Rate the last movie you watched

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
CURSE OF LA LLORONA 4/10.....predictable movie. Typical "BOO! horror" movie ?

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
After (wisely) avoiding it for thirty years, I watched Roadhouse last night.

I expected it to be poor writing, and a stupid story, but wow did it exceed even my low expectations. It was cliche, and sophomoric, and terribly written, directed and acted. Each scene was more ridiculous than the one before.

"It's my way or the highway", and "Everybody knows I run this town" were lines someone actually wrote, and not as parody!

I did not recall what a poor actor Patrick Swayze was. And he looked like Sir Laurence Olivier next to some of the others. The female lead was so bad, she hasn't been seen in a movie since. I honestly felt embarrassed for the people in the movie.

Mystery Science Theater 3K bad. But everyone already knew that, right?

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. St. Louis Blues
  1. Kentucky Wildcats
Road House is a bad*ss movie. Bless Patrick S! Nearly a decade since he passed!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
:unsure: Has anyone seen any recent movies.....like in the 2 weeks?

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
Fuck Road House. Every time that cult status piece of shit is on, I can't stop watching it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
:unsure: Has anyone seen any recent movies.....like in the 2 weeks?

I just saw Pet Semetary yesterday. I found it to be pretty dull and it lost my interest pretty quickly. I don't think it was a poorly made movie, but I just wasn't feeling it. I thought it was pretty stupid to be honest. I had never read the book or saw the original movie so I went into this blind. I'd be curious to see people's opinion on the movie that have seen the original 80s movie.

Houston

Liked Posts:
I've been catching up with the MCEU for Endgame, and watched Spiderman: Homecoming today. In my opinion, it's easily the best of this entire series.

Last edited:

Houston

Liked Posts:
I just saw Pet Semetary yesterday. I found it to be pretty dull and it lost my interest pretty quickly. I don't think it was a poorly made movie, but I just wasn't feeling it. I thought it was pretty stupid to be honest. I had never read the book or saw the original movie so I went into this blind. I'd be curious to see people's opinion on the movie that have seen the original 80s movie.

Pet Semetary had no through lines in terms of theme, character, logic etc...

It reminds me of a movie that came out like 2 weeks before, Captain Marvel. But where Captain Marvel was paying off things it never set up, Pet Semetary was setting up things with no payoff.

Small example of the lack of character logic:
The movie clearly establishes the mother as the one who can't deal with death, and the father (a doctor) as the one who can accept it.
Yet when the child dies, the father is the one rushing to bring it back, while the mother is against it ??? It didn't match their characters.

Also, when the parents had the early conversation with their daughter, there were themes of afterlife/death that went nowhere. Not to mention the whole sister-ghost side story just faded away, there was no end or real resolve to it, yet alone an explanation as to why she's seeing ghost anyway lol.

All in all a silly movie.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been catching up with the MCEU for Endgame, and watched Spiderman: Homecoming today. In my opinion, it's easily the best of this entire series.
after going back to rewatch the movies, I think Ragnarok is underrated. Many thought it was the worst Thor movie but I disagree. I admit I didn't like it that much the first time I watched it but I think it's a pretty good movie.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Thanks

I'm glad I didn't pay for Pet Semetary .
And I'm sorry I paid for CURSE OF LA LLORONA ( see my review) ?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
after going back to rewatch the movies, I think Ragnarok is underrated. Many thought it was the worst Thor movie but I disagree. I admit I didn't like it that much the first time I watched it but I think it's a pretty good movie.

I thought ragnarok was the best of the Thor series

By far the worst marvel movies have been iron man 2/3 captain marvel Thor 2

I’ve enjoyed the rest of them. Not all have been epic but the rest were well done

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Pet Semetary had no through lines in terms of theme, character, logic etc...

It reminds me of a movie that came out like 2 weeks before, Captain Marvel. But where Captain Marvel was paying off things it never set up, Pet Semetary was setting up things with no payoff.

Small example of the lack of character logic:
The movie clearly establishes the mother as the one who can't deal with death, and the father (a doctor) as the one who can accept it.
Yet when the child dies, the father is the one rushing to bring it back, while the mother is against it ??? It didn't match their characters.

Also, when the parents had the early conversation with their daughter, there were themes of afterlife/death that went nowhere. Not to mention the whole sister-ghost side story just faded away, there was no end or real resolve to it, yet alone an explanation as to why she's seeing ghost anyway lol.

All in all a silly movie.

Yeah I was surprised after seeing it that it had to amount of positive reviews that it has. I think last I looked it was at a 59% on rotten tomatoes which isn't great, but still that means the majority liked it. Then something like Glass is at a 37% so go figure. To each their own I suppose.

Houston

Liked Posts:
I just watched Ragnarok and it's pretty dang good. That, Homecoming, and Winter Soldier (most of it) are the movies that have really stood out to me so far.

I'm just now watching it myself, but even I knew Ragnarok was clearly considered the best of the Thor movies so I'm not sure what you're talking about dweebs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Endgame is finally here. I can't wait to see it tonight.

Well let us know if Endgame "full-price worthy" or just "matinee price worthy".
For example, I'd pay full-price ( $10) for any new 'Matrix' film

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just watched Ragnarok and it's pretty dang good. That, Homecoming, and Winter Soldier (most of it) are the movies that have really stood out to me so far.

I'm just now watching it myself, but even I knew Ragnarok was clearly considered the best of the Thor movies so I'm not sure what you're talking about dweebs.
idk...Maybe it was universally accepted but around my circle(friends and families), it was considered one of the worst movies n MCU. I think it's really good but many around me don't like it. That's why I thought it was underrated.

Saw Endgame last night. It was a good movie. Definitely worth the hype

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Loved Endgame. I don't know where I'd rank it among MCU movies or comic movies in general yet, but I can say this is now one of my favorite movies. A few minor issues here and there but that's to be expected when you have to pack this much in a movie. The Russo's did an incredible job. The only thing about the movie I didn't like was what they did with Thor.