HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is definitely like being dealt a shit sandwich with no choice but to eat it. Hope she come up aces.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Hate to see this news. Wishing the best for the Staffords.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Not a doctor, but from what she described, it’s highly likely to be a benign tumor. Benign certainly doesn’t mean harmless when it comes to the brain, but it’s a damn sight better than malignant. Assuming that to be the case, if the surgery goes well, she should have every reasonable expectation of a full & normal life. My wife had something similar (slightly different location) six years ago, and she’s had no complications or problems since then. Anyway, wishing Kelly a highly successful surgery & complete recovery. Sending positive thoughts & vibes her way...

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a doctor, but from what she described, it’s highly likely to be a benign tumor. Benign certainly doesn’t mean harmless when it comes to the brain, but it’s a damn sight better than malignant. Assuming that to be the case, if the surgery goes well, she should have every reasonable expectation of a full & normal life. My wife had something similar (slightly different location) six years ago, and she’s had no complications or problems since then. Anyway, wishing Kelly a highly successful surgery & complete recovery. Sending positive thoughts & vibes her way...

yeah, acoustic neuromas are non-cancerous. Very few people actually die from it. Still sucks to go through though, I bet. Hopefully her surgery goes well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets hope.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like an awesome outcome so cheers to them but does anyone here want a surgeon that says the outcome will be 'God's will'? Getting that surgeon was probably the result of them being able to secure the best guy around unlike your typical Ins. policy. Not against religion in this post but predetermination isn't part of this.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Wishing this family the best. I heard there was a setback so I wish for the best!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
God's will? Predetermination isn't part of Christianity.

That said, hope it's a minor setback and well wishes for mom and family.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just checked. Not really a complication as much as her trying to tough it out and get off her steroid and pain killer meds early. Apparently now sorted so good news, overall.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
God's will? Predetermination isn't part of Christianity.

What am I, chopped liver?

220px-MCC-31320_Portret_van_Johannes_Calvijn_%281509-1564%29-uitsnede.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What am I, chopped liver?

220px-MCC-31320_Portret_van_Johannes_Calvijn_%281509-1564%29-uitsnede.jpg
Eph. 1:4 “Therefore you can safely infer the following: if he chose us that we should be hold, he did not choose us because he foresaw that we would be so” (Institutes 3.22.3). “To make faith the cause of election is altogether absurd and utterly at variance with the words of the apostle [Paul]” (Calvin’s Calvinism, 45).

His predetermination related more to the the foresight of scripture than it did to personal choices or free will. 'God helps those that help themselves' was not refuted. Oh, and I like chopped liver.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are really going out on a limb wanting a young woman with children to live, very courageous of you guys, so enlightened. I'm with you guys 100%, just as woke as the rest of you.
Bad day?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, she's lost balance on one side of her body. should turn out OK but will take a while before she'll be able to walk properly. Hope it all works out great.