OT : Joe Mauer PLACED ON WAIVERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
I thought this deserved it's own thread, because it's motherfucking Joe Mauer.

Source

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
The Red Sox are in a good spot to get him, but I doubt it would happen. Mauer would probably say "hell no" anyways to going to that train wreck of a team.

With Teixiera hurt, I wonder if the Yankees would try to make a deal happen. Which would suck. I like Joe Mauer, even though he's a Twinkie, but I'd hate to see him play for the Yankees. Fucking Yankees.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No on eis going to touch that contract. he's an easy clear on waivers.

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
No one should claim him. He's not worth the contract.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I do love the player though, just not at his dollars.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I LOVE THE PLAYER AND HIS DOLLARS IF IT MEANS HE WILL BE A WHITE SOX :kermit: LOVE JMau, get it done KW

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Getting Mauer would set this team way way too far back. Similar to how Rios handcuffed us in previous seasons.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in the fantasy world of mauer and the sox it would essentially mean the end of Viciedo. The only way to make this work is to have Dunn in LF, PK at 1b and Mauer to DH and than flip flop PK and Mauer.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
in the fantasy world of mauer and the sox it would essentially mean the end of Viciedo. The only way to make this work is to have Dunn in LF, PK at 1b and Mauer to DH and than flip flop PK and Mauer.
Which, with the way Vicideo plays, it wouldn't be so bad. :shifty:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And neither will any other team outside of the Twins. And the Sox wish they hadn't for Rios either.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think Mauer hits with enough power to have him at DH. I'd actually put Mauer in the OF (he's played there before and as a catcher he's theoretically a better defender) so I'd keep Dunn at DH and put Mauer in the OF somewhere.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Mauer hits with enough power to have him at DH. I'd actually put Mauer in the OF (he's played there before and as a catcher he's theoretically a better defender) so I'd keep Dunn at DH and put Mauer in the OF somewhere.

you can do that. Mauers numbers have dropped since that new ballpark with homeruns. It doesnt matter how you label a guy DH/1b whatever. The lineup would be the same regardless if he was DH or outfield so its kind of a mute point.

Status
Not open for further replies.