OT: The game the NFL wants you to forget (Cle-Jax 2001)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;wk6NKmFP0pE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6NKmFP0pE[/video]

Loved this video, and almost forgot about this game until this video jogged my memory. This game was insanity, on so many levels. Pure incompetence.

Puts into perspective the amount we bitch about the refs nowadays.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like this game was the reason they stopped serving glass bottles at NFL games.

I was at the Monday night football Jets/Bills Pumpkin game in 1988. It was scary. Fights all over the stadium, fires throughout the stands. It was brutal, and the beginning of beer not being sold after halftime.

We want the pumpkin!

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Jesus, that's worse than when we had to deal with the replacement refs a few years ago.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was at the Monday night football Jets/Bills Pumpkin game in 1988. It was scary. Fights all over the stadium, fires throughout the stands. It was brutal, and the beginning of beer not being sold after halftime.

We want the pumpkin!

Sounds insane, I tried finding a video of the game but to no avail. Perhaps WCBF can help me out with this internet thing. I was, however, able to dig up this old article.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1988-10-19-8803010600-story.html

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The narrator for these videos is terrible.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

We want the pumpkin!

10 cent beer night....

me654

Liked Posts:
I remember that game....I was pissed for the Browns as well.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
didnt even realize they sold glass bottles at any sporting event--what a bunch of fucking idiots

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Great times. What happened to the world, zebras nowadays know nothing bad will happen to them when they fuck up calls or try and grandstand throwing pointless flags.

You know in these divided times in our country I believe the one thing everyone can agree, from the far-left to the far-right, is that refs suck and given the opportunity we would all love to pelt them with glass bottles when they blow an illegal formation on a kneeldown play going into half or flag a linebacker 15 yards for accidentally bumping into the quarterback. Maybe a good old fashioned mob beatdown of some smug NFL referees can be what brings us all together?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Great times. What happened to the world, zebras nowadays know nothing bad will happen to them when they fuck up calls or try and grandstand throwing pointless flags.

You know in these divided times in our country I believe the one thing everyone can agree, from the far-left to the far-right, is that refs suck and given the opportunity we would all love to pelt them with glass bottles when they blow an illegal formation on a kneeldown play going into half or flag a linebacker 15 yards for accidentally bumping into the quarterback. Maybe a good old fashioned mob beatdown of some smug NFL referees can be what brings us all together?

Please tell me that you meant to use a green font

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bleacher Report has an awesome video series over a variety of topics on YouTube. I'd suggest any of them.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Very low-T post here. No self-respecting man should ever defend referees as a whole.

It's one thing to defend them but another to advocate violence against them.
Have you been mailing those fake bombs at liberals lately?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wow you condone acts of violence against refs simply because they make the wrong call. What a wonderful person you must be.