OT: Who Do You Suspect Is Still Using PEDS?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
p-535943-jim-thome-baseball-card-1992-score-rookie-4-cleveland-indians-rookie-card-aw-47333.jpg

Jim-Thome.jpg

Given those two poses, it looks like moral aging, with some regimine of a work out and donuts. Yes. Donuts. :)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think Jim Hendry is roiding, was able to up his power numbers from being a GM of a laughing stock to a guy who gets paid to do nothing for the Yankees.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Anyway, Bautista revealed over the off-season that he had been tested 13 times since his power spike, so I'm not sure... think he'd have been caught by now

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyway, Bautista revealed over the off-season that he had been tested 13 times since his power spike, so I'm not sure... think he'd have been caught by now

That's what I said but apparently I am naive

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

again. with the right trainer, the right drug combo players can pass. the players will always be one step ahead now that testing is so vital. thats why the mlb tests for drugs that will give false readings....see manny ramirez. but to think because according to him... 13 tests, dont assume that he is clean. some players know how to work it a little bit better.

Sent from my USCfans guide to being an uneducated baseball fan using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I said but apparently I am naive

its called "masking" some players do it right and not get caught while others get caught. masking is huge in baseball. thats why i said youre naive. id also like to hear that he was tested 13 times by the mlb and not him.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely agree with Dews. I bet it's safe to assume that easily more then 35% of players in the MLB have used something illegal in the past 2-3 years. Just listen to the interview with the Balco president after this latest incident with Melky Cabrera. The guy states that you have to be an idiot to get caught now-a-days with all of the masking that is done with these designer drugs. Hell, a lot of these drugs don't even have tests to detect them because they are so new. I'd also be willing to bet that over 75% of the illegal drug use in baseball isn't your sterotypical "steroids" but more along the lines of cutting edge HGH-type drugs that are there to improve your energy and ability to heal. On a day-to-day basis, they don't "jack" you up like steroids do so it isn't noticeable and you have the energy and durability to get at your best every single game, alongside all of the other preparation professional athletes do - exercise, weight lifting, eating properly, etc.

Baseball is crooked, it has for hundreds of years, and a few years of steroid and HGH testing isn't going to change that. The designer drug industry is just too current and too good at masking that it's almost impossible for the testing to keep up.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely agree with Dews. I bet it's safe to assume that easily more then 35% of players in the MLB have used something illegal in the past 2-3 years. Just listen to the interview with the Balco president after this latest incident with Melky Cabrera. The guy states that you have to be an idiot to get caught now-a-days with all of the masking that is done with these designer drugs. Hell, a lot of these drugs don't even have tests to detect them because they are so new. I'd also be willing to bet that over 75% of the illegal drug use in baseball isn't your sterotypical "steroids" but more along the lines of cutting edge HGH-type drugs that are there to improve your energy and ability to heal. On a day-to-day basis, they don't "jack" you up like steroids do so it isn't noticeable and you have the energy and durability to get at your best every single game, alongside all of the other preparation professional athletes do - exercise, weight lifting, eating properly, etc.

Baseball is crooked, it has for hundreds of years, and a few years of steroid and HGH testing isn't going to change that. The designer drug industry is just too current and too good at masking that it's almost impossible for the testing to keep up.

exactly. the players will always be ahead of the testing. and you are right, it isnt your stereotypical needle of roids in the ass.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yet by far wouldn't one say baseball is the hardest tester, biggest punisher among the four?

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet by far wouldn't one say baseball is the hardest tester, biggest punisher among the four?

I would say they're the bigger tester, the point everyone else is making is that it doesn't matter because the drugs/drug companies are ahead of the game

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The other thing though with new drugs is there is not enough evidence that there is benefit and how much of a benefit there is.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And depending on the number of pitchers involved, I have yet to see convincing evidence that overall it makes any difference in the majors.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
And depending on the number of pitchers involved, I have yet to see convincing evidence that overall it makes any difference in the majors.

:confused: you just went completely off the convo, we were talking about testing, now how effective the drugs are? one topic at a time :lol:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:confused: you just went completely off the convo, we were talking about testing, now how effective the drugs are? one topic at a time :lol:

he is now DR Brett. lol!!

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
The problem that I see with Braun and people who suspect he's still on steroids etc is that he wasn't someone like Melkey Cabrera who just all of a sudden went from an average player to the ASG MVP in one season.

Braun has been as consistent as he ever was since he came up his rookie season. He's always hit around or above .300 always had 30+ HR's etc. It's not like he was some average player who turned into a .330/30/100 type of player in one season. You know he's going to get tested a lot this season and he's hit as many HR's this season as he did last year already and his average is like .306 even with the loss of Fielder.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem that I see with Braun and people who suspect he's still on steroids etc is that he wasn't someone like Melkey Cabrera who just all of a sudden went from an average player to the ASG MVP in one season.

Braun has been as consistent as he ever was since he came up his rookie season. He's always hit around or above .300 always had 30+ HR's etc. It's not like he was some average player who turned into a .330/30/100 type of player in one season. You know he's going to get tested a lot this season and he's hit as many HR's this season as he did last year already and his average is like .306 even with the loss of Fielder.

good points. the only thing I can say to that is...what if he was on them his whole career? not saying he was or anything but thats what other fans will say.