OT: McNabb "I am a HOF'er"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why does that even matter? To simply be "in the discussion.". You're either in the HOF or not, end of discussion

It matters because......

You started this thread based on a O.T. "discussion premises" McNabb "I am a HOF'er" ....right?

Go back and click this>>>#1

You asked for "thoughts" in post #1 .....now you're saying "HOF or not, end of discussion". And / or no "thoughts".
:confused:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You started this thread based on a O.T. "discussion premises" McNabb "I am a HOF'er" ....right?

Go back and click this>>>#1

You asked for "thoughts" in post #1 .....now you're saying "HOF or not, end of discussion". And / or no "thoughts".
:confused:
I find it funny that you think him being in the discussion is a hill to die on.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I find it funny that you think him being in the discussion is a hill to die on.

Nope .....discussion is not a "hill to die on." Discussion is aperpos for the thread.

LOL....well whats funny is u ask us to take a drive in the proverbial car of discussion & thoughts . Now you're swerving the 'car around' with idioms about a hill to die on.

Most things start with discussion (i.e. HOF thoughts ) which is what u asked of us.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
LOL....well under the "skills section" of the "resume",

I'm not understanding this at all. What do you mean by "skills section"? Is there like a cone drill or a shuttle run that guys have to do to get into the Hall of Fame?

There are guys like Eli Manning and Devin Hester who I don't think should be in the HOF, but they are in the discussion because there are things on their resume that could, at the very least, be argued as HOF worthy. I don't think Warren Moon should have gotten into the HOF, but he was significantly better than McNabb as a QB.

McNabb isn't in the HOF conversation because there is nothing on his resume worth discussing. Is the HOF creating a new "pro bowl alternate" wing? Is there a 'losing dreadfully at home in the postseason' exhibit?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nope .....discussion is not a "hill to die on." Discussion is aperpro for the thread.

LOL....well whats funny is u ask us to take a drive in the proverbial car of discussion & thoughts . Now you're swerving the 'car around' with idioms about a hill to die on.

Most things start with discussion (i.e. HOF thoughts ) which is what u asked of us.
Consensus came up as a solid "no". Then you continue to say "well maybe we should talk about it more.".

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We had a similar discussion in the secret CCS Staff Forum regarding Capt Sug's reinstatement.

With the way Sug stuck up for Patricia, I figured that was NcNooget. Could be wrong though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Consensus came up as a solid "no". Then you continue to say "well maybe we should talk about it more.".
Things become more discussable when you eliminate all the lazy minds that lack the ability to put things in perspective.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Things become more discussable when you eliminate all the lazy minds that lack the ability to put things in perspective.

Only a lazy mind could think that Donovan McNabb belongs in the HOF because Todd Pinkston was one of his WRs.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only a lazy mind could think that Donovan McNabb belongs in the HOF because Todd Pinkston was one of his WRs.
Quite the opposite. More impressive when one does better with lesser talent. The more integral the player was to the team, the more impressive he appears.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Quite the opposite. More impressive when one does better with lesser talent. The more integral the player was to the team, the more impressive he appears.

Which HOF QB did McNabb "do better" than? Whose accomplishments did McNabb surpass while having lesser talent?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I also think Phillip Rivers gets in.

So that is Eli, Phillip and a bunch of others

and not Donovan Mcnabb let the record state.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also think Phillip Rivers gets in.

So that is Eli, Phillip and a bunch of others

and not Donovan Mcnabb let the record state.
Anybody who's watched football throughout the brothers Manning tenure could see Eli was the runt of that litter and is simply nowhere near the same level as his bro.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Anybody who's watched football throughout the brothers Manning tenure could see Eli was the runt of that litter and is simply nowhere near the same level as his bro.

I agree. Both are Hall of Famers though so not sure what you are arguing here.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was that your "McNabb accomplished more than Bradshaw/Griese/Stabler" posting? If so, lets not bother revisiting that.
Threw Kelly in there too. What made them better other than the talent they were surrounded by?