Report: Cubs pressing some writers not to negatively cover Addison Russell?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
This is apparently false. This is from bleacher nation's notes today...

• Speaking of which, yes, I did see the report about the Cubs “threatening” writers for negative coverage of Russell, and although it struck me as implausible when put in those precise terms, I did reach out to the Cubs for comment. From VP of Communications and Community Affairs Julian Green: “This is totally absurd. We have faced many difficult and tough issues in arguably the toughest media market in this country and never shied away from criticism or steered the press away from covering sensitive or critical issues. On the issue of Domestic Violence, our organization has been proactively available, accessible and out front with the media on this issue, even in the face of criticism. To all of a sudden suggest we are running and hiding and shielding a player, who has also made himself available and answered questions about his suspension and journey without conditions, is simply an attempt to spread false rumors and the source should be questioned.”

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Got a start at second base last night, went 0-3 at the plate. He wont be able to handle a position switch.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Like I said, they may have done their due diligence with Russell and the situation by saying and doing all the right things, doesn't neccessary mean their gonna hold onto him and keep him as a part of the team..
Lots of stuff we dont know about behind close doors with players, management, that may not be said out in the open..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Like I said, they may have done their due diligence with Russell and the situation by saying and doing all the right things, doesn't neccessary mean their gonna hold onto him and keep him as a part of the team..
Lots of stuff we dont know about behind close doors with players, management, that may not be said out in the open..

Ownership just needs to do a season ticket holder straw pole. Case closed after.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Do baseball players forget how to hit the ball when switching positions? I had no idea.
I mean, really? It is that simple to you? Hey KB, thanks for winning that MVP, today we want to play descalso and bote so go out to right field. Then tomorrow, go out to left field, now back to third base.
Schwarber, go work on your defense, become a really good left fielder, get more outfield assists than the guy that made 75 million being nothing more than a gold glove outfielder, then we are going to bench you, by the way, we think you suck as a catcher.

Addison has always been given the spot here. When he struggled hitting, holding onto the bat, (maybe he just strangled his baby mama the night before) they never once optioned him. He was given the position, given all the latitude, and the first thing we know about abusers is it is all about them.

I guess you never knew sports psychiatry was a real thing.

How will Maddon ever get Descalso in the lineup everyday if Addison is back with the team?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I mean, really? It is that simple to you? Hey KB, thanks for winning that MVP, today we want to play descalso and bote so go out to right field. Then tomorrow, go out to left field, now back to third base.
Schwarber, go work on your defense, become a really good left fielder, get more outfield assists than the guy that made 75 million being nothing more than a gold glove outfielder, then we are going to bench you, by the way, we think you suck as a catcher.

Addison has always been given the spot here. When he struggled hitting, holding onto the bat, (maybe he just strangled his baby mama the night before) they never once optioned him. He was given the position, given all the latitude, and the first thing we know about abusers is it is all about them.

I guess you never knew sports psychiatry was a real thing.

How will Maddon ever get Descalso in the lineup everyday if Addison is back with the team?

Addison Russell played his first 80 MLB games at 2B. They made him wait half a season to take over SS even though he was outperforming Castro offensively, defensively, and as a base runner. He continued to play SS after that because he was the best option. Your entire argument about how the Cubs handled him is a mountain of distorted, revisionist bullshit.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Maybe he was strangling his baby mama the night before? I think it's a lot more likely you have your dick in your hand while you type. Ass.