Parity might bite Giants, Lions; Bears, Panthers set to pounce

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL.com news: Parity might bite Giants, Lions; Bears, Panthers set to pounce

bears_lions_120419_WIDE.jpg

Count out the Lions; Bears will rise
Although they seem to be a team on the rise, I think the Lions are vulnerable and won't make the playoffs, using the schedule as the basis for this call. They have four sets of back-to-back road games -- an odd twist -- and six of those road games come before Week 11. The three home games in that stretch -- St. Louis, Minnesota and Seattle -- are very winnable. Things seemingly break their way late with five of the final seven games at home, but those games are against Green Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta and Chicago. That's a rugged stretch.

The Bears will take Detroit's place, as the games against stronger opponents on their schedule are bracketed by seemingly weaker foes. For example, they play the Colts to open the season, then play at Green Bay, then play host to the Rams and then travel to Dallas and Jacksonville. Three of the final four games are on the road, but it's a manageable stretch: at Minnesota, home against Green Bay, at Arizona and at Detroit.

Taking the Giants' place in the 2012 postseason will be the Chicago Bears. They have home games against Indianapolis and St. Louis, with an away tilt at Jacksonville in the first five weeks. 4-1 isn't out of the question. In the final six weeks, they get the Vikings twice, a home game against Seattle and a roadie at Arizona. You talk about being set up to start and finish well, that's the Bears. As long as Jay Cutler stays healthy, Chicago could actually win the NFC North outright.

:fist:

Last edited:

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
I like everyone in the media hopping on the bears bandwagon, cough Trent cough. I won't make any predictions till they play the first regular season game.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Bears should win 11 games on that schedule alone.

Unless, out of nowhere, someone wins 11+ games they should be a guarantee playoff team before week 1 kick off.