OT: McNabb "I am a HOF'er"

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since we are considering passer ratings.....McNabb and Manning have nearly an identical passer rating for their careers yet Manning accomplished a lot more and had an 87 passer rating in the playoffs...McNabbed had an 80 passer rating in the playoffs....

Manning elevated his team and McNabb caused problems for his team.
Eli elevated his team to a 116-114 record? GTFO

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stafford has a better rating than Elisha, more yards per game, more TDs per game, much higher completion %, lower int %...

I see we've gone the the name changing tactic.

And Stafford has no Superbowls nor is in the top ten for the career.....

I stress the last part there since the Hall of Fame considers a person's career....

I still don't know why Stafford is part of this discussion when I just told you I don't consider Stafford a HoF QB even with his stats.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eli elevated his team to a 116-114 record? GTFO

He elevated his team to 2 Superbowls AND is in the top ten for yards and TDs.....I've made myself pretty clear on the correlation of these things when considering the HoF and how the HoF works.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may not agree with how the HoF chooses its players but I think that is really the crux of the discussion.

Not really whether Manning will get in. Manning will get in.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see we've gone the the name changing tactic.

And Stafford has no Superbowls nor is in the top ten for the career.....

I stress the last part there since the Hall of Fame considers a person's career....

I still don't know why Stafford is part of this discussion when I just told you I don't consider Stafford a HoF QB even with his stats.....
Name changing? That's his fucking name! People considering Eli only do so cause of the SB wins. If that be the sole criteria, which it obviously is, Joe Flacco should go to the HOF as his part of his team' SB win was far greater during his epic playoff play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Name changing? That's his fucking name! People considering Eli only do so cause of the SB wins. If that be the sole criteria, which it obviously is, Joe Flacco should go to the HOF as his part of his team' SB win was far greater during his epic playoff play.

lol I didn't know that was his whole name....

I really don't know how to explain this any better....Manning is in the top ten of Yards and TDs all time AND has 2 Superbowls....

Flacco is not an all time top ten passer

How much clearer do I need to be?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He elevated his team to 2 Superbowls AND is in the top ten for yards and TDs.....I've made myself pretty clear on the correlation of these things when considering the HoF and how the HoF works.
My point is he didn't elevate them. They elevated him and took him along for the ride. He's had many mediocre years and even abysmal years. NOT HOF worthy.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Makes plenty sense. Eli contributed to more shit seasons for his team. McNabb made his a perrenial playoff favorite.

LOL at this terminology. Terrible home losses to Brad Johnson's Tampa team and Jake Delhomme's Carolina team as playoff favorites.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point is he didn't elevate them. They elevated him and took him along for the ride. He's had many mediocre years and even abysmal years. NOT HOF worthy.

I quoted the playoff passer rating stats that contradict what you are saying.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I quoted the playoff passer rating stats that contradict what you are saying.
Playoff passing is not the route to go to defend ELI. He's only won playoff games in 2 of his 15 years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playoff passing is not the route to go to defend ELI. He's only won playoff games in 2 of his 15 years.

I am not only using playoff games to defende Manning...it was claimed that McNabb kept his team a perennial playoff team.....basically only 1 more year than Manning.....

Manning actually won 2 Superbowls....McNabb 0...unless you think playoff appearances are somehow more important than Superbowl victories, I don't know where your line of thinking is going.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not only using playoff games to defende Manning...it was claimed that McNabb kept his team a perennial playoff team.....basically only 1 more year than Manning.....

Manning actually won 2 Superbowls....McNabb 0...unless you think playoff appearances are somehow more important than Superbowl victories, I don't know where your line of thinking is going.
You are being ridiculous. 2 out of 15 years is not elevating your team. He lucked into 2 SB wins. Went along for the ride. Defense won. Not Eli

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are being ridiculous. 2 out of 15 years is not elevating your team. He lucked into 2 SB wins. Went along for the ride. Defense won. Not Eli

Again, I have shown you how Manning outperformed McNabb because of the all important passer rating in the playoffs.

McNabb did not have the playoff warrior spirit...Manning did....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong! The claim was perennial playoff FAVORITE, as if losing home games in the playoffs is somehow more 'gallant' than winning Super Bowls.

Trubisky should be headed for Hall at some point then.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, I have shown you how Manning outperformed McNabb because of the all important passer rating in the playoffs.

McNabb did not have the playoff warrior spirit...Manning did....
Pouty Elisha never had the warrior spirit either. 13 seasons of fail out of 15 and you want to claim he had that meatball's "clutch" gene. He was always a bitch.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pouty Elisha never had the warrior spirit either. 13 seasons of fail out of 15 and you want to claim he had that meatball's "clutch" gene. He was always a bitch.

At what point did I say clutch?

I quoted Super Bowl victories and passer rating in the playoffs.

I didn’t bring up passer rating. Someone else did to differentiate Manning’s and McNabbs careers.