OT: Rapey Patricia Pissing off Lions Players...again

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
  • 2019 is going to be a very key season for Lions receiver Marvin Jones. After Detroit traded away Golden Tate, Jones was supposed to take over as the clear top receiver. Unfortunately, Jones’ season was ended in late November by a knee injury. According to Dake Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, there was some drama between Jones and the team after Jones criticized Matt Patricia’s policy of having injured players watch games from the press box on social media. Interestingly, Birkett writes that Jones “doesn’t seem long for a Patricia-coached team that has moved on from other players who aren’t yes-sir-I’ll-do-whatever-you-say types.” That being said, Birkett would be shocked if anything were to happen before the end of the season, as they’re counting on Jones to be a large part of the offense. Still it sounds like Jones, who didn’t participate in OTAs or minicamp due to his injury, might not be in the team’s longterm plans.

Does Rapey McRape Face make it to a 3rd season in Detroit?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  • 2019 is going to be a very key season for Lions receiver Marvin Jones. After Detroit traded away Golden Tate, Jones was supposed to take over as the clear top receiver. Unfortunately, Jones’ season was ended in late November by a knee injury. According to Dake Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, there was some drama between Jones and the team after Jones criticized Matt Patricia’s policy of having injured players watch games from the press box on social media. Interestingly, Birkett writes that Jones “doesn’t seem long for a Patricia-coached team that has moved on from other players who aren’t yes-sir-I’ll-do-whatever-you-say types.” That being said, Birkett would be shocked if anything were to happen before the end of the season, as they’re counting on Jones to be a large part of the offense. Still it sounds like Jones, who didn’t participate in OTAs or minicamp due to his injury, might not be in the team’s longterm plans.

Does Rapey McRape Face make it to a 3rd season in Detroit?
I hope...I don't wanna see them finally get it right in the head coaching department.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I hope...I don't wanna see them finally get it right in the head coaching department.

Since the Packers brought in a 3rd Matt to the NFC North, he's no longer the worst HC. Lafleur will hold that title. Doubt he'll last 2 seasons. Lebron of the NFL will have him run off. They should've hired Fangio and let Rodgers just do whatever the fuck he wanted.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There biggest problem right now is slay and Harrison holding out for new contracts. Those are the two best players on their defense

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Since the Packers brought in a 3rd Matt to the NFC North, he's no longer the worst HC. Lafleur will hold that title. Doubt he'll last 2 seasons. Lebron of the NFL will have him run off. They should've hired Fangio and let Rodgers just do whatever the fuck he wanted.
Hope you are right. McCarthy and the Packers front office was nearly the perfectly degree of disguisable incompetence with a HOF QB's. They were Angelo/Lovie-esque. Hopefully their new GM/HC structure continues that trend. I honestly see the Packers with AR's impending demises as cellar dwellers in 3-4 yrs at the latest.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lmao I'm enjoying this for as long as it lasts. The man is so damn awkward. It's like watching a sitcom play out in reality.
Remember that episode in Friends where they go play football on thanksgiving? That’s what the Lions remind me of right now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
9-7 and blew the playoffs with a loss to a terrible Bengals team.

My bad...
Got his record mixed up with another NFCC HC who was fired after posting a 10-6 winning record. So we'll see how fast Patricia gets 'em a winning record and a playoff win.
Right now Patricia's relationship with the team seems tenuous at best.

Agreed

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Lions should never have fired Caldwell.

Since 2001 the Lions have had four winning seasons, Caldwell had 3 of them. Jim Schwartz his predecessor had a record of 29-51, Caldwell's record was 36-28. The man actually had a winning record and was over .500 in 3 out of his 4 seasons as HC. While those might not be great numbers for every NFL franchise, they are stellar for that Detroit shit show.

As a Bears fan I was glad to see the Lions shit the bed and fire Caldwell, and I really hope Patricia is the second coming of Jim Schwartz.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LMAO...rapey?!?

61c.jpg

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I still don't get why Patricia was hired in the 1st place. They were 10-6 prior to his arrival.
?

I guess so
That’s what Bear fans were saying about trestman