No errors in my post.OK a lot of error in your post.
1) The risk is having huge amounts of cash tied up and not being able to address your own players or additional needs thru trade and free agency because of that if things go wrong by paying too much and/or injury
2) Whatever the cost? You say that because it's not your money. You are a meatball fan by saying whatever the costs. And that's fine. But it's also unrealistic.
3) Shields helped a lot. He helped the younger guys on the staff on learning the nuances of the game on and especially off the field. More so he allowed players to not be promoted early
3) The Padres I want to say paid for half his salary. Financially the cost to the team was low.
4) Tatis was a loss and was definitely an error in judgement by the White Sox.
1) The Sox payroll is minuscule. They can take a hit and then some.
2) I'm saying whatever the cost because the Sox payroll is minuscule. It's not my money, but it's my ticket I will or won't buy when they lose 100 games again. Spend money to Make money, Brett. Meatball fans say it's not our money.
3) Shields sucked and never should have been traded for. You could have brought anyone in and done that. We also have Don Cooper, that's his damn job.
4)Tatis could have been apart of this rebuild, but instead we traded him for a team helper.