Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I came into this thread, bored last night. Saw the SOS. Same old really bad memories glorifying the early careers of now known elites, even if they actually didn't even have an early career like in the case of Rodgers elite bench riding. Colts fans were ripping dicks off for early Manning, Bears fans think he was born elite.

My favorite is "it". "He has it", "He doesn't have it". Fun for fans to make those early predictions, some take it too far and think their predictions are fact and then allow their early predictions to cloud their judgement from then on.
Grossman has "it", it was just a bad game in his virtual rookie year, he'll pull it out.

IMO elite is determined towards the end of a career, definitely not at the start of a career. It is definitely not determined from cloudy fan memories. And to a large point is judged against other players of the time period, there are HOF QBs that wouldn't do squat in today's NFL.
Well said.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I came into this thread, bored last night. Saw the SOS. Same old really bad memories glorifying the early careers of now known elites, even if they actually didn't even have an early career like in the case of Rodgers elite bench riding. Colts fans were ripping dicks off for early Manning, Bears fans think he was born elite.

My favorite is "it". "He has it", "He doesn't have it". Fun for fans to make those early predictions, some take it too far and think their predictions are fact and then allow their early predictions to cloud their judgement from then on.
Grossman has "it", it was just a bad game in his virtual rookie year, he'll pull it out.

IMO elite is determined towards the end of a career, definitely not at the start of a career. It is definitely not determined from cloudy fan memories. And to a large point is judged against other players of the time period, there are HOF QBs that wouldn't do squat in today's NFL.

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever read about a completely mundane topic. Even Dan Bernstein couldn't screw up such a softball topic. Yet you did. Congrats.

*Rodgers 1st year as starter = Rate+ 113
*Manning's 2nd year as starter = Rate+115
*Grossman perceived as elite at any point in his career
*Can't call QB elite until towards end of a career
*HOF QBs that wouldn't do squat in today's NFL...so they weren't elite

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Probably the dumbest thing I've ever read about a completely mundane topic. Even Dan Bernstein couldn't screw up such a softball topic. Yet you did. Congrats.

Wow, you're really great at reading comprehension there, dude. Did you graduate from 3rd grade at 18?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

I actually think this is the analysis that hits the Trubisky analysis on the head.

Synopsis:

His good moments are great/special

His bad moments are brutal

There was little in between last season

In 2019 he will either be bad or one of the elite QBs in the league depending on which way it breaks.

If you search out Brett Kollman's twitter feed he is commenting on Trubisky. He is putting together a video. His videos are my favorite on YouTube. His comments about Trubisky are interesting. I think his yet to be released video on Trubisky will be enlightening.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Rodgers first years as a starter was 2008 and his rating was a below Watson 98.3