OT : Joe Mauer PLACED ON WAIVERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
you can do that. Mauers numbers have dropped since that new ballpark with homeruns. It doesnt matter how you label a guy DH/1b whatever. The lineup would be the same regardless if he was DH or outfield so its kind of a mute point.

I think the defensive assignment is important because you do want to save runs, too.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the defensive assignment is important because you do want to save runs, too.

without a doubt. dunn in LF would be scary as fuck. Im not sure how Mauer would do everyday.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
without a doubt. dunn in LF would be scary as fuck. Im not sure how Mauer would do everyday.

Mauer's only had one game in the OF and that was in RF. He didn't make an error but that was only one game :lol: Can AJ play OF or 3B?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Twins routinely play Ryan Doumit (a catcher) in RF and he might have also stood at 3B before. I know Koyie Hill stood at 3B for the Cubs here and there too :lol:

It's not unreasonable, just a matter of whether the catcher and his team think he can do it.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
The Twins routinely play Ryan Doumit (a catcher) in RF and he might have also stood at 3B before. I know Koyie Hill stood at 3B for the Cubs here and there too :lol:

It's not unreasonable, just a matter of whether the catcher and his team think he can do it.
Well, he's never played anything but catcher at a professional level, so who knows.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
1. De Aza (CF)
2. Youkilis (3B)
3. Adam Dunn (DH)
4. Paul Konerko (1B)
5. Alex Rios (RF)
6. AJ Pierzynski (C)
7. Joe Mauer (LF)
8. Alexei Rameriz (SS)
9. Gordon Beckham (2B)

That's a pretty nice lineup. ;)

Interchangeable roles would be Pierzynski can play Catcher or DH. Joe Mauer could play OF, 1B, C, DH. Dunn can play LF (kind of), 1B, DH. Paulie can play 1B and DH. A lot of flexibility there. :D

(If only Beckham would pick it up a bit. siiiiiiigh)

Last edited:

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
hes cleared waivers. looks like no one is dumb enough to take on his salary
I don't think that surprised anybody. Apparently the Dodgers have an endless supply of money. They should pick him up "just cuz".

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If he's going anywhere it'd be the Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.