Report: Bulls-Jim Boylen close to 3-year extension

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Dunno what to think of this, it's been expected, but I was hoping for something more reasonable. Give him more time to prove himself before you do more than 2 years IMO. I guess 3 years isn't bad for this FO and their bumblehead decisions. Not like any legit head coach that is clearly better is suddenly excited to come to this organization anyways.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My opinion on April 11 is meh.....

I'll have a much more formulated opinion after the draft/FA. That said Boyball looked a lot better than Hoiball.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What the hell are they doing? We aren't even going to look at other options? This makes no sense - What has he done to earn an extension? What is the rush? Not like teams are busting down the door to sign a guy voted 2nd by players on "which coach would you not want to play for"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Source: Bulls and coach Jim Boylen are finalizing a three-year deal

So my previous question ( from the "Top Bulls prospects in NCAA Tournament" thread) was:
run and shoot said:

What do u we know about Jim Boylen style as a coach and who do u think in the draft would be a good fit for Boylen ?

The answer I got......
Whoever is most resistant to bad coaching. Probably Zion and then Ja again as the higher class man.

So what do ppl. think is Boylen a bad coach? If so why are we finalizing a three-year deal with him? Where's our commitment 2 winning?

Last edited:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
JR is Dollar Bill and has been for a decade.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Run and Shit
Wirtz you fucking Special person

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think he just should have had the interim title removed now and talk about bumping his current deal.

I have not seen much I like from Bowman, now adding three more years after losing 50 games?

What are the current questions? Will Denzel Valentine ever find a role on this team? Will this team ever put an emphasis on defense or is it always going to be rushing down court to get those points they gave up back.

Did Arch and Lemon earn anything as far as getting spot next year? It really seems like the team runs an offense when Arch is on the court and able to handle the ball, but for the most part its give it to lavine and stand in the corner. If we get Morant or another point guard in the draft, will they do the same thing?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Dunno what to think of this, it's been expected, but I was hoping for something more reasonable. Give him more time to prove himself before you do more than 2 years IMO. I guess 3 years isn't bad for this FO and their bumblehead decisions. Not like any legit head coach that is clearly better is suddenly excited to come to this organization anyways.

Reminds me of when the Bears gave Ryan Pace an extension for no apparent reason, with the rationale being 'no free agent will sign for a team with a lame-duck GM' (which, back then, the Bears probably would have been better off with Pace not signing FAs). Perhaps GarPax thinks that Boylen on a longer contract will be given more 'gravitas' by potential FAs?

I'm not a big fan of Boylen, but he's a significant improvement from Hoiberg.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who really cares? There is a talent void until that is taken care of doesn’t matter which yes man they trott out there. We can’t attract any decent free agents. We need to get lucky in the lottery it’s really the only hope for this team

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Reminds me of when the Bears gave Ryan Pace an extension for no apparent reason, with the rationale being 'no free agent will sign for a team with a lame-duck GM' (which, back then, the Bears probably would have been better off with Pace not signing FAs). Perhaps GarPax thinks that Boylen on a longer contract will be given more 'gravitas' by potential FAs?

I'm not a big fan of Boylen, but he's a significant improvement from Hoiberg.

Gotcha'.....
Do u think Boylen has enuff coaching ability to get to the playoffs? I don't know much about him.
---------
This post below is from "Top Bulls prospects in NCAA Tournament"
thread. It's kinda funny but sad about Boylen

Post #49 <<<<click here

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Who really cares? There is a talent void until that is taken care of doesn’t matter which yes man they trott out there. We can’t attract any decent free agents. We need to get lucky in the lottery it’s really the only hope for this team
The problem is the message it sends that you will be paid and we dont expect anything special from you.

I just do not get this, he has not proven a damn thing and the key is what happens when you know the one guy you are missing and he cant coach him?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Did they just did this?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did they just did this?

And why? Why don't they make decisions in best interest of the team? Why would then not take the year under contract currently to evaluate a coach?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would have waited until after the draft lottery to pick my coach. If we get lucky with one or two pick the right coach for that building block. But they don’t care they just want a yes man that they won’t have to hire a spy to infiltrate like they did with thibs

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What a mess. There was no reason to do this til he proved he can lead the team to a .500 record. He already got a bump in pay that should have tided him over til the contract was at least a little closer to being up.