Ozzie Fires Back About Thome

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Exactly, dew just happens to be dumber than the average motherfucker. See? It's all just relative, dew.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about? People bash Ozzie because he does stupid things that hurt the team, like his decision to not bring back Thome in favor of Mark fucking Kotsay. Now, exactly why it was left up to this buffoon in the first place is a different matter (personally, I think the owner is a closeted meatball that won't let Kenny fire the manager [who also happens to be one of his buddies] for his miscues and told him to make this Ozzie's team), but don't make it out like people are coming out of left field with completely ludicrous arguments against Ozzie and his practices.
ozzie.jpg

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
This "well look at what everyone else is doing relative to Ozzie" argument is as lazy as they come. Just because a larger group of managers cost their respective teams runs by trying to steal and bunt too often isn't a very good reason to accept stealing and bunting to the point of costing yourself runs. Especially so because the solution to the cost runs isn't spending more time in the cages or in the bullpen as it would be for a player, it's as simple as "don't do those things".

I have no idea why fans are eager to both quickly identify the status quo (managers cost their teams runs) and accept it (since everyone does it, Ozzie isn't really that bad) in defense of Ozzie. It really boggles my mind.

All I'm saying is, show me a high profile coach from NCAA to pro leagues, and I'll show you fans who have a problem with him.

I wish we had Thome still, probably was a mistake to let him go. But hindsight is always 20/20. I seem to remember reading posts by fans on the chisox forum bashing Thome last year and the year before, if he didn't go yard every at bat, people wanted him gone.