OT: Rapey Patricia Pissing off Lions Players...again

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fat slob with a hobo beard who is constantly late to everything is crying aboot “professionalism”. ????

Patricia, who has routinely showed up late for his media availability sessions in his first year as head coach, was asked about the importance of punctuality for a head coach at his weekly news conference Wednesday — a session that was pushed back 30 minutes from its original scheduled time, and then started 15 or so minutes after that.

“I think it just depends on the situation really," Patricia said. "It depends. There’s a pretty busy schedule from those situations I think for everybody. I think fluidity is probably the best answer for you."

Patricia's lack of punctuality also has been an issue in team meetings this year, where one former player said the coach was consistently late during his months with the Lions.

sounds like winning to me

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Well, his mentor, Belichick, isn't really much of a players coach and often is the worst interview. I wouldn't read too much into any of that garbage.

On the offensive side he's going to have limited impact. I think he's going to be fairly hands off and let Stafford work with the OC and figure things out.

Defensively that group has to take a big step forward. Last year it was someone else's roster that didn't really fit what he did. He's had a year to evaluate the roster and then get the team to commit resources in specific directions (Trey Flowers).

For me, I always thought he was a bit of a fake coach. People talk about the former rocket scientist turned Belichick's right hand man, but truthfully his defenses were never that good. The final straw was this:

636508519619890415-AP-Coaching-Candidates-Footb.jpg

Seriously look at that photo. WTF is that stupid pencil going to do with a laminated play sheet??? The guy is a complete fraud!!!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rotoworld's Matt Patricia page. Lets call it an inauspicious beginning. Honestly, that's the entire content

Matt Patricia

DL
Detroit Lions
9486.jpg

DOB (Age):9/13/1974 (44)
Drafted:N/A
Home
News
Stats
PLAYER NEWS

• MATT PATRICIADL, DETROIT LIONS

Lions coach Matt Patricia is "pretty confident" he will keep his job.
    Patricia's first season as a head coach has been a rough one which has the Lions headed to their first losing season since 2015 and their worst record since 2012. Even so, Patricia is not worried about being one-and-done. "Everything for me, right now, is just keep moving forward and getting ready for the game this weekend," Patricia said. "I meet with Mrs. Ford every week, so they’ve been great. Her and her family have been great." Even if Patricia sticks around, it is likely there are changes to his coaching staff with OC Jim Bob Cooter the most likely to go.
    SOURCE: Detroit News
    Dec 27, 2018, 10:11 AM ET

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports Lions veterans were "griping" about new coach Matt Patricia during training camp.
    Specifically, the "number of rules put in place" and "how hard he worked them" during the summer. The Lions, of course, got blown out of the building in Patricia's debut on Monday. It will be a dynamic to watch as the season unfolds. Ex-Bill Belichick assistants have a way of flying too close to the sun trying to implement his ways elsewhere.
    SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
    Sep 11, 2018, 4:47 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports neither the Lions nor coach Matt Patricia will be subject to discipline following the resurfacing of a 1996 sexual assault allegation against Patricia.
    The league met with the Lions and Patricia last week and decided the team "engaged in appropriate and thorough hiring practices." It also concluded Patricia did not "mislead the team during the interview process." Patricia was indicted for aggravated sexual assault by a Texas grand jury, but the case was dismissed before trial after the alleged victim decided not to testify. The episode was apparently unknown to the NFL before the Detroit News reported its existence two weeks ago. Patricia has strenuously maintained his innocence.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Having a shit attitude during a press conference is not the same as being the asshole that is constantly late to his own scheduled meetings. Belichek at least practices what he preaches

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Having a shit attitude during a press conference is not the same as being the asshole that is constantly late to his own scheduled meetings. Belichek at least practices what he preaches

This^^^^^^^^^

I guarantee Belichick shows up on time to team meetings, and I'll bet Patricia was on time when he worked for Belichick. That just tells me that now that he is in charge he is not necessarily doing things "the Patriot way". I've been following the NFL since the 60's and I have never heard of a HC being late for team meetings.

Chicago Bears
Week 1: vs. Green Bay Packers - Win
Week 2: @ Denver Broncos - Loss
Week 3: @ Washington Redskins - Win
Week 4: vs. Minnesota Vikings - Loss
Week 5: @ Oakland Raiders (London) - Win
Week 7: vs. New Orleans Saints - Loss
Week 8: vs. Los Angeles Chargers - Loss
Week 9: @ Philadelphia Eagles - Loss
Week 10: vs. Detroit Lions - Win
Week 11: @ Los Angeles Rams - Loss
Week 12: vs. New York Giants - Win
Week 13: @ Detroit Lions - Loss
Week 14: vs. Dallas Cowboys - Win
Week 15: @ Green Bay Packers - Loss
Week 16: vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Loss
Week 17: @ Minnesota Vikings - Loss

Final record: 6-10

So 2018 the Bears go 4-0 against the Lions and Vikings and in 2019 they go 1-3?

thats-a-spicy-meatball.jpg

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Lions went 11-5 in 2014 and one and done. Where is that coach now? You guys masquerading around like Nagy is the best thing since slided bread one year in is truly funny.

There was not one person who acted like Nagy was the best coach ever in this thread. You were the first one to bring him up numbnuts.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, his mentor, Belichick, isn't really much of a players coach and often is the worst interview. I wouldn't read too much into any of that garbage.

On the offensive side he's going to have limited impact. I think he's going to be fairly hands off and let Stafford work with the OC and figure things out.

Defensively that group has to take a big step forward. Last year it was someone else's roster that didn't really fit what he did. He's had a year to evaluate the roster and then get the team to commit resources in specific directions (Trey Flowers).

For me, I always thought he was a bit of a fake coach. People talk about the former rocket scientist turned Belichick's right hand man, but truthfully his defenses were never that good. The final straw was this:

636508519619890415-AP-Coaching-Candidates-Footb.jpg

Seriously look at that photo. WTF is that stupid pencil going to do with a laminated play sheet??? The guy is a complete fraud!!!

they already did, in the last half of the season they were top ten, after a terrible start.

"
Over the final eight games, Detroit allowed 18.8 points per game, which ranked eighth in the league over that span. Also during that stretch, Detroit gave up only 77.6 rushing yards per game, the fourth fewest in the NFL.
Damon Harrison, A’Shawn Robinson and Da’Shawn Hand were one of the top defensive line trios in football over the second half of the year. All three are under contract next season.
Detroit finished the year with a top 10 overall defense (10th), and were eighth against the pass and 10th against the run. They return core players Harrison, Hand, Robinson, Jarrad Davis, Devon Kennard, Darius Slay and Quandre Diggs. Romeo Okwara is a restricted free agent, and the Lions are pretty high on the potential of second year safety Tracy Walker."

They then added Trey Flowers and Justin Coleman.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
they already did, in the last half of the season they were top ten, after a terrible start.

"
Over the final eight games, Detroit allowed 18.8 points per game, which ranked eighth in the league over that span. Also during that stretch, Detroit gave up only 77.6 rushing yards per game, the fourth fewest in the NFL.
Damon Harrison, A’Shawn Robinson and Da’Shawn Hand were one of the top defensive line trios in football over the second half of the year. All three are under contract next season.
Detroit finished the year with a top 10 overall defense (10th), and were eighth against the pass and 10th against the run. They return core players Harrison, Hand, Robinson, Jarrad Davis, Devon Kennard, Darius Slay and Quandre Diggs. Romeo Okwara is a restricted free agent, and the Lions are pretty high on the potential of second year safety Tracy Walker."

This is what's called fools gold. You played some awful offenses in this stretch and a GB team that had no coach/Rodgers and gave up on the year. You proud of handling such Juggernaut offenses like Arizona & Buffalo???? Lol

Football Outsiders ranked your D 27th/23rd based on the opponents played.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

"

Yet you only won 3 of those... just like the 1st 8 games.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what's called fools gold. You played some awful offenses in this stretch and a GB team that had no coach/Rodgers and gave up on the year. You proud of handling such Juggernaut offenses like Arizona & Buffalo???? Lol

Pretty much the same teams you faced.

Well, we did play you twice down the stretch, so yeah, awfull offenses.

Pretty much the same schedule as the Bears down the stretch, except the bears played the niners and giants, while the Lions played the Panthers and Cards.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty much the same teams you faced.

Well, we did play you twice down the stretch, so yeah, awfull offenses.

Pretty much the same schedule as the Bears down the stretch, except the bears played the niners and giants, while the Lions played the Panthers and Cards.
Your entire post is completely irrelevant to what was argued. That terrible Bears offense the first game should have hung 50 on your s*** team. If it wasn't for some crappie kicker and bad red zone execution that game would have been a lot worse. And then you played a backup quarterback.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your entire post is completely irrelevant to what was argued. That terrible Bears offense the first game should have hung 50 on your s*** team. If it wasn't for some crappie kicker and bad red zone execution that game would have been a lot worse. And then you played a backup quarterback.
Your backup Qb was better than your starting QB. Your the one that said the Lions played terrible offenses, don't get all butt hurt when I point out we played you twice in that span.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Your backup Qb was better than your starting QB. Your the one that said the Lions played terrible offenses, don't get all butt hurt when I point out we played you twice in that span.
Our backup QB was better than YOUR starting QB....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If only we had Pad Statsford and his huge numbers and 9 games below .500 record. Or is it Stats Padford? I can never keep it straight.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you fucking Special person?
Please point to any stasticap evidence that proves Daniel had better stats vs Detroit and overall as well. There's no rope to get you out of this hole you dug yourself into

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If only we had Pad Statsford and his huge numbers and 9 games below .500 record. Or is it Stats Padford? I can never keep it straight.

Stat Padford
Pad Statford
Fat Bastaford

All acceptable imo.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't realize you were that slow, so I will get out my crayons.............

Snap judgments about head coaches one year in.

Snap judgements eh? Guess the NFL rushed it in making him coach of the year.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

For some reason I didn’t remember Chase throwing for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns against your vaunted defense. You guys really stifled Trubisky.

For some reason I thought you actually use to contribute to conversations on this message board. Now you are just a blatant troll. I guess being a fan of that team has made you bitter..

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

How is it possible to be this fucking stupid????????????

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you fucking Special person?
Please point to any stasticap evidence that proves Daniel had better stats vs Detroit and overall as well. There's no rope to get you out of this hole you dug yourself into
Don't I recall some threads here by Bears fans that were wanting Daniels to start midway through the season?