OT: Roy Oswalt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just a discussion. He hasnt pitched well for Texas but neither was Liriano (out of the pen). He has cleared waivers and can be dealt. Gavin Floyd is bad and hurt and unreliable. What do you think about uniting him and his lover with Jake Peavy and give him a shot?

His K.9 is encouraging and ERA+ could get better as he is borderline. His ERA doesnt tell the full story with 50 ip. Could Coop help him? I wouldnt mind adding experience and an experiment since experimenting with axelrod may not be the best thing for this team.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
I don't think it would be a bad move. Hey, better than AXELROD, right? :yep:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it would be a bad move. Hey, better than AXELROD, right? :yep:

I love experience over inexperience. If Coop sees something I can see the sox going for him. Phil Rogers just tweeted that they are looking for a utility inf (rangers) and could send hudson. Its worth the risk IMO, but the teams in the MLB probably know more about his stuff. If im KW im talking to Peavy and Cooper about him as peavy and him are lovers.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
I love experience over inexperience. If Coop sees something I can see the sox going for him. Phil Rogers just tweeted that they are looking for a utility inf (rangers) and could send hudson. Its worth the risk IMO, but the teams in the MLB probably know more about his stuff. If im KW im talking to Peavy and Cooper about him as peavy and him are lovers.
Especially with Olmedo to play backup now instead of Hudson, there really isn't much to lose by sending O-Dawg for Oswalt, especially if Coop thinks he can work on him. And I'm sure Peavy would be quite pleased. Could be a morale booster for both of them. (Not that Peavy really needs one ... he's well loved in Chicago.)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
exactly. olemedo can do what hudson does.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if anyone hears rumors of where he might go post them here.

Huffalicious

Liked Posts:
CBS lists Dodgers and Nats in the best spot to pick him up.

Source

And then MLB reports: "The Dodgers and the Nationals are among contenders looking for starting pitching down the stretch. The White Sox may also be in the market for a starting pitcher, but a source said the Rangers are unlikely to trade Oswalt to a potential American League playoff opponent.".

Source

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't like him. I think he's done.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBS lists Dodgers and Nats in the best spot to pick him up.

Source

And then MLB reports: "The Dodgers and the Nationals are among contenders looking for starting pitching down the stretch. The White Sox may also be in the market for a starting pitcher, but a source said the Rangers are unlikely to trade Oswalt to a potential American League playoff opponent.".

Source

i dont put a lot of stock in the whole playoff matchup thing as he probably wouldnt be starting a playoff game. also boston said they didnt want to deal youk to us because of potential playoff matchup...so take it with a grain of salt.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
doubt it happens. he has been cleared for 3 weeks now. maybe texas is holding out until the last min of the aug 31 deadline to get max value.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to chose, I say the Nats land him IF the Rangers do trade him. KW should try hard for Millwood or Vargas, way more of an upgrade.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
like youk right? maybe you want jack mcdowell or jim parque to be here.

Nope. I, unlike you with O-dawg recognize when a player is done. Please stop with your posts. You are driving away Sox traffic from this site.

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
A good option for CHW might be Shaun Marcum if you're looking for a SP. Although I doubt he gets past some of the NL teams (Nats/Dodgers etc)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A good option for CHW might be Shaun Marcum if you're looking for a SP. Although I doubt he gets past some of the NL teams (Nats/Dodgers etc)

no way that he clears the NL. He will get claimed to be obtained or to block. if he makes it through than NL scouts know something specific about him

Status
Not open for further replies.