Otto Porter is now a Bull

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I don’t lack any comprehension, simply asked you to clarify your stance which you have now done. There’s a lot of people who seem to think he can’t develop anymore beyond where he is right now, as evidence by the guy that responded “no” when I asked that very question. I’m also aware of why he starts for the bulls, my point was if he played on a better team and was the 6th man, he would already be in the running for the award...thus, making him already at that level of development

Of course his game is built of his youth and athleticism right now, but as long as he keeps developing his game...he can beat the curve on when he starts to lose a step over time. People used to critique Lebrun, wade, even Jordan with the same thing. Yeah, he’s great...but when he ages how will he stay great? Now don’t get it twisted and act like I’m comparing Zach to any of those guys level. Just pointing out guys can find ways to adapt as they age...if none ever did, then the league would be made up of all 20 somethings

On a quality team Lavine is not getting as many touches and his minutes are going to be reduced because he cannot/does not pass or play D.

Lavine is precisely the type of player that puts up an inflated scoring line on a crappy team, and that's about it.

BTW, who really cares how much Lavine sucks or not - this team is not going anywhere with him or without him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
On a quality team Lavine is not getting as many touches and his minutes are going to be reduced because he cannot/does not pass or play D.

Lavine is precisely the type of player that puts up an inflated scoring line on a crappy team, and that's about it.

BTW, who really cares how much Lavine sucks or not - this team is not going anywhere with him or without him.

He would still get a solid 25 min off the bench for a good team and score around 18 a game doing so. That puts you in the conversation for 6th man of the year.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
He would still get a solid 25 min off the bench for a good team and score around 18 a game doing so. That puts you in the conversation for 6th man of the year.

Yes, we agree - he is an ideal 6th man.

Stepping back, for the sake of perspective, here's how i see the roster: LM is a solid starter for most NBA teams, barring injury he will have a very nice career. But he will slot in as the 4th best player on any team competing for a title, what I'm saying is a legit contender needs 3 guys with more talent than LM to play in the finals, with LM as the 4th guy plus a good bench.

So, we are only 3 star players plus a HC away from title contention.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, we agree - he is an ideal 6th man.

Stepping back, for the sake of perspective, here's how i see the roster: LM is a solid starter for most NBA teams, barring injury he will have a very nice career. But he will slot in as the 4th best player on any team competing for a title, what I'm saying is a legit contender needs 3 guys with more talent than LM to play in the finals, with LM as the 4th guy plus a good bench.

So, we are only 3 star players plus a HC away from title contention.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if someone subscribes to your theory on LM. I don’t, however.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
GS: Curry, Durant, Thompson
76ers: Embiid, Simmons, Butler/Harris

Above are of partial rosters of title contending teams. You tell me whether LM cracks the top-3 on either team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Above are of partial rosters of title contending teams. You tell me whether LM cracks the top-3 on either team.

Way to look at things strictly through the lens of 2019. I’m talking about the potential he has. Comparing a developing player to guys that have been in the league for years and are fully developed makes zero sense.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Neither team has a solid 4 so of course he would fit on the team, I mean, it still takes 5 to be on the court at a time no?

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Way to look at things strictly through the lens of 2019. I’m talking about the potential he has. Comparing a developing player to guys that have been in the league for years and are fully developed makes zero sense.

Other players also develop, not only ours. Simmons, Embiid, Harris are all going to get better. And on no planet will LM ever develop to the level of Curry/Durant/Thompson, so my point stands.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Neither team has a solid 4 so of course he would fit on the team, I mean, it still takes 5 to be on the court at a time no?

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the underlying conversation, which is we need 3 players better than LM to contend for a title.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say you need 3 guys better than LM but maybe 2 guys if not 1 legit go to option and a #2 option who is on the same level as LM. That's why the bulls need the top pick and Zion and I wouldn't mind trying to trade for D. Smith Jr. if the Knicks sign Kyrie.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Think of the Bulls' run, and that of GS.

LM is not in the same orbit (and never will be) as Pippen and Durant.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don’t really get all the Lauri negativity. He’s 21 years old and should only get better for years to come. Hell, his 2nd year numbers are close to Dirk’s 2nd year numbers. Dirk was also 21 in his 2nd year.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Think of the Bulls' run, and that of GS.

LM is not in the same orbit (and never will be) as Pippen and Durant.

Is LM the type of big that Lebron would like to play with due to his 3 point shooting?

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don’t really get all the Lauri negativity. He’s 21 years old and should only get better for years to come. Hell, his 2nd year numbers are close to Dirk’s 2nd year numbers. Dirk was also 21 in his 2nd year.

I have not read any LM negativity on this board. I think he's going to be top-10 or top-12 at his position, but short of a franchise player.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Is LM the type of big that Lebron would like to play with due to his 3 point shooting?

Yup, hopefully a better version of Kevin Love.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I don’t get it either. And actually LM is putting up more points and rebounds per game than dirk in his 2nd year age 21, while playing less min per game. The kid has crazy potential

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Sure, but that has nothing to do with the underlying conversation, which is we need 3 players better than LM to contend for a title.

at different positions.

Look at it this way, there is an expansion team, and they are allowed to pick one guy at each position, cant take two from one team. All are open, which 4 are you putting in front of him? Aldridge in the sunset of his career? The thug green? Blake Griffin? 1,2, 3's there are plenty of choices, but a 4 that is 7 feet that can shoot the 3 at a high percentage and handle the ball up the court?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Other players also develop, not only ours. Simmons, Embiid, Harris are all going to get better. And on no planet will LM ever develop to the level of Curry/Durant/Thompson, so my point stands.

Lol so your point is that LM will never be a top 5 player in the league...how insightful.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Lol so your point is that LM will never be a top 5 player in the league...how insightful.

Yeah, no one said that other than you.

And your other post was also a straw man - no one was negative on LM.

You are inventing reasons to defend LM so you can crow-bar your fan-boy love of him. Have at it.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
at different positions.

Look at it this way, there is an expansion team, and they are allowed to pick one guy at each position, cant take two from one team. All are open, which 4 are you putting in front of him? Aldridge in the sunset of his career? The thug green? Blake Griffin? 1,2, 3's there are plenty of choices, but a 4 that is 7 feet that can shoot the 3 at a high percentage and handle the ball up the court?

No one is arguing that LM is not a talent. I said he's not a franchise player and I don't think his ceiling reaches that high, that is all.