Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Lakers are now in tank mode, LeBron sitting out tonight. This is obviously a big offseason for them.. What do you see happening next?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They'll win the #1 pick, trade it for AD. Sign Leonard. Win championship.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They'll miraculously find a way to acquire some other stud (AD for example) and suddenly become relevant overnight

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
LA will realize the only reason LeBron went out there was so his son could play on the cool high school team with Scottie Pippens son and be closer to his production company.

The Lebron everyone knew, willing a team to the playoffs and beyond has left the building. Why do people think another year older is going to bring him back to what he was?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LA will realize the only reason LeBron went out there was so his son could play on the cool high school team with Scottie Pippens son and be closer to his production company.

The Lebron everyone knew, willing a team to the playoffs and beyond has left the building. Why do people think another year older is going to bring him back to what he was?

I don’t think anyone thinks another year will make LeBron personally better. It’s when they add a max player or two, then you’ll see them competing for a title. LeBron is still the best player in the league

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure they're going to get an AD, Durant, Klay or Kawhi. I think they're best chance is going for AD, but if the Celtics are willing to give up Tatum for him then it's over. I think Klay stays in GS, Durant stays or goes to the Knicks and Kawhi goes to the Clippers unless Toronto makes the finals. I could see Demarcus going to the Lakers, but that's not really going to do anything for them.

It's funny because I see quite a few people saying that the reason the Lakers are missing the playoffs is because LeBron got hurt. In the games he's actually played, they have a losing record.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Lebron says this is not what we signed up for (missing the playoffs). Umm, this is exactly what Lebron signed up for. He has one foot out the NBA door worrying more about movies, TV, etc. That's the only reason he signed with the Lakers in the first place. Lebron is gonna be 35. Even though the Lakers can afford another max contract, who wants to go there to play with a 35+ old Lebron James? Timing is all wrong for the Lakers. Magic Johnson is really not cut out for managing a team.

Having said that, Luke Walton is gonna get fired. Walton wouldn't be a bad coach for the young Bulls.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Karma might be real?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I have no doubt the Lakers will be able to improve their roster this offseason. But I wonder if any superstars will be hesitant to sign with the Lakers. It seems that if you win with Lebron, he gets all the credit. But if you lose with him, his "supporting cast" gets the blame.