Realistic trades you want to see

choyne35

Liked Posts:
What is a realistic trade you want to see the cubs pull off? I think the cubs should use Amaya as a trade piece with Contreras being here for a few more years and since the cubs drafted Hearn and you would think he could possibly take over at catcher around 2022 or 2023. I do think they need a lefty reliever and another bat for sure whether it be a 2nd baseman or an outfielder but definitely something. Would love to see a Lindor and Hand combo but that is probably so far fetched but I would definitely give up Russell, Happ, Amaya and another top pitching prospect for those 2

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is a realistic trade you want to see the cubs pull off? I think the cubs should use Amaya as a trade piece with Contreras being here for a few more years and since the cubs drafted Hearn and you would think he could possibly take over at catcher around 2022 or 2023. I do think they need a lefty reliever and another bat for sure whether it be a 2nd baseman or an outfielder but definitely something. Would love to see a Lindor and Hand combo but that is probably so far fetched but I would definitely give up Russell, Happ, Amaya and another top pitching prospect for those 2
Tremendous

choyne35

Liked Posts:
What do you think it would take to get Whit Merrifield from the Royals? I know the Royals said it would take A lot but I think he would be a perfect fit for the Cubs. He can hit for average, has some pop, can steal bases and plays the positions that we are need of production at

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What do you think it would take to get Whit Merrifield from the Royals? I know the Royals said it would take A lot but I think he would be a perfect fit for the Cubs. He can hit for average, has some pop, can steal bases and plays the positions that we are need of production at
Then we would have 12 outfielders

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Amaya needs to prove himself some.

Lower level catchers are just a so so trade for item. Take the longest to develop. So you can expect 1-2 years at AAA even before seeing live action.

That is why I suggested Cartini if you are thinking along these lines. He helps a team today

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I had been thinking about if the Cubs would try to trade for Merrifield and how he fits their needs. I'd really like Lindor but I think Merrifield is more realistic since they'd probably give up more for Lindor and the Royals have the 2nd worst record. I'm sure AL teams would love to have Schwarber as their DH. Trade Schwarber, Russell, Happ and at least one prospect for Merrifield or Lindor. Schwarber, Russell and Happ might not have the best numbers right now but rebuilding teams like the Royals might consider their potential and them being in their mid 20s.

Merrifield LF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Contreras C
Almora CF
Heyward RF
Bote 2B
Pitcher

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I had been thinking about if the Cubs would try to trade for Merrifield and how he fits their needs. I'd really like Lindor but I think Merrifield is more realistic since they'd probably give up more for Lindor and the Royals have the 2nd worst record. I'm sure AL teams would love to have Schwarber as their DH. Trade Schwarber, Russell, Happ and at least one prospect for Merrifield or Lindor. Schwarber, Russell and Happ might not have the best numbers right now but rebuilding teams like the Royals might consider their potential and them being in their mid 20s.

Merrifield LF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez SS
Contreras C
Almora CF
Heyward RF
Bote 2B
Pitcher
REMINDS ME OF WHEN I WAS 12 AND CONJURED UP ALL THESE GREAT, ONE SIDED TRADES FOR THE CUBS WHERE WE GAVE UP OUR CRAP FOR THEIR VALUABLE RESOURCE. HAPP AND RUSSELL HAVE VIRTUALLY NO VALUE AND DESPITE HIS COMEBACK OVER THE LAST 2 WEEKS, CHUNKY IS IS ON THE VERGE OF A JENNY CRAIG INTERVENTION.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now I'm deaf. Thanks.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Everybody knows what the cubs need, everyone knows what the cubs gave up to get Q. With Alzolay our only pitching prospect, why do we want to move him? Just to sign yet another bad free agent that Theo chooses?

Lick our wounds, nobody is running away with the division. It will come down to the end of september regardless of who we get.