2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nope, not even close. Stafford isn’t even Top 20 in either category.
You better do more homework and see what pace he is on for those stats.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would say those 4 have to run more cause they lack passing skills. McNabb's 40 time, coming out of college, was faster than all but Vick. In his first 2 years, Trubisky has run for less yardage than McNabb did in his first 2 so your definition of mobile seems backasswards.
McNabb was definitely mobile but in his 1st full year starting, he had 48 sacks. In the 14 games Mitch played he had 24. I think that how often he ate sacks has folks confused about his legs. It was always more about his head than his physical ability. He was certainly better than Couch, picked before him or McNown that we took but HOF? Nah.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those playing at home:

Player A is Alex Smith
34,068 yards
193 TDs
101 INTs
62 percent completion pct

Player B is Randall Cunningham
29,997 yards
207 TDs
134 INTs
57 percent completion pct

Player C is Donovan McNabb
37,276 yards
234 TDs
117 INTs
59 percent completion pct

Player D is Jay Cutler
35,133 yards
227 TDs
160 INTs
62 percent completion pct

Player E is Vinny Testaverde
275 TDs
267 INTs
57 percent completion pct

How about this guy:

yards: 55,981
TD: 360
INT:239
Comp %: 60.3

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here are the QB's during McNabb's era with over 150 games played. If he gets in with no SB wins, then it seems, you have to consider Palmer, Romo, Bledsoe, Collins, McNair. Talk about watering it down with lifetime achievement awards. My biggest memory of McNabb is him puking in the SB from being so out of shape. Nothing says HOF like being physically unprepared for the biggest game of your life.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You better do more homework and see what pace he is on for those stats.

He’s literally 23,000 yards short of being in the top 5, lol. Ain’t gonna happen.

Rivers is already in the top 8 and rising, and is literally 17,000 yards ahead of Stafford. So any comparisons between the two are premature at best and ridiculous at worst.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I can say is McNabb played most of his career without decent wr's and was still very productive. Many of the other Qb's who made the HOF had excellent talent around them.
------------

McNabb is a Chicago guy, not that it has a bearing on the hall.
A fact it would be easier to accept if McNabb would let others point it out. I cringe every single time this dude throws more people under the bus. He can't even go back to Philly training camp anymore, players are done with his two faced bullshit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may have a point. I've never been a fan but there's lesser QBs with worse numbers in the Hall. He was fairly durable for a mobile QB and had a lot of wins...a lot of playoff games... a lot of Conference Championship shots. ...very often close but never quite enough. Kinda like Jim Kelly...... who's in the HOF.

If I were to enter a debate on the subject, I could take either side and give an equally good argument either way.

It does bare a conversation to discuss if he belong in the "black QB HoF"?

McNabb is part of a community that did have to overcome obstacles and bias and professional challenges at his position. He did so better than his peers and is on a short list of black QB's that made it to a superbowl.

Should Michael Vick get in based on comparison to Gael Sayers, in addition to facing the challenge McNabb faced?

Gael Sayers was the most exciting player in the game for several years.
Michael Vick was the most exciting player in the game for several years.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I see some ppl. questioning McNabb smarts.

I don't know how some ppl. define a Qb's smarts, but for me it's not having a lotta' turnovers (i.e. not throwing INTS.) McNabb had 234TD's- INTS. 117 over his career. At one point he was the all-time leader in Td to INT. ratio

So over his career he was smart enuff not to accumulate a lotta' picks. He averaged roughly 10 picks against 21 Td's/a season

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eli didn't win both of his SB's before Peyton won one. It went Peyton-Eli-Eli-Peyton.
Spartan, I think you misrepresented that.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Spartan said:

He may have a point. I've never been a fan but there's lesser QBs with worse numbers in the Hall. He was fairly durable for a mobile QB and had a lot of wins...a lot of playoff games... a lot of Conference Championship shots. ...very often close but never quite enough. Kinda like Jim Kelly...... who's in the HOF.

McNabb is part of a community that did have to overcome obstacles and bias and professional challenges at his position. He did so better than his peers and is on a short list of black QB's that made it to a superbowl.

Should Michael Vick get in based on comparison to Gael Sayers, in addition to facing the challenge McNabb faced?

You were responding to Spartan.....but I don't see where the racial part comes into play ( as it relates to HOF).
--------------------

run and shoot said:

One thing I can say is McNabb played most of his career without decent wr's and was still very productive. Many of the other Qb's who made the HOF had excellent talent around them.
------------

A fact it would be easier to accept if McNabb would let others point it out. I cringe every single time this dude throws more people under the bus. He can't even go back to Philly training camp anymore, players are done with his two faced bullshit.

This is the first I've heard of McNabb not being able to "go back to Philly". Specifically, what happen?

BTW....no I would not have mentioned Aikman's name

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You were responding to Spartan.....but I don't see where the racial part comes into play ( as it relates to HOF).
--------------------

run and shoot said:

------------

This is the first I've heard of McNabb not being able to "go back to Philly". Specifically, what happen?

BTW....no I would not have mentioned Aikman's name

After the players who actually won superbowls got their own clout and did more than McNabb ever did they basically said they were sick of the way he would come be nice to them in training camp and then do his media job and throw them under the bus. Pent-up frustration about that over the years came out when he spoke on Carson Wentz.

Lane Johnson defends Wentz tells the full story

Calls him a snake here

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
After the players who actually won superbowls got their own clout and did more than McNabb ever did they basically said they were sick of the way he would come be nice to them in training camp and then do his media job and throw them under the bus. Pent-up frustration about that over the years came out when he spoke on Carson Wentz.

Lane Johnson defends Wentz tells the full story

Calls him a snake here

Thanks for the articles
I can see both sides (i.e. the diplomacy factor when answering a question). Also.... Keep in mind with radio, it's all about ratings.
------------

run and shoot said:

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me, it's pretty easy in saying that McNabb isn't a HOF'er.

He was a good but not great QB. HOF is for the best of the best.

McNabb was never named to the first or second all-pro team, never won a championship, missed two seasons worth of games due to injuries, retired early for a QB (34), and he was rarely ranked near the top statistically compared to his peers when he played. If you look at TD passes, the highest he ranked in a single season was #3 when he threw for 31 TDs. In no other season did he rank higher than #7, and only ranked in the top 10 four times in his career.

The highest he ranked in a single season for passing yardage was #7, and only cracked the top 10 twice.

So even when compared to his peers, he was possibly above average.

If Aikman didn't have three rings, he wouldn't be in the HOF either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see some ppl. questioning McNabb smarts.

I don't know how some ppl. define a Qb's smarts, but for me it's not having a lotta' turnovers (i.e. not throwing INTS.) McNabb had 234TD's- INTS. 117 over his career. At one point he was the all-time leader in Td to INT. ratio

So over his career he was smart enuff not to accumulate a lotta' picks. He averaged roughly 10 picks against 21 Td's/a season
Helps to have the top receiving RB to keep ints in check.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Well, it's 100% appropriate to have exhibits discussing the legacy of racism in the game regarding black QBs. While certain stereotypes remain, the league has overcome a lot and that's going to be a story that will continuously need updating. McNabb, McMair, and Vick are part of a larger story that deserves recognition.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, it's 100% appropriate to have exhibits discussing the legacy of racism in the game regarding black QBs. While certain stereotypes remain, the league has overcome a lot and that's going to be a story that will continuously need updating. Mc Nabb, McMair, and Vick are part of a larger story that deserves recognition.

All good points, but how does this tie back into whether or not McNabb is a HOF Qb?