Rate the last movie you watched

Houston

Liked Posts:
Men in Black International is bad. Really disappointed considering the talent they have acting and behind the camera. Just a poor story with little character development and bad writing. I wasn’t expecting much, but I sure didn’t think it would be as bad as MIB 2 and to my surprise, it’s even worse.

I looked up who wrote the movie afterwards and it made sense after that. Same guys that wrote Transformers Last Night, possibly the worst blockbuster I’ve ever seen in theaters. It’s crazy to think that these two wrote the first Iron Man movie. Kevin Feige must have helped a lot since everything else they’ve written is a steaming pile of shit.

Like I always say, Hollywood doesn't hire writers based off talent.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Men in Black International is bad. Really disappointed considering the talent they have acting and behind the camera. Just a poor story with little character development and bad writing. I wasn’t expecting much, but I sure didn’t think it would be as bad as MIB 2 and to my surprise, it’s even worse.

I looked up who wrote the movie afterwards and it made sense after that. Same guys that wrote Transformers Last Night, possibly the worst blockbuster I’ve ever seen in theaters. It’s crazy to think that these two wrote the first Iron Man movie. Kevin Feige must have helped a lot since everything else they’ve written is a steaming pile of shit.

Agreed

Based on several trailers, I concur the script seemed bad, as well as, the stupid non-funny jokes & quips. I was kinda' grappling with
whether to see Men in Black International or not....but now I'll avoid it.

IDK what others here think, but I find Chris Hemsworth to be a mediocre actor. He seems to be one of these ppl. Hollywood pushes based on so-called "good looks" and nothing else.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Saw Shaft. rating 6 / 10

The bad writing and poor, non funny, millennial-type
jokes took away from the movie. There was only one scene that was good ( it's interesting who did it). Don't wanna spoil it, though. Also, I didn't like the play on various stereotypes and ethnic slurs.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes lol if you like action it’s good to go. Don’t expect Grammy award winning stuff. The fight scenes were pretty good

I just caught it this morning. It has some well staged action sequences but it never engaged me. Mark Wahlberg’s character was incredibly annoying. If you have 90 minutes to burn and like action movies it’s watchable.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I just caught it this morning. It has some well staged action sequences but it never engaged me. Mark Wahlberg’s character was incredibly annoying. If you have 90 minutes to burn and like action movies it’s watchable.

OOOH.......now I remember Mile 22. I saw it a while ago.
LOL....I guess it was so bad, I forgot I saw it.

Yeah....you're right "Wahlberg’s character was incredibly annoying" . It was like his character had 10 red eye coffee's before saying his lines. He was talking a mile a minute about nothing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Godzilla.

Lots of Hollywood cliche. At least they had left wing eco-terrorists as the bad guys so there was a little drift from typical cliche.

But Godzilla v King Ghidora destroys Boston so salvageable

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Dead Don’t Die - even Bill Murray can’t save this one. Has great actors and a few funny moments but overall just pretty boring.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Stripes.....extended version....A+

Houston

Liked Posts:
I'm watching a Toy Story movie every night for the next 4.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Saw Aladdin over the weekend.
I didn't know the animated Aladdin was my daughter's favorite Disney movie (and it bothers me that I didn't know that).
I assumed that would lead to disappointment for her. (She is 20)
My 18 year old son said everything other than Will Smith stunk.

I am no Will Smith lover, but having heard complaints that he isn't as good as Robin Williams, I was actually pleasantly surprised at how he did. He wasn't outstanding, but didn't suck.

Overall, I guess I'd give it maybe a 6/10. Nothing necessarily bad about the movie, but nothing great either. They added songs for Jasmine, and they were completely forgettable.

And it was definitely too long. 2:10. It could easily have been 20 or 30 minutes shorter.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Saw Aladdin over the weekend.
I didn't know the animated Aladdin was my daughter's favorite Disney movie (and it bothers me that I didn't know that).
I assumed that would lead to disappointment for her. (She is 20)
My 18 year old son said everything other than Will Smith stunk.

I am no Will Smith lover, but having heard complaints that he isn't as good as Robin Williams, I was actually pleasantly surprised at how he did. He wasn't outstanding, but didn't suck.

Overall, I guess I'd give it maybe a 6/10. Nothing necessarily bad about the movie, but nothing great either. They added songs for Jasmine, and they were completely forgettable.

And it was definitely too long. 2:10. It could easily have been 20 or 30 minutes shorter.

See Smith in I am Legend . I strongly recommend it.
It might give ya a new perspective on his acting ability.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am no Will Smith hater either. I love him in MIB. I have seen him in a couple others and he's always OK. I guess what I should say is "I don't go to a movie simply because he is in it"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I am no Will Smith hater either. I love him in MIB. I have seen him in a couple others and he's always OK. I guess what I should say is "I don't go to a movie simply because he is in it"

I hear ya on not going cuz he's in it. I don't like his comedies.
But try to check out I am Legend . It's well written, good story-line and good acting. If u see it, I'd like to get your opinion