Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
After recalling that he led Philly to four consecutive NFCC games (three of which the only receiver with remembering was the underwhelming Freddie Mitchell), I went digging around for some other things that were noteworthy for McNabb. I had no idea that he was the first QB to toss 30+ TD with fewer than ten interceptions.

Maybe he doesn't get enshrined, but I think his career deserves to be recognized in the Hall for more than just losing to Tom Brady in the Superbowl.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Huh? Im just calmly discussing the issue. Who's arguing?
Well I'm not going to argue what argue means but it's similar to disagreeing on a common point. Don't think calm or excited has much to do with it. In this case we are in agreement.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But Aikman is only in because he was a winner on the big stage. Aikman doesn't make it with his career numbers without those SB wins. Boomer Esiason, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer and Jim Everett all have better numbers than Aikman, do any of these guys even get comp tickets to the HOF? His argument is very weak.
That is why I said he may make it as a senior member. Since there are 2 (I think) senior members eligible every year, there will have been 80 senior members that have already gone in. Perhaps some of the QBs above will already be in the HOF as senior members, opening up the possibility of him making it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That is why I said he may make it as a senior member. Since there are 2 (I think) senior members eligible every year, there will have been 80 senior members that have already gone in. Perhaps some of the QBs above will already be in the HOF as senior members, opening up the possibility of him making it.
I guess. But he is asking the HOF to become little more than a 10+yr participation trophy, if you make him the standard.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I guess. But he is asking the HOF to become little more than a 10+yr participation trophy, if you make him the standard.
The HoF shouldn't be purely about men who statistically dominated for a career. Individual accomplishments and stories that are impressive in their own time deserve recognition. As the first QB to put up 30+ TDs and single digit interceptions, that's worth noting in some capacity when that is now considered the bar for a great season.

He doesn't a bronze bust to be in the HoF any more than Hester does. They had notable accomplishments that are worthy of being remembered for later generations. Give him a ten minute video on his 2004 season for fans with a few pieces of memorabilia.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Aikman was cut short due to concussions if I recall as well as having the most prolific running back in league history. Both will nerf career numbers a bit. The had "Moose" and played from a power-I formation.

The irony of McNabb singling out Aikman is that Troy is among the very smartest QB's to ever play the game, while McNabb is remembered for his intellectual shortcomings that prevented the hardware he believes would legitimize him.

One is known as a great teammate and leader. The other as stand-offish at best, back stabbing at worst.

Jim Kelly and Troy Aikman were the smartest QB's I saw growing up...they were machines.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Player A:
34,068 yards
193 TDs
101 INTs
62 percent completion pct

Player B:
29,997 yards
207 TDs
134 INTs
57 percent completion pct

Player C:
37,276 yards
234 TDs
117 INTs
59 percent completion pct

Player D:
35,133 yards
227 TDs
160 INTs

Player E:
275 TDs
267 INTs

Are these Hall of Fame numbers? Which ones? Who’s who? Which one is McNabb?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If the bar is having better numbers than Aikman then we better get used to saying Hall of Fame Quarterback Jay Cutler

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Based on stats - sure. He did well for a long time.

Based on personality - absolutely not. Complete self centered douchebag.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Can you tell the story of the NFL without Donovan Mcnabb? I think so.

The thing he is probably most remembered for is his beef with TO.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Player A:
34,068 yards
193 TDs
101 INTs

Player B:
29,997 yards
207 TDs
134 INTs

Player C:
37,276 yards
234 TDs
117 INTs

Player D:
35,133 yards
227 TDs
160 INTs

Player E:
275 TDs
267 INTs

Are these Hall of Fame numbers? Which ones? Who’s who? Which one is McNabb?

For those playing at home:

Player A is Alex Smith
34,068 yards
193 TDs
101 INTs

Player B is Randall Cunningham
29,997 yards
207 TDs
134 INTs

Player C is Donovan McNabb
37,276 yards
234 TDs
117 INTs

Player D is Jay Cutler
35,133 yards
227 TDs
160 INTs

Player E is Vinny Testaverde
275 TDs
267 INTs

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I don't think of McNabb as a HOF QB, but he will eventually get in. There aren't many worthy QBs waiting to be voted in. Manning and probably Romo will get in, but then all the remaining future HOF QBs won't retire (Brady, Big Ben, Brees, probably Rivers)..

I think McNabb will get his turn by default after Manning is inducted and while the HOF currently playing are waiting their 5 years...somewhere between 2023-2028

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
One thing I can say is McNabb played most of his career without decent wr's and was still very productive. Many of the other Qb's who made the HOF had excellent talent around them.
------------

McNabb is a Chicago guy, not that it has a bearing on the hall.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may have a point. I've never been a fan but there's lesser QBs with worse numbers in the Hall. He was fairly durable for a mobile QB and had a lot of wins...a lot of playoff games... a lot of Conference Championship shots. ...very often close but never quite enough. Kinda like Jim Kelly...... who's in the HOF.

If I were to enter a debate on the subject, I could take either side and give an equally good argument either way.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No, no he's not

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He may have a point. I've never been a fan but there's lesser QBs with worse numbers in the Hall. He was fairly durable for a mobile QB and had a lot of wins...a lot of playoff games... a lot of Conference Championship shots. ...very often close but never quite enough. Kinda like Jim Kelly...... who's in the HOF.

If I were to enter a debate on the subject, I could take either side and give an equally good argument either way.
Mcnabb wasnt a mobile QB and most QB's under Reid have "wins" but not the big one

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has some points when comparing him to Aikman. I believe that he will make it but as a senior member 40 years down the line. The longer he doesn't make it, the more people will compare him to current QBs, not the Aikmans of the world, and he will not look so impressive.

Those 37,276 yards and 234 touchdowns in 13 years won't look so impressive if Mahomes passes them in 7 years as a starter.

yes, First ballot probably not. One of the those players good enough to win a Super Bowl but never got it.