Pelicans open to multi-team deals for Anthony Davis

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other thing in addition to taking back Ball, Kuzma, and the #4...

I'd like to see the Pelicans eat Felicio's contract.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Looks like lakers got Davis without using third team

Guess we get career backup of choice at 7

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that was the Bulls price of involvement they probably did the right thing, certainly the more exciting product is left over for 2019, 2020 then what was proposed above.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Thank goodness the Bulls didn't get Lonzo Ball.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Do the lakers have cap space to also lure Leonard? This just won’t be enough for them imo

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do the lakers have cap space to also lure Leonard? This just won’t be enough for them imo

No. They do have enough to offer a FA about 25-30 million though. They could bring in someone like Kemba Walker or DeAngelo Russell with that kind of money to replace Lonzo.

Kemba-LBJ-Kuzma-Davis would definitely contend for a title, now with GS all beat up.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lakers got a steal.

Ball sucks. Hart probably won't ever be anything special. Ingram always gets injured, sucks at rebounding and didn't improve THAT much in 3 years. 4th pick is unknown.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lakers got a steal.

Ball sucks. Hart probably won't ever be anything special. Ingram always gets injured, sucks at rebounding and didn't improve THAT much in 3 years. 4th pick is unknown.

4th pick is a big guess. 1. zion 2. morant 3. Barrett 4. ??

Bulls could stay at 7 and pray for Garland.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
4th pick is a big guess. 1. zion 2. morant 3. Barrett 4. ??

Bulls could stay at 7 and pray for Garland.

It could happen. Its reported that Suns are higher on White than Garland. Pels are locked at PG with Jrue and Lonzo, Cavs just took a PG last year in Sexton. That leaves Garland for us.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've read rumors online that the Bulls are trying to move up to get Garland. Supposedly, the Bulls really like him. Newest ESPN mock draft I saw after the Laker trade shows the Bulls getting De'Andre Hunter from Virginia. Don't know much about the guy except that supposedly he's another wing who plays great defense.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
From a value stand point it makes no sense. We're giving up LaVine AND #7 for Ball+4 AND having to take back Solomon Hill. Bulls are getting ripped off. Besides im hearing its Culver they are after, not Garland.

Lavine’s contract holds no value. He’s a decent player but not a tradeable asset.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lakers got a steal.

What? The Pelicans got 3 young, talented players and basically control the Lakers drafts for the next 7 years with swap options and their picks out right. That is only for 1 year of Davis. This was a hell of a trade for the Pels.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What? The Pelicans got 3 young, talented players and basically control the Lakers drafts for the next 7 years with swap options and their picks out right. That is only for 1 year of Davis. This was a hell of a trade for the Pels.
I actually think both teams won. 1 year of AD? reports are out that he's already planning on an extension with the Lakers. Lakers also got to keep Kuzma, who I think is the best of that young core. I've never been a fan of Lonzo. I think he's overrated. BI is actually pretty good and the one who I think has the highest ceiling of these young kids. Hart will be just another guy. Where I think Pels got a good deal is with all the draft picks they get in the future. If you're the Lakers, you don't care about those future picks either. Lakers also now have the cap space to add another superstar if they want to join the Lakers. It's a win-win trade for both parties.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think both teams won. 1 year of AD? reports are out that he's already planning on an extension with the Lakers. Lakers also got to keep Kuzma, who I think is the best of that young core. I've never been a fan of Lonzo. I think he's overrated. BI is actually pretty good and the one who I think has the highest ceiling of these young kids. Hart will be just another guy. Where I think Pels got a good deal is with all the draft picks they get in the future. If you're the Lakers, you don't care about those future picks either. Lakers also now have the cap space to add another superstar if they want to join the Lakers. It's a win-win trade for both parties.
Yes, one year of AD. He was a free agent next year. He is going to sign an extension, but that has nothing to do with the Pels. They gave up 1 year of AD for the haul. Lakers have been terrible at developing players. BI and Hart both seem super happy. Im not sure Ball will be in NOLA or not before its done, but him and Holiday make for maybe the best defensive back court in the game. Trade is a must win now for the Lakers. So, it was good for them. But, in a couple of years when Lebron retires. The Pels could really hamstring them. It was a massive haul for the Pels. We will see how it turns out

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
this was probably the best draft pick the pelicans will ever see from this, the rest should be in the late 20's, unless Leroy or brow get injured. I guess there is something in this that New Orleans gains cap space if this is official by the 6th, the Lakers gain cap space if it is official by the 30th.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So the Pelicans get the #4 pick this year, 2021 first round pick (protected 9-30, unprotected in 2022), right to swap picks in 2023, 2024 with an option to defer to 2025.

LeBron James will be 40 in 2025. Good chance one or some of those picks can be very good for the Pelicans.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So the Pelicans get the #4 pick this year, 2021 first round pick (protected 9-30, unprotected in 2022), right to swap picks in 2023, 2024 with an option to defer to 2025.

LeBron James will be 40 in 2025. Good chance one or some of those picks can be very good for the Pelicans.
who knows what is going to happen after the lockout, because with all these demands from players "wanting to go to......" without waiting for free agency is bound to change somehow. They demand trades, then make it impossible for a team to get the best deal with more threats about not staying where they trade him. Maybe some investigation on the team, but then allow salary relief for losing a franchise player and kick them into the lottery along with some penalty for the team that does take and resign them.