dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...icial-i-think?campaign=Facebook_atl_coppinger

After failing to latch on with an NFL team since 2011, Vince Young has decided to call it a career.

The enigmatic quarterback told Brent Carney of KXAN-TV in Austin, Texas, of his intentions to retire from the NFL, just one month after the Browns released him following a 12-day stint.

"It's definitely official I think in my book," Young said Saturday. "Unless we get a great opportunity, something guaranteed ... other than that I've started moving forward in some things."

Young said he plans to go work for the University of Texas in some capacity, the school he led to a BCS National Championship in 2005 while setting numerous university and BCS records.

After the title win, Young sprung up draft boards and was selected by the Tennessee Titans No. 3 overall in the 2006 draft. He was impressive out of the gate, using the same skills he displayed at Texas -- arm strength, speed and athleticism -- to take defenses by storm. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and also earned Pro Bowl nod.

Young made the Pro Bowl again in 2009, but was released by the Titans following the 2010 season after an altercation with Jeff Fisher.

Young backed up Michael Vick in Philly in 2011, starting three games, but wasn't re-signed. He was on the offseason rosters of the Bills (2012) and Packers (2013), but he never played another NFL down.

Young's running ability posed a dangerous element to defenses, but he had a propensity for erratic play and glaring mistakes. Ultimately, Young's career unraveled due to off-field problems and a reputation as a coach-killer.

In 2008, an emotionally distraught Young disappeared from his home and couldn't be found for four hours in a bizarre episode. Young was apparently upset after being booed by fans at home, and Fisher eventually called police.

"I had my ups and downs," Young said. "I made the mistake of getting in to it with my coach and that kind of hurt me a whole lot. When you go to different teams, they already have a bad perception of you. When that's out there, there's nothing you can do."

The QB leaves the game with a sparkling starting record of 31-19. He passed for just shy of 9,000 career yards with 46 touchdowns passes (he rushed for 12 more) and 51 interceptions.

And this is thread worthy why???

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Can one actually retire after being, by all intents an purposes, unemployed for three years? Or would that just be "life as usual?"

After being out of a job for months, I considered retirement. Then I found work.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Its a shame he got black balled. He did it to himself yes but he's better than a LOT of #2's in the league right now.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Can he play LB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Blackballed my ass. He's had tryouts and has been signed every year only to get cut. Played for the Jets in 2012, signed with the Pack last year and missed the cut. Signed with Cleveland this year and also cut. When you're blackballed, you don't get a sniff. Last game that he actually played for NY, he threw one TD and four INTs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Blackballed my ass. He's had tryouts and has been signed every year only to get cut. Played for the Jets in 2012, signed with the Pack last year and missed the cut. Signed with Cleveland this year and also cut. When you're blackballed, you don't get a sniff. Last game that he actually played for NY, he threw one TD and four INTs.

Quoted for truth. Realistically, Young's heart wasn't in the game. He never put in the work and thought he could live off raw talent.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Timeline of VY's career

vince_young.jpg

vince-young-patron.jpg

vy.jpg

2vsi80p.jpg

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Signed only to be cut. Blackballed. See Jeff George.

Guys like this are signed easily upon tryout because they are good. But they are always cut because they got blackballed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
are you like the paraprofessional football message board vigilante? Please provide your requirements for off-season threads so we can all be on the same page as your bitchy ass

Gosh you're such a assy bitch

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
Can one actually retire after being, by all intents an purposes, unemployed for three years? Or would that just be "life as usual?"

LOL too true, I have also decided to announcement my retirement from football since no team has decided to pick me up after 11 years

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not me. I'm still holding out hope after 40 years of eligibility.