Report: Cubs pressing some writers not to negatively cover Addison Russell?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Phil Rogers is having a meltdown on twitter over Russell. Just bad thought after bad thought.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds about right. Thats Cub!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never go full Special person and Phil Rogers did just that. Want to back Russell? No problem. Thats your opinion. Trying to justify it by saying the Cubs went 6-5 down the stretch and started 2-7 because of Russell was a wtf moment.

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Phil Rogers is a moron and needs to go away...

He had no idea what he saying anymore and talks in circles, I hate when they have him on Sports talk live

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm trying to make the connection you're suggesting here and I'm baffled.
I'm saying the timing of this "report" (which I don't believe) and Phil Rogers' cheerleading of Russell is curious.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I'm saying the timing of this "report" (which I don't believe) and Phil Rogers' cheerleading of Russell is curious.

Not following. The Cubs put out a phony report so that Phil Rogers could come in and try to rehab his image?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not following. The Cubs put out a phony report so that Phil Rogers could come in and try to rehab his image?
I think Phil is under the impression that he kisses some ass here that he gets some perks others on the beat won't.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I think Phil is under the impression that he kisses some ass here that he gets some perks others on the beat won't.

I guess that's why I don't understand: Rogers doesn't work the Cubs beat, and he isn't even employed by the Tribune anymore, as far as I know. His Twitter says he writes for Forbes, so why does he need "perks" or inside information from the Cubs?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What was said in the press release. Morrow moved to the 60 day. Russell back on the 40. 1 week is not enough time to get ready for the team. He is progressing towards rejoining the team

Now Zag is not even part of any rotation right now. Bryant has absorbed his AB's in left.

Add to it I really don't think any one wants to see Bote or Descanasio at SS is Baez needs a off day

But all things considered I don't see Russell as the starting SS anymore. He would be a UI.