OT: Tyreek Hill police incident in KC

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude is done and deserves to be done. Kids should never be punched or harmed with deadly force.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Adrian Peterson being in the NFL is such a disgrace. There is absolutely no redeeming quality to the story, no way to justify Peterson's continued NFL existence. I can't believe there isn't more outrage about how he's still allowed to play...I guess being with a non-entity like the Redskins and not being the best RB in the NFL allows Peterson to be under-the-radar, but still. Jay Gruden is human waste, Daniel Snyder is sleaze.

They were commenting on Hill on the radio, comparing it to Ray Rice and saying how this is "unprecedented". It's not. Peterson ran for 1000 yards last year. There is your precedent.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Adrian Peterson being in the NFL is such a disgrace. There is absolutely no redeeming quality to the story, no way to justify Peterson's continued NFL existence. I can't believe there isn't more outrage about how he's still allowed to play...I guess being with a non-entity like the Redskins and not being the best RB in the NFL allows Peterson to be under-the-radar, but still. Jay Gruden is human waste, Daniel Snyder is sleaze.

They were commenting on Hill on the radio, comparing it to Ray Rice and saying how this is "unprecedented". It's not. Peterson ran for 1000 yards last year. There is your precedent.

Tyreek Hill is DONE. See ya child abuser....

With that said, I am going to disagree with the comparison to Peterson. I am not going to go into another discussion about this b/c it has been discussed over and over. I will just say that, there is a very fine line b/w discipline and abuse. I'm 41. I got spanked(or whooped for us "urban" crowd...lol) when I was a kid. One time not with a belt. But my parents are the most wonderful, caring, sweetest, hard working people you will ever meet. But they were very disciplinary parents. Peterson spanked extremely hard. Sounds like Tyreek Hill punched his 3 old kid in the chest, which could have killed him. Not only that, threatened his fiancee. Fucking bum..

Some people believe, due to ancient biblical(religious) upbringing that spanking is a tool in raising a child. New thinking has changing some people opinions on that. Which maybe it should.

I don't know. I just see a difference b/w the two. But I'm happy to hear opposing viewpoints...

BEARS

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Peterson just switch his kid? My parents would both be banned from the NFL if that is all it took...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

With that said, I am going to disagree with the comparison to Peterson. I am not going to go into another discussion about this b/c it has been discussed over and over. I will just say that, there is a very fine line b/w discipline and abuse. I'm 41. I got spanked(or whooped for us "urban" crowd...lol) when I was a kid. One time not with a belt. But my parents are the most wonderful, caring, sweetest, hard working people you will ever meet. But they were very disciplinary parents. Peterson spanked extremely hard. Sounds like Tyreek Hill punched his 3 old kid in the chest, which could have killed him. Not only that, threatened his fiancee. Fucking bum..

Some people believe, due to ancient biblical(religious) upbringing that spanking is a tool in raising a child. New thinking has changing some people opinions on that. Which maybe it should.

I don't know. I just see a difference b/w the two. But I'm happy to hear opposing viewpoints...

BEARS

Why did you sign your post with BEARS?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

BEARS

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

LOL at categorizing this as "spanking". To me, the worst part of the Peterson story was that he was essentially an absentee father...he was never around for his kids, never had any interest to be in their lives. He'd show up every now and then, to beat them up, then he'd leave. Imagine being his kid, not knowing your father at all, then when he appears he beats you. Terrible stuff. If you can condone that behavior as "hard spanking", then I think its a good microcosm of where society is at.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why did you sign your post with BEARS?
Look at every post since the beginning of time. I've always done that Grimson. Is this the first time you've read my post?...lol....

BEARS

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You shouldn't beat your kids, but if they have the notion you might.... that can be a powerful tool.

My parents spanked, but never beat any of us.... but I sure as hell thought it was a possibility.

If you are unable to come off as an authority figure to a 3 year old without physically beating them, you probably shouldn't be a parent.

BEARS

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

LOL at categorizing this as "spanking". To me, the worst part of the Peterson story was that he was essentially an absentee father...he was never around for his kids, never had any interest to be in their lives. He'd show up every now and then, to beat them up, then he'd leave. Imagine being his kid, not knowing your father at all, then when he appears he beats you. Terrible stuff. If you can condone that behavior as "hard spanking", then I think its a good microcosm of where society is at.

Fair enough. I guess there's more to the story than I know...

Then I agree with you that precedence has already been set. May have been set before then with the Vick situation. IF killing dogs is on the same level of child abuse.

BEARS

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Peterson is fine.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah I've noticed but that didn't answer my question.
Well, my only answer is I always represent my Bears. No matter Bears related or not...

BEARS

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Adrian Peterson happens in 2019, he’s banned from the league.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I have been living under a rock and do not even know what Hill has done. It sounds like I have read enough on here to discern his recent crimes. If there is a video or physical evidence of what I think it is, I am not sure I would even want to see it. I might look a little further into it, but it sounds like Hill is a real messed up human being.

However, AP's situation is a bit different. When you are raised being beaten and spanked and neglected(abuse IMO) and freely admit to your own doings with your own child, it becomes more cyclical in nature and AP had to be taught not to be an asshole. I am not excusing what he did and neither is he(I think). He literally was like "I beat my kid what is wrong? lol I drew blood on his butt, what is wrong? And society had to say "No motherfucker, you are wrong." And I think he got the point. And has taken steps to raise his children better. Again, not excusing AP at all.

But repeat offenders that never learn and never change are destined for where they belong. The pokie or 6 feet in the dirt.

Just my 2 cents there. And again, I am not even sure what Hill did. I just posted the AP pic to remind folks, the NFL gives 2nd chances to pretty much everyone these days.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I have been living under a rock and do not even know what Hill has done. It sounds like I have read enough on here to discern his recent crimes. If there is a video or physical evidence of what I think it is, I am not sure I would even want to see it. I might look a little further into it, but it sounds like Hill is a real messed up human being.

However, AP's situation is a bit different. When you are raised being beaten and spanked and neglected(abuse IMO) and freely admit to your own doings with your own child, it becomes more cyclical in nature and AP had to be taught not to be an asshole. I am not excusing what he did and neither is he(I think). He literally was like "I beat my kid what is wrong? lol I drew blood on his butt, what is wrong? And society had to say "No motherfucker, you are wrong." And I think he got the point. And has taken steps to raise his children better. Again, not excusing AP at all.

But repeat offenders that never learn and never change are destined for where they belong. The pokie or 6 feet in the dirt.

Just my 2 cents there. And again, I am not even sure what Hill did. I just posted the AP pic to remind folks, the NFL gives 2nd chances to pretty much everyone these days.

Hill broke his kid’s arm, lied to police about it, punished his 3-year-old son by making him “open up,” then punching him in the chest, beats him with a belt (somehow the least egregious allegation) and generally makes his young son terrified of him in a home that should be a sanctuary for a young child, all while telling the child’s mom, “You need to be terrified of me too, bitch!” The same woman who he choked out to the point of unconsciousness and punched in the stomach four years ago while the woman was pregnant with the same child he’s now accused of abusing.

Allegedly.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
This guy is scum....and odds are half this board will hope the Bears sign him.

Does KC just like to sign the scum of the Earth or what? Just another reason to root against them I suppose.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Let's add that the news station that leaked the audio now presented evidence that he beated the mother just this week.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Tyreek Hill may not be done in the NFL. Some text messages between Hill and his baby mama have surfaced where she takes all of the blame for what happened to the son. The Chiefs don't plan on cutting Hill at least not until they learn of the punishment. This part I kinda agree with the Chiefs. Why cut a good player only for another team to pick him up after he served his suspension. Chiefs are going with "we either have him or nobody does" strategy.

Text exchange between Hill and his baby mama.

Hill: “Crystal you know I didn’t cause any bruising or harm to [our son.] But for some reason I still may be charged,”

Baby Mama: “I know you didn’t. I did. I hurt [our son.] I’m the one that did it...I was hurt and mad at you so I blamed you for everything.”

https://nypost.com/2019/05/02/tyreek-hill-fights-back-in-letter-childs-mother-is-to-blame/