Ranking Defensive Triplets Article

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Weird that the defensive triplets, which thankfully doesn’t include Trubisky, are ranked #1 yet the offensive triplets, which do include Trubisky are ranked #26. It’s almost like Trubisky isn’t a good football player

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You're talking to an idiot that has been on a PFF tirade for weeks. Don't expect anything resembling logical thoughts from him.

Although I was surprised to see they picked Roquan over Kyle Fuller. That didn't exactly make sense to me but whatever.
The Def Triplets is a DL, LB and DB. So the LB has to be Smith or Trevethan.

Not sure what they're counting OLB... which Mack is... so I guess they consider that DL, or case by case.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This Defense is loaded.

DL Hicks/ LB Trevathan/ DB Fuller would’ve been top 10ish on their own.

The three weakest starters are probably RRH, Floyd and Prince and they are solid.
Bilal Nichols will have something to say about RRH being a starter this year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Def Triplets is a DL, LB and DB. So the LB has to be Smith or Trevethan.

Not sure what their counting OLB, which Mack is, so I guess they consider that DL, or case by case.

Ahhhh okay then I see why. Then their whole triplets thing is stupid because its supposed to be the best of the squad not one from each level of the defense. At least that is how I view the whole triplets conversation.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ahhhh okay then I see why. Then their whole triplets thing is stupid because its supposed to be the best of the squad not one from each level of the defense. At least that is how I view the whole triplets conversation.

Well, the offense is positionally set (QB-RB-WR) so i suppose one from each level of the defense kinda makes sense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
QB-RB-WR) so i suppose one from each level of the defense kinda mak

Yes I understand the format now. I never bothered reading any of these triplets articles/pieces that were written because its not my cup of tea. Just saying my idea of triplets would be referring to the best three I have of any phase of the ball.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup, just as I and @CRM 114 have been saying, Trubisky is the only one holding this team back. Hopefully he gets his **** together this season.

This 'should' be his year to Shine. I am not expecting him to be MahommESQUE but at least a halfa grade better will determine that he Has Actually Grown.
I truly believe that Monty is gonna really make this O churn with Davis and Cohen less often asa runner. Should 'depressurize' and make the O less predictble

Bort

Liked Posts:
I’m very upset that it’s not Hicks DL Mack LB Jackson DB since Mack is a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I’m very upset that it’s not Hicks DL Mack LB Jackson DB since Mack is a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE.
Can't get better than Rank #1... but that would an even better Triplet.

I scanned the list of the article and they actually do list Demario Davis for 'LB', and he's an OLB. But with 5 sacks, and leading in tackles, the article author must be doing a case-by-case assessment for OLBs -- whether they are primarily passrushers or LBs. Looks like most of the LBs in the Triplets are MLBs.