Pau Gasol is 50x better than Carlos Boozer

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
In pretty much every single facet of the game. What a difference a TRUE post presence who can get his own shot makes to a team.

This win was super impressive. Aaron Brooks looks like the next generation of small guards that Thibs has rejuvenated. McDermott and Mirotic are going to play major roles throughout the year. They are going to be very important in floor spacing. Taj's offensive arsenal just keeps getting bigger and better.

D Rose let the game come to him for the most part. Only took 7 jump shots and all of them were pretty good looks. He really picked up the pace and caused havoc in transition in that 3rd quarter getting some easy looks for the rest of the team and for himself. Really want to see that continue. He seemed a bit hesitant on those 3's. Didn't get his legs quite underneath him. Looked great going to the rim although he missed 2 layups he would normally hit. That will come.

Super impressed from an offensive standpoint with ball movement and execution. Defensively still really good if not better than last year with the 2 7 footers down low. Butler still to come back as well.

This team made a statement tonight that it is a true contender for that crown.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I agree.

But don't get too far ahead. We played the Knicks, who are facing a total identity crisis as far as their schemes and the right players to make those schemes happen.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
81 games more to go, but definitely showed that the potential is there.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I agree.

But don't get too far ahead. We played the Knicks, who are facing a total identity crisis as far as their schemes and the right players to make those schemes happen.

I'm not. Just stating what I saw. I don't think anything I said was too far fetched. I was very interested to see how well this team would perform offensively and it performed magnificently. The Cavs game will be the true test on Friday.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls really are a true championship contender (not a favorite). The versatility of Gasol is going to be the biggest thing that helps them improve from last season. I feel like he will bring the rest of the front-court together with his high I.Q., skill, and unselfishness. He has a calming effect on teammates, and Noah has the tendency to get a bit over emotional, and Taj can get a bit erratic. It's invaluable to have a big post player that you can throw it down to when in doubt. Their offense is going to be a LOT better than the last couple of years, and will probably be the best it has been in the Rose/Noah era.

Liked Posts:
It was a great win, I really wanted them to fuck up Melo and the Knicks even though I still like Melo and respect his decision. They need to keep up this intensity for the season especially in marquee matchups. I also saw Snell starting to play with more confidence. If he does that, he'll be pretty good.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pau is slick willy out there....

Doug McD was Dominique Wilkins with his throw down in the open floor.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gasol is going to be pretty big for us this season as a low post scorer. It's an aspect that we never truly had with Boozer. Pau is a guy who will demand the ball in the post and get a basket or a foul. For all the softness remarks he's gotten over the years, he can definitely play tough if he wants to. Defensively, Thibs is funneling guys into him so he can use his length for blocks. That allows Jo to be the weak side defender, something I think he's way better at. The key will be to keep him healthy and to do that, he's gonna have to sit some games. We have the depth to do that so I hope it happens.

And for all the McBuckets haters...just keep watching. You might like this kid when it's all said and done.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My brother in law took me to the Suns game tonight against the Lakers. I told him all about Boozer. How you don't want him to put the ball on the floor, you don't want him to pass more than necessary, and he can't play D. Boozer gave example after example of what I was talking about tonight. Pau is a breath of fresh air.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the team looked very good but again the knicks are nowhere near a finished product...taj had his way with the knicks bench which was comprised of nobody's..If he can keep this up against quality big men I will be really impressed. I think the best part was seeing the bench potentially being a huge boost this season.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I totally agree with the Gasol difference, him v. boozer is a huge big massive difference. Plus it looks like Rose is seeing and distributing to shooters. I can see his scoring average (non injury year) going down significantly, per game, but this is a good thing. Assist should go up.

Put our 2nd team against any other teams 2nd team, and this may be the difference in games against top opponents. We have a lot of talent.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Pau pounding his chest after he blocked a shot at the rim up 20 in the 3rd and the bench was waiving towels at him.

If I could marry this team I would.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I totally agree with the Gasol difference, him v. boozer is a huge big massive difference. Plus it looks like Rose is seeing and distributing to shooters. I can see his scoring average (non injury year) going down significantly, per game, but this is a good thing. Assist should go up.

Put our 2nd team against any other teams 2nd team, and this may be the difference in games against top opponents. We have a lot of talent.

I think Rose learned to be a PG in FIBA, and I think Thibs learned some things about offensive flow. This time might have the best front court depth in NBA, the best PG, the best coach, a great defending SG whose offensive game is developing, and an army of SF's and back-up SG.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
We're going to be really dangerous when Mirotic gets used to the speed of the game.

McBuckets showed me some things last night.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
It was obvious in just one game how much better off we are with Gasol over Boozer. On offense unless Carlos thought the play was going to run through or to him he really didn't look for the opportunity to get in a good position. Gasol is better at seeing the play develop and where he needs to shift to get out of the way of the ball and into a place where he can be available. On defense let's be real Gasol rotated to the basket to cover an open man twice at least and that was 2 more times than Boozer ever did.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was surprised by the posters that thought Pou was not an upgrade this off season. He gives the Bulls everything that we wanted Booze to give us, with more length and a post up game.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was surprised by the posters that thought Pou was not an upgrade this off season. He gives the Bulls everything that we wanted Booze to give us, with more length and a post up game.

QFT

Anyone that thought Pou wasn't going to be a huge upgrade to boozer is an IDIOT.