CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why would you add a defunct team name for them?

It is all in jest anyways. Loosen up mkay.
To recap: I came into a baseball forum, on a topic about the Tampa Bay Rays possibly playing Montreal, and after combining team names you thought I was referencing a different sport, and gave me a geography lesson. Further, you answered, apparently seriously that my word play on "rape" would get, "negative reviews."

And I'm the one that needs to loosen up?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
At some point, you just have to admit you missed it.

Of course I missed it. My first thought was Raptors. Not Rays. It felt totally off and ignorant to even say it.

All good. This thread is a meme anyways.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
To recap: I came into a baseball forum, on a topic about the Tampa Bay Rays possibly playing Montreal, and after combining team names you thought I was referencing a different sport, and gave me a geography lesson. Further, you answered, apparently seriously that my word play on "rape" would get, "negative reviews."

And I'm the one that needs to loosen up?

.... And how much time did you waste coming up with this?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And I quoted that Rapos was better than Raypos. So yes I was off but at least you didn't go there.

Happy now?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
IMO, this is all political.
This news gets the city of Tampa to recognize the legit possibility the Rays bounce. The team is trying to force the city to pay for a new field and wants the public to know they are ready to leave if need be. Smart PR and nothing more here.

Parade Rain mentioned taxes.
Florida- No state income tax
Canada- 52%---This is a guess. anyone can chime in here.

This would never happen. No player would ever sign in to a 2 country team.

A for efffort though with the PR

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
When you cannot get one city to build you a new stadium for 80 games, try to get two cities to build you a new stadium for 40 games.

Yeah, thats the mentality now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
IMO, this is all political.
This news gets the city of Tampa to recognize the legit possibility the Rays bounce. The team is trying to force the city to pay for a new field and wants the public to know they are ready to leave if need be. Smart PR and nothing more here.

Parade Rain mentioned taxes.
Florida- No state income tax
Canada- 52%---This is a guess. anyone can chime in here.

This would never happen. No player would ever sign in to a 2 country team.

A for efffort though with the PR

CSF77

Liked Posts:
When you cannot get one city to build you a new stadium for 80 games, try to get two cities to build you a new stadium for 40 games.

Yeah, thats the mentality now.

I do like this approach honestly.

Say Apr/May in Mexico City. Take advantage of the weather and they will fill the stadium.

June-Aug in a Canadian city. Just one that can support the sport. I really don't care honestly.

Then back to Mexico City for the end of season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I do like this approach honestly.

Say Apr/May in Mexico City. Take advantage of the weather and they will fill the stadium.

June-Aug in a Canadian city. Just one that can support the sport. I really don't care honestly.

Then back to Mexico City for the end of season.

You like the approach of cities who do not want to build a stadium for 80 dates to build a stadium for only 40? You are not asking Mexico city to build a stadium too are you?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You like the approach of cities who do not want to build a stadium for 80 dates to build a stadium for only 40? You are not asking Mexico city to build a stadium too are you?

I think every Sandals all-inclusive resort should build their own MLB stadium, and that could be a selling point to potential customers. The MLB team could play one home game in each Sandals location...Dominican Republic, Granada, Turks/Caicos, etc. They would make a killing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think every Sandals all-inclusive resort should build their own MLB stadium, and that could be a selling point to potential customers. The MLB team could play one home game in each Sandals location...Dominican Republic, Granada, Turks/Caicos, etc. They would make a killing.
What is the current cost for breaking ground and building a stadium now? 700 million? 1 billion?

I would agree with you on a Sandals resort, how many people go there at a time 10,000? Those would be some great seats, they could probably put one on a cruise ship too. I guess that would only cost about 250k.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Portable cruise ship stadium would be a good idea. Have a 14-game 'trans-atlantic' series as the ship travels to South Africa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Not like these places can't afford it.

It is just a tourist attraction for these places. Gives them a excuse for local baseball owners to bid for the rights for the games and to exhort their respective city of resources to upgrade their team's stadium to state of the art.

It would be more of the international market coverage. The money would be there to exploit.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Not like these places can't afford it.

It is just a tourist attraction for these places. Gives them a excuse for local baseball owners to bid for the rights for the games and to exhort their respective city of resources to upgrade their team's stadium to state of the art.

It would be more of the international market coverage. The money would be there to exploit.

This is the mentality that gets mediocre NBA players 40 million dollar a year contracts, on top of 100 million dollar shoe deals. Not like they cant afford it.

How about the owners. You want to buy a team, you should have a place to play, not force cities to build them for you.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This is the mentality that gets mediocre NBA players 40 million dollar a year contracts, on top of 100 million dollar shoe deals. Not like they cant afford it.

How about the owners. You want to buy a team, you should have a place to play, not force cities to build them for you.

I live in San Diego. That zone was a homeless den. Now it is a thriving commercial and high rise condos that go about a mil per on avg. That has changed the dynamic of the area. All of that goes back to the coffers for the city.

It is called investing into your future.