Rate the last movie you watched

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Saw the dark tower. Surprised how meh it was with two stars in it.

Yeah I watched it at home and thought it was ok, but didn't wow me.

It felt like a longer/more developed book story that was difficult to boil down to 1 movie and still deliver the same experience for the content consumer.

Kinda like if you boiled down LOTR into 1 movie.... say 2.5 hrs... 45 mins for Fellowship, 45 mins for Two Towers, 1 hr for Return of the King.

Cut all non-essential characters/plot points.

Houston

Liked Posts:
It wasn't as good during the 2nd half when it got serious but I thought the 1st comedic half of Shazam was really good, and there was about a 30 minute section that was great.

The kid from IT is really good with comedy.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
Saw the dark tower. Surprised how meh it was with two stars in it.

Taking a Stephen King multi-thousand page epic series and trying to jam it into a 90 minute movie is never going to pan out well. It was just way too watered down. The casting was also bad. Idris Elba is the only one who stopped that movie from turning into a total dumpster fire.

Honestly though, my hopes were shot down before they even released the movie when I heard that Matthew McConaughey was going to be involved. I can't figure out how that guy keeps landing roles. He can't even do a fucking commercial in near silence without coming across like a bad 80's B-movie actor.

Liked Posts:
Taking a Stephen King multi-thousand page epic series and trying to jam it into a 90 minute movie is never going to pan out well. It was just way too watered down. The casting was also bad. Idris Elba is the only one who stopped that movie from turning into a total dumpster fire.

Honestly though, my hopes were shot down before they even released the movie when I heard that Matthew McConaughey was going to be involved. I can't figure out how that guy keeps landing roles. He can't even do a fucking commercial in near silence without coming across like a bad 80's B-movie actor.
Matthew McConaughey is a very good actor, every actor is in a clunky movie or two. Watch Lincoln Lawyer and Dallas Buyers Club and see if you change your mind.

He's great with commercials too, his Peace Corps radio ad makes me want to sign up.

Houston

Liked Posts:
Was doing some movie research today and learned that the Shazam director (David Sandberg) is the same guy who did that Lights Out movie and a Annabelle movie from the same Conjuring franchise that James Wan works in. Seeing how James Wan helped David get his first two jobs and then switched over to the DCEU for Aquaman right before David did the same for Shazam, I'm guessing Wan had something to do with it.

"Shocking" the respect DCEU films can get when Zack Snyder is not around and Wan takes his place.

Liked Posts:
Was doing some movie research today and learned that the Shazam director (David Sandberg) is the same guy who did that Lights Out movie and a Annabelle movie from the same Conjuring franchise that James Wan works in. Seeing how James Wan helped David get his first two jobs and then switched over to the DCEU for Aquaman right before David did the same for Shazam, I'm guessing Wan had something to do with it.

"Shocking" the respect DCEU films can get when Zack Snyder is not around and Wan takes his place.
Both Lights Out and Annabelle are awful movies.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What Spiderman would you recommend for a six year old to watch? He's a huge Spiderman fan (thanks to books) but has not seen any of the countless movies. Is there one you would recommend that isn't too "grown up" or violent?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I will only see it if my nephews want to otherwise it’s dead to me and Disney is done with Netflix and Idt I’m paying $7 a month for Disney streaming

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yeah normally I go to a Cinemark theater, but while it didn't crash, it was basically impossible to use. It would take about 10-15 minutes to load anything on the app or the website. Luckily, I got IMAX tickets through Goodrich theaters and both their website and app worked perfectly fine. It seemed like almost every major chain was having problems yesterday.
So it'll probably break Avatar's box office record.