Philip Danault called up, Sharp to LTIR

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just came across on Twitter. Not exactly sure what this means for the long-term health of Sharp.

Perhaps Shaw is going to be out longer than expected?

Either way, been excited about Danault for a while and keep hearing good things out of Rockford. Glad to see him get a chance.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be concerned with what this means with Sharp. Pretty sure it is retroactive so they probably figured out that he was going to cross into the LTIR threshold, and might as well save on the cap hit because the Blackhawks keep inching closer to it with injuries.

Have to figure that the Danault call up has to do with the uninspiring play of Morin and Bickell last night. I just don't know how much longer the Blackhawks are going to wait for certain guys to turn it around. I know McNeill was recently injured for the Hogs, but he has been having a great season from everything I am seeing/reading (Have probably only watched 2 icehogs games this year, at most). Danault is going to bring a defensive presence that Q is fond of, should be interesting to see him get his first taste.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought Bickell was playing great last night, he was actually bringing energy and making scoring plays with the puck.. I thought being on a line with tryhard Smith kinda helped him out. Morin hasnt brought anything much to the season but he may not play Nordstrom in upcoming games for sure either.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I thought Bickell was playing great last night, he was actually bringing energy and making scoring plays with the puck.. I thought being on a line with tryhard Smith kinda helped him out. Morin hasnt brought anything much to the season but he may not play Nordstrom in upcoming games for sure either.

Q actually sat Bickell for most of the first period and almost all of the second (think he had 1 shift in the second). He did give him a go in the 3rd period though.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good to see Danault get a shot, was hoping McNeil would be the next, but didn't know he got injured. Hopefully Danault makes the most of this. Good to see these young kids get a shot, and if they pan out just adds more depth.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LTIR = Long term IR?

My hockey lingo fails me here

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
LTIR = Long term IR?

My hockey lingo fails me here

Correct. Hawkwriter tends to be better at this stuff than me, but I believe putting a player on LTIR can help save money against the salary cap. And the Hawks need every penny of cap space that they can attain.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Correct. Hawkwriter tends to be better at this stuff than me, but I believe putting a player on LTIR can help save money against the salary cap. And the Hawks need every penny of cap space that they can attain.

Thanks Sharp. And Obama. :mad:

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the kid looked pretty good out there tonight. Didn't really notice him on the defensive end but I think thats a good thing.

The good thing with all these injuries piling up is the kids are getting a chance to play and show what they can do.

I hope we get a baby faced D pairing in April of TVR and Clendening. Put Rosie's neolithic ass out to pasture.

Liked Posts:
I thought the kid looked pretty good out there tonight. Didn't really notice him on the defensive end but I think thats a good thing.

The good thing with all these injuries piling up is the kids are getting a chance to play and show what they can do.

I hope we get a baby faced D pairing in April of TVR and Clendening. Put Rosie's neolithic ass out to pasture.

I agree, I thought Danault looked pretty good, especially at the face-off dot. Clendening also looked really good, and got another point. I think with the potential of these young kids at Rockford (obviously Teuvo, McNeil and Dahlbeck), this not only allows the Hawks to potentially trade some useless salary (Bickell, Sharp, etc) and get us some cap relief.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I liked what I saw out of Danault kid plays hard. Showed a willingness to get to the front of the net. Did well in face-offs, and looked solid in the Defensive zone.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I agree, I thought Danault looked pretty good, especially at the face-off dot. Clendening also looked really good, and got another point. I think with the potential of these young kids at Rockford (obviously Teuvo, McNeil and Dahlbeck), this not only allows the Hawks to potentially trade some useless salary (Bickell, Sharp, etc) and get us some cap relief.

Sharp is useless salary? He may be a cap casualty next year if the salary cap doesn't go up enough...but I certainly wouldn't say he is useless salary. Sharp and his production are not going to be replaced through Rockford.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Sharp is useless salary? He may be a cap casualty next year if the salary cap doesn't go up enough...but I certainly wouldn't say he is useless salary. Sharp and his production are not going to be replaced through Rockford.

Beat me to it.

Sharp led this team in goals scored last season. I think he's on his way out of town after this season as well due to cap issues, and that'll be a very, very tough player to replace.