Pace not matching offer for Meredith

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stupid move not to match the offer.

Opens up another need before the draft where the Bears are already short on resources.

If you did not plan to match the offer then they should have tendered him at the higher price.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Opens up another need before the draft where the Bears are already short on resources.

If you did not plan to match the offer then they should have tendered him at the higher price.

Bears are gonna need to draft a #2 WR.

#1BearsF@n

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of this move either. I saw a lot of potential in Cam and liked that we may have found a gem in the rough. Like Windy said, now we have another hole to fill, doesn't make any sense where I'm sitting.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They know Meredith better than any other team. Either he wasn't high in their plans, or there was still concern about the knee.

Not offering the 2nd round tender was obvious to me that they wouldn't match the Saints' offer. C'est la vie.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

How would they have known the price at that time??

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why was our decision not to match based on injury when pace has always signed people with past injuries?