Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If used as a just a KR. It's a horrible waste of money, as he has had 19 and 23 KR's over the last 2 yrs. I imagine that his 21 rec and 42 rushes is a much bigger reason behind this signing.

4thand26

Liked Posts:
Right? I mean it's not like he has the 2nd highest kick return average of ALL TIME or anything.

Christ.

I would rather spend money elsewhere. Kickoff return is a dying play. Take the ball at the 25 and spend $10M to move it towards the end zone with the offense. Or maybe Patterson is gimicky enough that Nagy will get the value out of him?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This does solve a position of need, can't argue that point. I was tired of seeing Cunny Benningham returning kicks
I was told Mizzell returned kicks and this was the solution?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
What??? This is a good signing. Obviously helps in the return game and will be a good piece in this offense. 5 million a year is the new base for these types of players. I like it a lot. Special teams needed to get better in all phases.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If used as a just a KR. It's a horrible waste of money, as he has had 19 and 23 KR's over the last 2 yrs. I imagine that his 21 rec and 42 rushes is a much bigger reason behind this signing.

Remember when everyone bitched all season about Nagy trying to get to cute? This isn't going to help. There's only 1 football and Bears got plenty of playmakers. Only thing this does is take touches away from more talented players imo. I guess we'll see.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Remember when everyone bitched all season about Nagy trying to get to cute? This isn't going to help. There's only 1 football and Bears got plenty of playmakers. Only thing this does is take touches away from more talented players imo. I guess we'll see.
I would be happier with any number of uses for the $5M. Just think the reasoning has to be beyond the dying art of KR.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace just couldn't help himself. Every year he tries to get cute. Started with Glennon, then Sims, Parkey and now Patterson. He just signed Kevin White 2.0 of WRs. Bears will be starting on the 30 yard line this year instead of the 25. Great! Maybe if he stays healthy he can return partial value of that 10m spent.

thats a pretty small contract with someone of his potential. I like it and an extra 5 yards in starting field position average is significant.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What??? This is a good signing. Obviously helps in the return game and will be a good piece in this offense. 5 million a year is the new base for these types of players. I like it a lot. Special teams needed to get better in all phases.
Okay captain bozo

New rate.. LMFAO

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
thats a pretty small contract with someone of his potential. I like it and an extra 5 yards in starting field position average is significant.
Average an extra 5 yards starting field position?

Can you show your math? I'm looking at the number and don't see it. Please extrapolate.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
shut the heck up. I'm allowed to have an opinion. Not everything Pace and the Bears do is awesome. Sorry I don't just blindly follow everything they do

You're also allowed to keep your opinion to yourself.

Dont want to hear people call you out on stupidity...dont share it. Simple.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Right? I mean it's not like he has the 2nd highest kick return average of ALL TIME or anything.

Christ.
And over the last 2 seasons he has averaged 28.6 YPR, 3.6 more than having me stand back there and hold my arms out as the football hits the ground in the endzone. I would have done that for $3.5M that is a savings of that's a savings of $43,000 per extra return yard over 2 seasons. Your welcome Virginia.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Breshad Perriman got 4 million a year, Cole Beasley got 7.25. I'd say that 5 million is the going rate for a player like Patterson.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Pace just couldn't help himself. Every year he tries to get cute. Started with Glennon, then Sims, Parkey and now Patterson. He just signed Kevin White 2.0 of WRs. Bears will be starting on the 30 yard line this year instead of the 25. Great! Maybe if he stays healthy he can return partial value of that 10m spent.

Actually, they'l be starting 9 yards further, as he averaged 9 more yards per return than the Bears did as a team. So, the Bears who had an average start of the 30 (granted that includes turnovers). They averaged 33 yards per drive. If everything else stays the same, that 9 extra yards is the difference between ending the average drive at the 37, to ending every drive at the 28. This is significant because assuming a competent kicker, that's the difference between being in FG range or not on average.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Breshad Perriman got 4 million a year, Cole Beasley got 7.25. I'd say that 5 million is the going rate for a player like Patterson.
I'd say they're all a waste.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Except he averaged 3.6 extra yards on a total of 42 kick offs over 2 seasons, so more like an extra 5 yards a game.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like it. To have this kind of versatile weapon as your 5th WR is a good get. He’s no slouch when he lines up as a RB either. Nagy will know how to utilize him. Do you think Pace is making a move like this in a vacuum? I’m sure Nagy is completely on board with this signing.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except he averaged 3.6 extra yards on a total of 42 kick offs over 2 seasons, so more like an extra 5 yards a game.
Can you give him a chance to show his math? Sheesh. Stop cucking me. :(