OT: McNabb "I am a HOF'er"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Donovan shouldn't be in the HOF just bc hes black, Run n Shoot. Come on now.

Nope ( 4get race).....I just believe in looking at things from all angles. Here's what I believe in the post below.........

I think you have to include McNabb in the conversation when looking at all other mitigating factors and comparing with other HOF QBs. And if Eli's in the convo, damn near everyone should be. Rings are a team thing and easier to get all pro when you have other all pros playing around you. Needs to be a more level playing field. Guys in the HOF like Griese, Bradshaw, Stabler, Aikman etc were surrounded by HOF receivers, backs, lineman and even HCs.

He should be in the HOF discussion / conversation. The guy consistently got into the playoffs with very questionable talent surrounding him ( for most of his career). He had one HOF wr ( T.O.) and got into the SB.

Look....I don't always agree with Spartan, BUT, when he's in his "Dr. Jekyll" mode....he 's spot on with most comments & analysis.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He should be in the HOF discussion / conversation. The guy consistently got into the playoffs with very questionable talent surrounding him ( for most of his career). He had one HOF wr ( T.O.) and got into the SB.

So, consistently getting into the playoffs with questionable talent is a criterion for a QB making the HOF? Which current QB in the HOF got in due to this criterion? Is McNabb's resume similar to other HOF QBs? Is McNabb's resume stronger than other QBs who aren't in the HOF, like Ken Anderson, Tommy Thompson, Eli Manning?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine arguing about simply "being in the discussion" but not actually being in the hall of fame.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stated this before but I think people here don't seem to like how people get into the Hall. QBs and multiple Superbowl wins + being in the top ten all time of yards and TDs is basically a guaranteed combination to the HoF.

You may not like how people are selected to the Hall and that is probably what is really being debated here.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You may not like how people are selected to the Hall and that is probably what is really being debated here.

I thought we were debating about how effective Spartan's pre-game Super Bowl speech would be..."Guys, don't worry about this. Its just another playoff game."

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought we were debating about how effective Spartan's pre-game Super Bowl speech would be..."Guys, don't worry about this. Its just another playoff game."

I'm imagining the scene in Hoosiers where Norman Dale has the players measure the rim to the floor......Sparty is measuring the goal post height instead.....very inspiring.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm imagining the scene in Hoosiers where Norman Dale has the players measure the rim to the floor......Sparty is measuring the goal post height instead.....very inspiring.

I was thinking of the same analogy. Run-and-Shoot celebrating in the hospital while he tries to overcome his alcoholism, too.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking of the same analogy. Run-and-Shoot celebrating in the hospital while he tries to overcome his alcoholism, too.

I think Dennis Hooper should play Run and Shoot in the CCS movie......I smell a new thread.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You forgot the part about the warrior spirit. That's actually the most important point of the game--not the score mind you but if you have a warrior spirit

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You forgot the part about the warrior spirit. That's actually the most important point of the game--not the score mind you but if you have a warrior spirit

You gotta save something for the halftime pep talk, though. I figured "warrior spirit" would be more appropriate at that moment, like when God speaks to the Hoosiers player that is the pastor's son.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You gotta save something for the halftime pep talk, though. I figured "warrior spirit" would be more appropriate at that moment, like when God speaks to the Hoosiers player that is the pastor's son.
I was thinking more like Tom Hanks in A league of their own.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not exaggerating, but I think Dennis Hopper could provide better Donovan McNabb-related takes.
Who puked more? Dennis when he had cancer or Donovan in the super Bowl?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not exaggerating, but I think Dennis Hopper could provide better Donovan McNabb-related takes.

He already did.... did you know that if is the middle word in life

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stated this before but I think people here don't seem to like how people get into the Hall. QBs and multiple Superbowl wins + being in the top ten all time of yards and TDs is basically a guaranteed combination to the HoF.

Elevating Eli for the 2 SB years when he played like crap much the rest of the year just seems like a great reach. The Giants '07 team definitely wasn't about Eli who had a lowly rating of 73. It was much more about their defense, specifically pass rush (best in the league), that allowed the fewest points scored per game in the playoffs. The Giants D did more of the same in the 2011 post season, again allowing the fewest points scored among all playoff teams. Meatballs don't seem to be able to realize how much easier it is to win games when you're holding the opponents to a low score. They simply take the opportunity to elevate the QB as if scoring 17 or 21 points was a Herculean effort only that QB led offense could accomplish.

When considering McNabb's HOF worthiness, you'd have to call on the early part of his career in which he led the Eagles to 5 consecutive playoff runs, the last 4 going to the conference championships and the last culminating in their SB appearance against those same Patriots. His play was greatly elevated in the 1 full year he had a good weapon in Owens. In those other playoff years there was not much talent around him at all so you'd have to give him more credit for the Eagles making it as far as they did. True, the Eagles missed the playoffs with him for the next 4 of his last 5 seasons with them but they maintained a winning record which is more than can be said about all the Giants failed years with Eli and the Giants have accomplished fuck all with Eli all over the past 7 seasons.

In my own opinion, McNabb does not belong in the HOF but when you say Eli is in the conversation while he is not I have to raise the bullshit flag. Also in looking at other QBs already in the HOF, the bar seems lower and more attainable. Forget Joe Namath. He's not there cause he was a consistently great QB. He's there cause he was a pioneer and big celebrity. What about others who seemed much more average even if blessed by a ton of talent surrounding them? What about Bob Griese? Were the Dolphins about him or much more about Larry Csonka and company in the backfield and a stifling defense led by HOFer Nick Buoniconti? Jim Kelly, like McNabb, led his team to many consecutive deep playoff runs. Only he was surrounded by much more talent with fellow HOFers Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith. Does Terry Bradshaw accomplish what he did without those 2 HOF WRs in Swann and Stallworth and the great Franco Harris and the Steel Curtain D that boasted many Hall of Famers? Stabler had Biletnikoff, Casper and legend John Madden calling the show. Fouts had Joiner and Winslow. Aikman had Irvin, Smith and a damn good D.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elevating Eli for the 2 SB years when he played like crap much the rest of the year just seems like a great reach. The Giants '07 team definitely wasn't about Eli who had a lowly rating of 73. It was much more about their defense, specifically pass rush (best in the league), that allowed the fewest points scored per game in the playoffs. The Giants D did more of the same in the 2011 post season, again allowing the fewest points scored among all playoff teams. Meatballs don't seem to be able to realize how much easier it is to win games when you're holding the opponents to a low score. They simply take the opportunity to elevate the QB as if scoring 17 or 21 points was a Herculean effort only that QB led offense could accomplish.

When considering McNabb's HOF worthiness, you'd have to call on the early part of his career in which he led the Eagles to 5 consecutive playoff runs, the last 4 going to the conference championships and the last culminating in their SB appearance against those same Patriots. His play was greatly elevated in the 1 full year he had a good weapon in Owens. In those other playoff years there was not much talent around him at all so you'd have to give him more credit for the Eagles making it as far as they did. True, the Eagles missed the playoffs with him for the next 4 of his last 5 seasons with them but they maintained a winning record which is more than can be said about all the Giants failed years with Eli and the Giants have accomplished fuck all with Eli all over the past 7 seasons.

In my own opinion, McNabb does not belong in the HOF but when you say Eli is in the conversation while he is not I have to raise the bullshit flag. Also in looking at other QBs already in the HOF, the bar seems lower and more attainable. Forget Joe Namath. He's not there cause he was a consistently great QB. He's there cause he was a pioneer and big celebrity. What about others who seemed much more average even if blessed by a ton of talent surrounding them? What about Bob Griese? Were the Dolphins about him or much more about Larry Csonka and company in the backfield and a stifling defense led by HOFer Nick Buoniconti? Jim Kelly, like McNabb, led his team to many consecutive deep playoff runs. Only he was surrounded by much more talent with fellow HOFers Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith. Does Terry Bradshaw accomplish what he did without those 2 HOF WRs in Swann and Stallworth and the great Franco Harris and the Steel Curtain D that boasted many Hall of Famers? Stabler had Biletnikoff, Casper and legend John Madden calling the show. Fouts had Joiner and Winslow. Aikman had Irvin, Smith and a damn good D.

I posted an article where 11 Hall of Fame players yes he should be there and 2 said lets wait and see...

That puts Eli in the conversation, regardless of whether I think he will get in or not.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
In my own opinion, McNabb does not belong in the HOF but when you say Eli is in the conversation while he is not I have to raise the bullshit flag.

I see that you put a lot of effort into your posting, but this about sums up all the nonsense. A lot of great QBs accomplished a lot of great things with great teammates...McNabb didn't really accomplish anything other than some playoff appearances and pro bowl alternate selections.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I posted an article where 11 Hall of Fame players yes he should be there and 2 said lets wait and see...
Yeah, I don't give a fuck about that article. And opinions are still just opinions no matter who they come from. They're no less likely to have their opinions swayed by those 2 rather low scoring SB wins and Elisha's last name than anyone else is.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't give a fuck about that article. And opinions are still just opinions no matter who they come from. They're no less likely to have their opinions swayed by those 2 rather low scoring SB wins and Elisha's last name than anyone else is.

Whether you give a fuck is irrelevant.....its the voters and the players that could vote if it comes to it.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
They're no less likely to have their opinions swayed by those 2 rather low scoring SB wins

LOL at this. Hickory beat South Bend 42-40, and they still made a fucking movie about it!!!

What's the matter with you guys?? WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU??!!!