Prospects You Like at Positions of Need

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure TE is one of the position with the largest learning curve in the NFL.

I don't really think drafting a 5th round TE helps the window
Where do you get this shit? That would be the QB position and then I'd say CB would be second. TE probably isn't even in the top 5.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Warring. Easy.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you re-watch the playoff game the Eagles treat Shaheen like an OLmen on their way to double team Cohen every rep.
yep noticed it too, YOu was watching the replay on nflnetwork this early morning weren't you? i know i was.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So Fant, Hockenson, and Irv Smith will all be long gone by 87 right?
If they start falling into the late 2nd, than hopefully Pace at least tries a trade or so, But no, these 3 will be gone before 87. If one of these guys get past pick 66, pull the trigger.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
WR...whether Pace adds another RB in the draft or not, Davis is solid and Cohen will continue to do what he does. I don't think Burton will live up to his contract, but is a serviceable TE. WR on the other hand has the higher probability of flopping or holding the offense back.
yea but....we really don't know that.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ZERO WR with 1000 yards.....Robinson was the Bears leading WR and he ranked 38th in yards in the NFL. How is that not flopping for a group as a whole? That WR group is average, sure they can improve, but if I had to guess which position group would likely flop and hold back the offense...my money is on WR. The TE group won't hold the offense back if they are mediocre or flop. The RB group isn't likely to flop because Cohen is an asset as a runner and receiver and Davis is good enough to be effective. With this being a passing league, yes the WR group has the greatest chance of flopping and holding the offense back.

It is good to see you back off the Patterson produces line to now saying he is a nice depth piece. Depth piece or not, he is just a returner not a WR...as a WR he is garbage

You're fighting the wrong battle here.

A.R. only play 13 games and had 94 targets this season. He should easily pass those number this season.
Wims is promising, Caught everything as of late when he finally had the chance and proved to all of us in a very important game also while looking better then K.White ever did.
Miller is a GAWD..don't get strange.
Gabriel is better than just reliable..a safe bet. Good hands for a speedy guy.
Marvin Hall is good, better than what any of you guys know because ya'll don't watch enough football. He ain't here to just return kicks also, ATL was too deep at the WR position to even play Hall. Loved the signing, so under the radar. Bears' quite low-key steal signing of the year.
Patterson..Flashes here and there. I'm not gonna tell you that he's gonna blow your mind but he gonna make us happy when we need it the most. Patterson has that will ..the clutch and we need that.

6 WR's. we're fine not great but better then 24 other teams.

Now onto RB's..
Where are you getting this Davis love from? Seattle barely knows the guy themselves. Seen him play a lot, reminds me of Alex Collins(2018), NOTHING SPECIAL.
Cohen, the hype eventually dies out without a true #1 RB

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think Nate Davis, OG from Charlotte, is a good fit in the 4th or so to replace Long after this year.

I've been a big fan of Darnell Savage, S from Maryland, for a while but he's blown up and will be gone by 87.

I think Ogu Amadi is the type of DB Pace would take in the mid rounds.

There tight ends to target at every slot, it's one of the stronger position groups this year imo.

Such an interesting year for RBs. I don't really love any of them, but there are probably a dozen who can be good players in the right system. I have a feeling that if they go RB early it will be either Trayvon Williams (because he is a great in pass protection and serviceable in all other areas) or Mike Weber, who is just a good all around back. I think Sanders and Henderson will be too rich for the Bears.

I don't think any position would surprise me in any round. I'd say there's even a chance that Pace scoops up a DL or OLB who falls and he identifies as the best player on the board at 87.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who are the prospects that you like at obvious positions of need both at 87 and after.

TE

87: Sternberger, Knox, Oliver, Warring

Later: Moreau, Hurd

There are some physical freaks that should be around the 87 range at TE. Knox, Oliver, Warring are all big time athletes. I think Moreau is ultra solid and that Jalen Hurd moving from supersized WR to U TE could be interesting.

RB

87: T. Williams, D Harris

Later: D Ozigbo, M Weber, J Williams, D Williams [if they think they can work on the hands]

They have done a ton of work on all of theses guys so who know where they take one. I really like Harris and Williams, but with the depth I will not be shocked if they leave it till day 3. Ozigbo has the physical tools and Weber is just solid as hell.

CB

87: J Dean, I Johnson, S Bunting

Later: C Balletine, J Moreland, D Baity

Most of these guys are size-speed guys who need development, but with a year to develop them barring health the Bears should try and find someone who can come in and start for them in 2020 with the physical tools for the outside.
I think those positions will likely be addressed though I would expand CB to DB and it could be any order.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
RB
Not sure if Darrell Henderson or Miles Sanders will be available.

Elijah Holyfield - Georgia
Bryce Love - Stanford
Qadree Ollison - Pittsburgh
Myles Gaskin - Washington

Edge
Sutton Smith - NIU

Defensive End
Charles Omenihu - Texas

Safety
Amani Hooker - Iowa

Wide Out - I know it's not a need
David Sills - West Virginia

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
RB
87- Montgomery, Henderson, Sanders. None of them may be there, but I don't think I'd take any other RB at 87.

Later- Devin Singletary, Trayveon Williams, Jalin Moore, Rodney Anderson. Singletary is slow, but can do all the things Nagy wants a RB to do. Williams I think is a 4th round guy. Moore is a poor man's Shady McCoy. Anderson may actually be the most well-rounded RB in this class. So many injuries though, including coming off an ACL.

OL-
87- None unless someone really falls. I think there's 5-6 guys in the top 35, then almost nothing from 40-100

Later- Oli Udoh, Max Scharping, Tytus Howard, Tyler Roemer, Martez Ivey, Nate Davis. Bunch of small school guys here, except for Ivey, who was an underachieving 5-star recruit. With the starting 5 OL back, and Hiestand as the OL coach, small school and highly recruited guys are extremely intriguing to me.

DB
87- Likely that guys like Savage, Thornhill, Hooker, and Gardner-Johnson could all be gone, but if any are there.....and those top 4 RBs are gone, this is a run to the podium moment.

Later- Jimmy Moreland, Iman Marshall, Will Harris, Mark Fields, Ka'Dar Holliman, Mike Edwards, Sheldrick Redwine, Marvell Tell, Saquon Hampton. Other than Marshall (a 5-star recruit) and Edwards, these are guys that are great athletes and at the very least can help a team on special teams while you figure out their role. A couple of nickel guys, a couple safeties that need some coaching but have the versatility to play near the LOS and cover the slot. Not a lot of outside CBs after the 3rd

Edge
87- Christian Miller, Maxx Crosby, Oshane Ximines, Ben Banogu. These guys are getting talked about a lot recently, so I could see none of them being available.

Later- Justin Hollins, Jordan Brailford, Derek Roberson, Markus Jones. Again, on the last day of the draft, I'm looking for athletes. A couple of bigger school guys who need some work. A couple of small school guys in the Roy Robertson Harris mold. I think these are guy that you can hide at the back of the 53-man roster for 2019, maybe use them on special teams or essentially redshirt them. Then in 2020, you can start to get decent value out of them.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
ZERO WR with 1000 yards.....Robinson was the Bears leading WR and he ranked 38th in yards in the NFL. How is that not flopping for a group as a whole? That WR group is average, sure they can improve, but if I had to guess which position group would likely flop and hold back the offense...my money is on WR. The TE group won't hold the offense back if they are mediocre or flop. The RB group isn't likely to flop because Cohen is an asset as a runner and receiver and Davis is good enough to be effective. With this being a passing league, yes the WR group has the greatest chance of flopping and holding the offense back.

It is good to see you back off the Patterson produces line to now saying he is a nice depth piece. Depth piece or not, he is just a returner not a WR...as a WR he is garbage
I'm a little surprised at your low assessment of the WR corp. But I understand it too.

Allen Robinson
Anthony Miller
Taylor Gabriel
Javon Wims
Cordarrelle Patterson
Marvin Hall Jr.

Robinson under performed, but he was coming back slow from an ACL. You saw some of his plays in the last quarter of the year, he is very good. I just thought he was way under targeted in the last half of the year. He'll be a yr removed from the ACL without reinjury last year.

Miller is going to be a top WR. Even after he dislocated his shoulder early in the year, he was still playing well. He reinjured it two more times. He should be tip top.

Gabriel wasn't the deep bomb guy we were hoping for, but he turned out to be a really good and productive #2 route running receiver with great hands, impressed the heck out of me.

Wims demonstrated his excellent size, catch radius and hands. I think he was very under utilised.

Patterson -- did you checkout the highlight tape from his Patriots season? The big dude can play. Patterson is perfect for all those endaround runs Nagy had poor fragile Gabriel and Miller run. Patterson made some nice rec for the Patriots too. He's got good hands. He's not going to be a primary pass target, but he's going to be a valuable offensive asset with rushes and mismatches.

Hall is a speedster with nice hands. He should stretch the field. Pair him with Gabriel and I'm not sure a team will have two CB that can keep up, the two could really stretch the field to open up the middle.

Anyway, I think this is a fine and diverse WR corp, especially when add Cohen, Burton and Shaheen to it.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We also don't know how good a rookie RB will be but everyone wants to draft one
Never wanted to draft a RB before trading Howard. Don't get it twisted. But might as well now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nate Davis would give the power run game some juice. He can move people.

I like Max Scharping as a move inside to OG guy. He is big, physical and technically really good.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I am with you in that I'm skeptical at how our any WR will individually improve in year 2, but I'm optimistic with them as a group because any one of them can have a big game. I do want to say that I disagree with your metric RE any one receiver being over 1000 yards.

A lot of WRs are going to pitch in at different times, and Miller and Gabriel have the speed to explode into huge plays (and I am compelled to consider Cohen's receiving as part of the receiver group, but that's not pivotal here). But on the season, a small step forward can take Trubisky from 3000 passing yards to 4000. One more yard per catch for one receiver, one more catch per game for another, just small improvements all around.

To point back to the topic; Bringing in a good RB would do more for our continued success than WR.

Don't take my criticism of the WR group as not feeling they can improve. There is talent there in Robinson and Miller. But the question Windy asked was which position group is most likely to flop and hold the offense back. Nagy's offense is pass focused, which is why he needs pass catching RB's. Cohen fits that mold and Davis is not a liability in that department when on the field, so I don't think it is likely they flop. The TE group IMO flopped last year and they did not hold back the offense. I can see that group improving this year, but if they don't and they flop...that won't hold the offense back again. The WR group fell short of expectations, Robinson was the big name FA (before Mack), Miller was hyped all training camp, Gabriel is nothing more than a complimentary player. Again I am hoping they improve, but if they flop...that will have an impact on the offense. Which is the point that keeps getting missed, this isn't hate on the WR group...this is just the reality of the offense.

yea but....we really don't know that.

It's funny you say that, but have more confidence in Wims and Miller. What have they done more than Davis?

You're fighting the wrong battle here.

A.R. only play 13 games and had 94 targets this season. He should easily pass those number this season.
Wims is promising, Caught everything as of late when he finally had the chance and proved to all of us in a very important game also while looking better then K.White ever did.
Miller is a GAWD..don't get strange.
Gabriel is better than just reliable..a safe bet. Good hands for a speedy guy.
Marvin Hall is good, better than what any of you guys know because ya'll don't watch enough football. He ain't here to just return kicks also, ATL was too deep at the WR position to even play Hall. Loved the signing, so under the radar. Bears' quite low-key steal signing of the year.
Patterson..Flashes here and there. I'm not gonna tell you that he's gonna blow your mind but he gonna make us happy when we need it the most. Patterson has that will ..the clutch and we need that.

6 WR's. we're fine not great but better then 24 other teams.

Now onto RB's..
Where are you getting this Davis love from? Seattle barely knows the guy themselves. Seen him play a lot, reminds me of Alex Collins(2018), NOTHING SPECIAL.
Cohen, the hype eventually dies out without a true #1 RB

AR was averaging 58 yards a game, at that rate he still wouldn't have gone over 1000 yards. I hope he does pass those numbers this season and I expect he does. But he was underwhelming this past season.

Wims is promising? 4 receptions on 5 targets for 32 yards....that was his total stats for the season including playoffs. How the hell can anyone make a determination from 1 game with 4 catches?

Miller is the one you should have said was promising, he was battling injury most of the season but flashed signs on the field that when healthy he could be pretty good. But still an injury riddled rookie year does not create a lot of confidence to say this group wouldn't flop.

As I told @gallagher Gabriel is a compliment guy...not a player you want as your top WR, but does well with a good WR opposite him. Solid

Hall is nothing more than depth and ST

Patterson is a garbage WR, is solid returner, and will be used for the gadget plays.

Again none of this is saying that WR group is the worst in the NFL, none of this is saying there isn't promising players, none of this is saying they won't improve. @WindyCity asked which position group is most likely to flop and hold back the offense, it's hard for me to say any other group other than WR.

Now onto RB's

I said Davis was solid, no where did i say he was anything more than that much less Special. I want to see the Bears upgrade the RB position, Davis is not the long term solution. But in a RBBC he is solid and is a better pass catcher than Howard was so he doesn't take away from the offense when he is on the field. If the Bears don't bring in a better RB this offseason, he will do fine. I don't think we will see any difference between Cohen from last year with Howard to Cohen this coming year with Davis...he'll be in the 1200 scrimmage yards range.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I'm a little surprised at your low assessment of the WR corp. But I understand it too.

Allen Robinson
Anthony Miller
Taylor Gabriel
Javon Wims
Cordarrelle Patterson
Marvin Hall Jr.

Robinson under performed, but he was coming back slow from an ACL. You saw some of his plays in the last quarter of the year, he is very good. I just thought he was way under targeted in the last half of the year. He'll be a yr removed from the ACL without reinjury last year.

Miller is going to be a top WR. Even after he dislocated his shoulder early in the year, he was still playing well. He reinjured it two more times. He should be tip top.

Gabriel wasn't the deep bomb guy we were hoping for, but he turned out to be a really good and productive #2 route running receiver with great hands, impressed the heck out of me.

Wims demonstrated his excellent size, catch radius and hands. I think he was very under utilised.

Patterson -- did you checkout the highlight tape from his Patriots season? The big dude can play. Patterson is perfect for all those endaround runs Nagy had poor fragile Gabriel and Miller run. Patterson made some nice rec for the Patriots too. He's got good hands. He's not going to be a primary pass target, but he's going to be a valuable offensive asset with rushes and mismatches.

Hall is a speedster with nice hands. He should stretch the field. Pair him with Gabriel and I'm not sure a team will have two CB that can keep up, the two could really stretch the field to open up the middle.

Anyway, I think this is a fine and diverse WR corp, especially when add Cohen, Burton and Shaheen to it.

VVVV

Don't take my criticism of the WR group as not feeling they can improve. There is talent there in Robinson and Miller. But the question Windy asked was which position group is most likely to flop and hold the offense back. Nagy's offense is pass focused, which is why he needs pass catching RB's. Cohen fits that mold and Davis is not a liability in that department when on the field, so I don't think it is likely they flop. The TE group IMO flopped last year and they did not hold back the offense. I can see that group improving this year, but if they don't and they flop...that won't hold the offense back again. The WR group fell short of expectations, Robinson was the big name FA (before Mack), Miller was hyped all training camp, Gabriel is nothing more than a complimentary player. Again I am hoping they improve, but if they flop...that will have an impact on the offense. Which is the point that keeps getting missed, this isn't hate on the WR group...this is just the reality of the offense.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Bears passing game is seemingly dependent on a guy who had 33 catches last year. Not a comforting thought.

I think ideally Gabriel would be a WR3, but Cohen was so good in the passing game that the Bears were able to move the ball through the air. For as much as Robinson might have 'underwhelmed' in 2018, if he gets hurt in 2019 then the Bears offense will be in an incredible bind. That Kevin White pick is still an albatross to this franchise.