit of this.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Sounds like we are on the other side of the aisle on this one Dweebs.

I kind of agree with Runyan on this one, who spent 200+ games in the trenches,

"Sportsmanship is the cornerstone of the game and the League will not tolerate game-related misconduct that conveys a lack of respect for the game itself and those involved in it... Video of the incident shows that you were not a participant in the play and that you ran from your sideline to the opposite side of the field to insert yourself as an active participant in a fight. Once you entered the fight area, you struck a member of the opposing team. Your actions adversely reflected on the NFL and have no place in the game."

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's be serious here....they're not doing this bc of the fight. If he were a productive player, they wouldn't do this. The reason they're doing this is because he hasn't really been productive and they're trying to cut their losses. I just think if you're on a guaranteed contract, unless you do something crazy off the field that will require jail time, you should still get your money. Jags have buyer's remorse.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let's be serious here....they're not doing this bc of the fight. If he were a productive player, they wouldn't do this. The reason they're doing this is because he hasn't really been productive and they're trying to cut their losses. I just think if you're on a guaranteed contract, unless you do something crazy off the field that will require jail time, you should still get your money. Jags have buyer's remorse.

Except he doesn't play, misses meetings and generally is a lazy piece of shit. Fuck him

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Has anyone here ever takin something back to a store because the 'fit' was not quite right ?

There should be according to position selected in the draft some Guaranteed RISK factor Money UpFront and then after that a contract should b C YA Later for Both sides at anytime

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except he doesn't play, misses meetings and generally is a lazy piece of shit. Fuck him

I understand that...but a guaranteed contract is a guarantee. I think if you don't do your job and research a player before drafting him, you should pay for that price as well. Rookie contracts are supposed to be guarantees. If it wasn't for the suspension, they could not void that contract. What this will do, is just get more rookies to get the language that Roquan got in his contract

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That’s why players should try to have a back bone in next cba. They folded like a cheap suit in the last one. They should be pushing for more guarantees like the cousins contract. Hey it sucks for the team and fans sometimes but what’s right is right.

Problem is when they go into negotiations all they take care of is the top players in the league. Big time bending over all the other players in the league