OT: Tyreek Hill police incident in KC

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Cleveland will be following in KC’s disgusting footsteps with Dorsey at the helm too.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am still trying to figure out the post that says they can’t kick him out of the league with no evidence of wrongdoing followed by suggestion of an 8 game suspension.
I think they do have evidence anyway. Find the audio tape to be very damning evidence.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is enough evidence that Hill was at least party to trying to cover up any abuse that occurred. What a horrible decision.

Only thing you can hope for is if both these parents get their act together quickly so it does not result in further injury or death to the kid.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
There is enough evidence that Hill was at least party to trying to cover up any abuse that occurred. What a horrible decision.

Only thing you can hope for is if both these parents get their act together quickly so it does not result in further injury or death to the kid.

I think its safer for the kid to have Hill playing NFL football as opposed to sitting out the season. JMO

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just my speculation, but....

It seems like Roger Goodell got caught up in the minutiae a bit.

Here in the Kansas City bubble, they weren't expecting Hill to get any games, so this decision doesn't come as a surprise at all for them. However, their view is heavily biased, obviously.

Basically, the local TV station that released the audio of Tyreek and his then-fiancee has taken major heat because, at the time, they had not released the full 11-minute audio. They ran everything EXCEPT where the two were going through security AND a mini-conversation where Tyreek denied he even choked and punched her back in 2014 when she was pregnant.

That these two were essentially alone at the time and Tyreek didn’t know he was being recorded, you could understand how this might be seen as absolutely newsworthy information. A local radio station released the full audio, and when the local public heard the portion where he’s denying the 2014 incident, they made up their minds that this was proof of Tyreek’s innocence. Chants of “vindicated!” and “exonerated!” have been echoing through KC recently.

I have my own thoughts on the situation (the “new” audio definitely doesn’t vindicate Hill, and the TV station definitely fucked up by not releasing the full audio at the time), but all the recent info is just noise, just minutiae.

The bottom line is that Tyreek was caught on tape threatening his then-fiancée, was the subject of an extensive child abuse investigation that still continues to today through the Dept of Family Services, had his child taken from his home, and did not cooperate with a prosecutorial investigation to determine exactly how his son broke his arm.

Those are all facts, and that’s plenty to hand down a hefty suspension, in my opinion, even without taking 2014 into consideration.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No consistency from Rodger. Zeke was suspended like 10 games and there was hardly any evidence other than his GF was a psycho. But, since it was Dallas and a lot of media attention he had to do something. There was plenty of evidence against Hill, but since it's out of the media, we'll just shove it under the rug and forget about it. Nice going NFL. Setting a precedent that domestic abuse is cool, but pick up a joint and your NFL career is over.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess "you need to be terrified of me too, bitch" is perfectly acceptable in the NFLs world....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whatever it is, I hope the kids safe and Hill/partner get their heads on straight and raise him without the abuse.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Abusers don’t stop unless someone stops them or someone dies. I’m praying for that innocent kid right now.
Unfortunately, that's 100% true.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If something happens to that poor kid Roger Goodell has blood on his hands. I hope the NFL is proud of themselves putting money ahead of the safety of an innocent fucking child.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Apparently since it is still an active police investigation and involves a minor, they shared limited details, even with the NFL. The league did say they will reassess the situation if any new details (or charges) come to light.

Hope he gets suspended just before the playoffs. Will serve them right for this double standard....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If something happens to that poor kid Roger Goodell has blood on his hands. I hope the NFL is proud of themselves putting money ahead of the safety of an innocent fucking child.

That’s a bit much. Suspending someone isn’t necessarily a cure all to stop the bad behavior